Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

So much for the idea that Maryville can't play with the "big boys". Oak Ridge, Bearden, Farragut, D-B, and now Riverdale have fallen victim to a very good, but not the best team Maryville has had.

I personally think that the vast majority of knowledgable people believed that Maryville could compete at the highest level with no problem. I know I did. A very, very small vocal minority group of haters like to stir up the Maryville faithful with these notions that Maryville can't compete at the highest level and it does get the Maryville fans riled up, to say the least. In reality, there was nothing Maryville could do to silence these critics until they moved up to the highest class and had success, which they have done this year.

The 6A crowd is learning that Maryville wins not because of superior personnel, but because of superior coaching, both in terms of preparation and in-game adjustments. They always will have good, coachable players and as long is GQ is around, they will compete for state titles in Tennessee, regardless of the classification.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Maryville Rebels! There is no question about how good you are past and present and your place in TN high school football history! No doubt about your coaching as well and congrats! :thumb: Go Warriors! So proud of you Seniors for the great season and sorry it ended the way it did. Been great listening to you this year and following your progress! You have improved every week and have worked very hard. Thanks for everything! Best wishes for a bright future! Work hard and keep your noses clean. Under classmen you know what to do. Work hard and juniors you will be seniors and the leaders. Thanks for the exciting year! Best wishes to the Rebels I will be rooting for you next week! :thumb:

I don't think you people from "The Boro" understand. This Maryville bunch works like a well oiled machine. They methodically dismember their opponent. They only way to understand what I'm talking about is to play 'em Friday night. This is going to be Oak Ridge all over again. The Warriors come to town, put up their teepee, light a little fire in it and by half time have to take it down. I witnessed that one myself at OR.

And I'll tell you what. The people that run the stadium at Maryville are the nicest hosts you could ask for. You will be made to feel very welcome there. Some of the posters on here try to act like back hills folk but that is just a ruse - a bit of fun if you will.

The utmost respect for the people of Maryville and their team.

And no, I'm not from there. Our team got whipped by them.

Prediction: Maryville 28, Riverdale 14

actually we are probably one of the few teams that does understand the terms machine and mythodical I think that we are a lot a like the biggest difference is maryville has done it at a different classification but they are very well coached and they know how to win. we have not given up more than 7 points during regualtion in a long time so i would be very surprised if this game is that high scoring but i will respect your knowledge of both schools and accept your predicition as I know that my WARRIORS are just lucky to be here

Looks like this was the 1st 7+ pointer that has been scored against Riverdale in a long time. Congrats to Maryville. Indeed it was very similar to the OR vs Riverdale game of a few years ago. No doubt you understand now. The score doesn't reflect the difference in the two teams.