Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

So come on up, sip some tea, and the Cyclones will just lay down and let you walk on into Cookville (sic) the way it should be.

Let me apologize for the following post before I even write it. Once you get to my age, senior moments hit without warning.

Now you're talking! It's going to be cold Friday night, and a cup of piping hot tea will hit the spot. Make mine oolong or Earl Grey. I'll bring the scones. Maybe your Family & Consumer Science teacher can help set it up.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa fans--oh yea, don't miss the Betsy players getting together at mid field right before they go in after pregame and taunt the other team -- only got our guys fired up --- sure it will be same for you.

Maybe you can do "Too hype" with a microphone :lol:

nobody cares who likes/dislikes the chant. also nobody cares about "too hype" either. advice though.. really gets our guys going when you have the nerve to stomp on the "E" at mid-field as AE did while our boys do the chant. another thing, we have the best defense in the state so dont be too quick to talk about "pounding the rock". and yes i know alcoa has a very good defense too. if they didnt they wouldnt still be here. if elizabethton slows down the running game of Toney, look out. :o my prediction is coming middle of the week.

Wow, Betsy that confident about their defense. The best defense in the state???? Well I actually got to see Betsy play against CAK. I believe the score was 14-13 CAK. Alcoa has played CAK twice and in those two meetings CAK has scored 17 points. One of those touchdowns was on a kickoff return in the first quarter. So, logically thinking you wouldn't believe that Betsy has a better defense than the Tornadoes. Let alone the whole entire state.

Keep talking about CAK on this post about how they kicked our butts, but when they left E-Town they knew they had been in a gane, Ryan Thomas going down in the first half would have been good for 2 more scores. Our 10 th grade QB came in and picked your d apart. You guys got out of there with a win by 1 foot miss on field goals, because our kicker was hurt, we have fixed those things, and will use that experance. Be ready Alcoa, it's gona end someday, might as well be Friday Night.

Cylcones have a good team but it's obvioiusly not a great team. Too many average years leading up to this one to have a great team. Good win against Austin East, but they are not even close to Alcoa. AE has a lot of talent but that's about it. Alcoa has some talent but more importantly they are usually in position to make the play.

Alcoa gets the W 28-7

Betsy fans are making some pretty big statements for a team with 2 LOSSES. Alcoa is coming in undefeated and 5 straight championships with a win over Maryville among others and Betsy fans know exactly how Alcoa can be pushed over and that the F5 does not measure up to their team. It's not anything new. In the past when Alcoa plays teams that they normally do not go up against all you hear is how Alcoa's defense doesn't measure up or how their offense can be stopped. Then once the game has been played those remarks are laughable at best. All this talk of shutting Alcoa down is comical; just like the idiot who kept voting for Elizabethton as #1 in the AP poll this year even after they had a loss. Go ahead and do your little chant.....Alcoa has one as well, probably better too.

Warning to Betsy fans....you cannot compare Alcoa to AE. Alcoa one has more depth than most 5 and 6A schools. Plus...playing Maryville every year forced Alcoa to be more fundamentally sound. Alcoa has AE's speed and athleticism but they are more physical and disciplined.

Cylcones have a good team but it's obvioiusly not a great team. Too many average years leading up to this one to have a great team. Good win against Austin East, but they are not even close to Alcoa. AE has a lot of talent but that's about it. Alcoa has some talent but more importantly they are usually in position to make the play.

Alcoa gets the W 28-7

Trying to not sound arrogant b/c Milan has a good program but Alcoa has 10 gold trophies and more semi-final appearances.

Let me say all 4 teams left in the 3a playoffs deserve to be there all of them had to beat somebody to get this far, as far as all this trash talking ive said it ever since the playoffs began PARENTS and FANS dont go on the feild and play only the young men on Elizabethton's and Alcoa's football team will decide this game. What happened last week, early season, or last year will not matter only the score friday night. Do I think Aloca has a great team yes i do but TENNESSEE HIGH had a great team until they were beat two weeks ago and they were no#1 in their classification at the time they were beat. This old man says play ball and shut up all ready. GO CYCLONES

First, let me say that there is no doubt Alcoa has a fantastic team... next, let me say fantastic teams get beat every week...

Betsy does in fact have 2 losses, it's a sad fact that 8 points were our downfall for the entire season. 7 to Asheville during a rainstorm... (did I mention the fact that we actually scored a touchdown and the players were congratulating each other before the ref threw a flag way back down at the 40 yard line?) And CAK... well, you can't give away touchdowns (which is what we did on a penalty) and so CAK managed to "stomp" the Cyclones by 1 point.

No one knows what will happen Friday night... and regardless of who wins or loses the bottom line is... a fantastic team will be beat. GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!

While I agree with some comments about the game, one major item is being obmitted. When was the last time a ETN team won a state championship in Football. It has been a loooooong time, and the reason is simple: Football is better in Knoxville, Middle and West TN. I am from ETN and would love to see Betsy win, but you can't argue with facts. Alcoa has won 5 consecutive championships...do you really think they will be "nervous" for this game? If anyone is nervous it will be Betsy, these current kids have never been here before. I was excitied that Betsy beat AE, but living in Knoxville and watching Alcoa and others (Maryville) year end year out you can't compare the talent. And Alcoa BEAT Maryville(49-14) this year, and last I look Maryville is in the Semi-finals.

Good luck to Betsy players, but I believe they will come out on the short end and again get beaten by a Knoxville area team (like Maryville with the Wittens).

I once heard this saying, its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. I truly beileve coach witten has got the best team in the state. I heard rumor of Alcoa already making reservations for the hotels in state? i really hope this is true because if you look over Betsy, your gonna get bit. ask your pals from Austin-East. Coach W had the team feeling loose today. they had a contest to have the best high-step(from preston running a 90+yrd run). Also heard alcoa hasnt watched film on us? hahaha. Good luck to both teams, have a injury free game guys.

E-town 24-Alcoa-17

I promise you Alcoa has watched all the film they can get there hands on as has Elizabethton! Its amazing to me how many people know exactly whats going to happen Friday night! Face no one on here doesnt have no idea whats going to take place,no matter how good Alcoa is Elizabethton can beat them and vice versa. You people act as though your life rides on this game,just enjoy the ride your team has given you. All I have to say is come Friday is going to be a great game and if Alcoa wins by 40 or Elizabethton by 21 both these teams will leave it on the feild and we should applaud them for a great year and given us something to talk about!And as for the Milan fans Alcoa or Elizabethton doesnt care about you this week your so unimportant right know your funny and kinda making yourself the north end of a south bound horse! :roflol:

Go Cyclones!!![/quo

Good post and you are exactly right; all these predictions don't mean a thing. Two quality teams battling it out on the field; let the best team win and enjoy what these kids have given all of us "armchair qb's". GO TORNADOES!!