1977 - 1985 Bobby Newby 56-34 .622

1986 - 1990 Ray Barnes 22-28 .44

1991 - 1994 Franklin Fisher 7-33 .175

1995 - 1996 Sid Fritts 2-18 .10

1997 - 1999 Glen Campbell 6-24 .20

2000 - 2001 Heath Woods 1-19 .05

2002 - 2003 Gerald Tidwell 0-20 0

2004 - present Chris Madewell 22-42 .343

Chris Madewell was the 2nd longest tenured head coach in WC history. Could be why his numbers were so high.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but NONE of the above coaches would have lasted long in Rutherford County! Evidently WC is NOT a hotbed of football prowess for some reason.

The Coach from Siegel even had a better record than most of the coaches y'all have had in the last 20 years. Hey, come to think of it he IS looking for a coaching job right now. :D

When I see this it really makes me wonder how you believe an established coach would want to go there. In fairness, I have no idea about this program, but can someone please tell me what the draw would be for a good coach to want to go there??

Appears to me you better hope to get a young, passionate coach that wants a shot to prove himself.

what i mean by wins and loses we put up all these good numbers but no winning record 22-42 last 6yrs YES i wish Todd was in the pool that is the most loses in w.c. football history our kids are winners they desevre a new coach to maybe turn things around yea and southern standard writes that 22 wins are good for 2nd all time in wins thats ok but they dont talk about 42 loses being 1st all time in loses i guess they dont want to hurt anyones feelings

So 42 losses is the most in a 6 year span at WCHS?

Oh, except for:

91-96= 50 losses

92-97= 46 losses

93-98= 48 losses

94-99= 50 losses

95-00= 51 losses

96-01= 50 losses

97-02= 53 losses

98-03= 57 losses

And there's not any post season losses in there against the top ranked teams in the state either.

Yeah I know you're talking about the most losses by one coach, but as was stated earlier, Coach Madewell is the SECOND LONGEST TENURED COACH in WCHS history at 6 years. So even though 10 losses were from that first year where he inherited an utter disaster, and 4 losses were in the PLAYOFFS against 1 state champ, and 3 other highly favored teams he still averaged less losses per year than the previous 5 coaches. But hey, let's go back to the coaching carousel days where we bring somebody in, get tired of him in a couple years, run him off, and bring somebody else in.

Don't look for Dunlap to come back. I have a feeling he'd ask for a lot (all of which is needed for a winning program) and wouldn't get it. Plus he seems to be having a lot of success at NSU. 2 of his position players making all conference and one getting honorable mention......but then again, in WC you never know what's going to happen next!

what i mean by wins and loses we put up all these good numbers but no winning record 22-42 last 6yrs YES i wish Todd was in the pool that is the most loses in w.c. football history our kids are winners they desevre a new coach to maybe turn things around yea and southern standard writes that 22 wins are good for 2nd all time in wins thats ok but they dont talk about 42 loses being 1st all time in loses i guess they dont want to hurt anyones feelings

So 42 losses is the most in a 6 year span at WCHS?

Oh, except for:

91-96= 50 losses

92-97= 46 losses

93-98= 48 losses

94-99= 50 losses

95-00= 51 losses

96-01= 50 losses

97-02= 53 losses

98-03= 57 losses

And there's not any post season losses in there against the top ranked teams in the state either.

Yeah I know you're talking about the most losses by one coach, but as was stated earlier, Coach Madewell is the SECOND LONGEST TENURED COACH in WCHS history at 6 years. So even though 10 losses were from that first year where he inherited an utter disaster, and 4 losses were in the PLAYOFFS against 1 state champ, and 3 other highly favored teams he still averaged less losses per year than the previous 5 coaches. But hey, let's go back to the coaching carousel days where we bring somebody in, get tired of him in a couple years, run him off, and bring somebody else in.

good post the numbers dont lie whoever gets the job should have 6 yrs to prove themselves just like the last one

I heard this morning that ELA has applied for the position and wants to bring his son plus one other coach from his staff.

I was about to ask why he'd wanna come here, then I saw that he's not at FC any more.

Does WC have a nepotism policy? Well, one that they're gonna enforce now that we have new b-ball coaches. :wacko: