#6 Gallatin (9-3) @ #2 Beech (10-2) - 3rd Round

Gtowner

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both teams. Both teams are playing good/sound football but I think Beech has improved as the season has went on and think that they take this one by 4 if it stays dry. Beech has a smaller but faster overall team and think the wet conditions really hurt them in the last matchup. Good luck to both teams.

Great game. Congrats to the Bucs. Good luck next week. Dangit, I was 1 point off.

Congrats to both teams. Beech for advancing and Gallatin on a great season. Keep Middle TN alive next week Beech. Two evenly matched teams tonight. I wish Gallatin's QB could have played both ways tonight. His shoulder kept him from being out there on Defense. Also Gallatin's best player #9 was a key injury in the 2nd half to his ankle. With all that said Beech was the better team tonight but wish Gallatin players would have been healthy the whole game.

I have to hand it to the Green Wave, they did everything they could to hang with the superior talent that Beech has. Beech's line manhandled the wave up front all night. Gallatin's QB is the far and away leader of this team, physically and everything else.

Finally we agree. Beech's offensive line was superior tonight in every way. Gallatin's defense had no answer to the pounding ground game that Beech ran. The wideouts for Beech blocked better than any I have seen this year. They really sealed the ends and db's all night. I do hope that Haymer was not hurt after that last hit. His helmet I think went 10 yards the other way. Gallatin had several chances but Beech always had the answer. Great game though. Good Luck to Beech against Mitchell.

Great game by both teams. IMO the turnover stat was huge. Gallatin had the interception and fumble which both lead to Beech scores. Otherwise, the game was very evenly matched, with both offenses doing what got them here. Perry and Mathews ripped off some really nice runs and, for a bum arm/shoulder, Mathews threw it pretty well. Beech was able to spread it around between Haymer, Sites and Walker. The QB Neal threw well and Coach Crabtree called enough passes to keep Gallatin honest. Congratulations to Gallatin on a great season. Beech can enjoy this one tonight, but on Monday get ready to work. Congratulations to Beech, Coach Crabtree and staff.

Wow! What a game. I thought the MJ game was the best high school game I had ever seen, but this one ranks right up there. Haymer is a thourougbred (who will be back next year), Walker runs with great patience and vision (sophomore) and Sites is just a flat out beast. He plays both sides of the ball with as much heart and "passion" as anyone I have seen. He also showed his speed on the td run. I hear the big boys are starting to sniff around for his services next year. Jamie Howell and Wes Aiello and all the boys in the trenches flat out dominated the vaunted Gallatin D. With the game on the line with 8:00 minutes to go, Crabtree took the ball and said we are going to run it down your throat, stop us if you can. Safety/RB Brock Haley suffered a concussion. Hope all is well with Haymer after the wicked hit he took. I was not aware that it was a rule in HS that when the runner's helmet comes off the play is immediately blown dead. Congratulations GHS on a great season. You were back where you belong making a deep run in the playoffs. Lassiter and Co. are first class. Someone on another thread commented on the quality of coaching in Sumner Co. You won't find four better coaches in any county in the state than Crabtree, Lassiter, Hatfield, Porter.

I just want to thank the entire Green Wave team for a tremendously exciting season. 9-4 overall with a few signature wins including last weeks win over Henry County. You guys were in all but 1 game this season with either a win or a chance to win even 3 of the 4 losses came down to the final series of the games. I had said this would be a 3-0 game or 28-27. I knew I should have picked the high scoring close game both teams figured out the weakness of the other teams D. Both teams O-lines tonight played tremendously well. It was NOT a defensive clinic like the 1st game both offenses came to play. In the end Gallatin committed 2 TO's the led to 14 points for Beech...a team who wasn't going to be stopped. Hats off to Beech represent Sumner Co. well next week. Mitchell is putting up some serious points. This Gallatin victory as great as it was for your program isn't the goal, that come is 2 weeks. Good luck.

I just want to thank the entire Green Wave team for a tremendously exciting season. 9-4 overall with a few signature wins including last weeks win over Henry County. You guys were in all but 1 game this season with either a win or a chance to win even 3 of the 4 losses came down to the final series of the games. I had said this would be a 3-0 game or 28-27. I knew I should have picked the high scoring close game both teams figured out the weakness of the other teams D. Both teams O-lines tonight played tremendously well. It was NOT a defensive clinic like the 1st game both offenses came to play. In the end Gallatin committed 2 TO's the led to 14 points for Beech...a team who wasn't going to be stopped. Hats off to Beech represent Sumner Co. well next week. Mitchell is putting up some serious points. This Gallatin victory as great as it was for your program isn't the goal, that come is 2 weeks. Good luck.

class post :thumb: