Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

Alcoa should be nervous...they should be afraid.... :roflolk:

There is always a chance Betsy could win b/c you never know what will happen on gameday, but seriously guys.....you're dreaming if you think Alcoa is going to be intimidated by their "surroundings."

You're right. I don't think Alcoa will be intimidated by their surroundings. I'm almost hoping they won't be worried about Betsy at all... :thumb:

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa should be nervous...they should be afraid.... :roflolk:

There is always a chance Betsy could win b/c you never know what will happen on gameday, but seriously guys.....you're dreaming if you think Alcoa is going to be intimidated by their "surroundings."

Keep stirring the kids will play the game not me or you.

Just talk, talk, talk, talk....etc. The kids will be the ones doing the talking Friday night and we will just be observers. I hate that the weather will be so bad for the kids; it appears as though we are going to have some miserable conditions for them. However, I will be there cheering for my Tornadoes just like the E-town folks will be pulling for theirs. Best wishes for both to keep the injuries away.

Orangeworker, nice to talk to a fan of the opposing team that doesn't offer all the gab that is flowing all around us; I really appreciate good sportmanship and you represent your community well.

Just talk, talk, talk, talk....etc. The kids will be the ones doing the talking Friday night and we will just be observers. I hate that the weather will be so bad for the kids; it appears as though we are going to have some miserable conditions for them. However, I will be there cheering for my Tornadoes just like the E-town folks will be pulling for theirs. Best wishes for both to keep the injuries away.

Orangeworker, nice to talk to a fan of the opposing team that doesn't offer all the gab that is flowing all around us; I really appreciate good sportmanship and you represent your community well.

Your welcome, it is about representing your community, both team have had a great season and they both should be proud as well as their fans and parents. I will be pulling for my home town CYCLONES,have a safe trip to E-TOWN friday night.

CyclonePrider wrote:

EHSCyclones wrote:

While I agree with some comments about the game, one major item is being obmitted. When was the last time a ETN team won a state championship in Football. It has been a loooooong time, and the reason is simple: Football is better in Knoxville, Middle and West TN. I am from ETN and would love to see Betsy win, but you can't argue with facts. Alcoa has won 5 consecutive championships...do you really think they will be "nervous" for this game? If anyone is nervous it will be Betsy, these current kids have never been here before. I was excitied that Betsy beat AE, but living in Knoxville and watching Alcoa and others (Maryville) year end year out you can't compare the talent. And Alcoa BEAT Maryville(49-14) this year, and last I look Maryville is in the Semi-finals.

Good luck to Betsy players, but I believe they will come out on the short end and again get beaten by a Knoxville area team (like Maryville with the Wittens).

I think we have 3 teams in the Semi-finals Sullivan South, Greeneville and Elizabethton shut out Greeneville, all that matters is the kids playing Friday. If you ask me Alcoa has the most to be nervous about, they would be the first team in 5 years not to make it to state. Our guys will just be having fun, they were not suppose to be there.

I agree no pressure on the Cyclones this week just have fun and play your butts off and show the rest of the state who we are. GO CYCLONES

Obviously you are not reading what I stated. I said when was the last time an ETN WON a state title in football. Not PLAYED in a semi-final game. I believe the last ETN team to win a state title in football was DB in 1960! No ETN team has even PLAYED for a state title since then.

All I am saying is that once you get to this level, start playing the best out of Knoxville, Middle or West TN area its a completely different ballgame. Look at TN High. They were #1 this year and got beat. Do you really believe THEY were #1 in the state. Same can be said for DB, when they have a good team they are always close to being #1 in the state but loose in the 1st or 2nd round. Its a different type of football and if EHS is not careful it could be a long evening. Believe me I would like to see a state title in the area, like we got back in the early '90's with BBall (SH) to quiet others in the state.

To all the Elizabethton and Alcoa players and coaches.... Congrads on making it to the State Semi's ... Wish both of you all the best of luck from Hampton... I hope that Elizabethton can pull this one out... It is going to be an up hill battle for Elizabethton..... My pick... Elizabethton 22 Alcoa 21 Coach Witten goes for a 2pt conv late and gets it on the legs of QB Ryan Thomas.... but these are all just predictions... Once again .. Congrads to both teams for making it this far once again... and yes this is from a Die Hard Hampton Bulldog fan..... Hope to see a packed house.... So all of you other Carter Co. Schools come out and support these Cyclones.... They deserve it.... Cyclone players... Give it 110% you may be a slight underdog... but u have the home field, the drive and the coaching ... Take it to them,,,,,,Give it all you got for 48mins... and no matter the outcome you should be proud of yourselves ........ GO CYCLONES........

As I said last week, the F5 by 21. Betsy, Alcoa plays serious ball control. You may only get the ball 5 times the whole night. That explains Alcoa not really blowing opponents out like you would expect them to. The defense stays fresh and can go 110% all night. Congrats on a fine season and those are some killer BBQ sammiches yall serve up there!!!!

CyclonePrider wrote:

EHSCyclones wrote:

While I agree with some comments about the game, one major item is being obmitted. When was the last time a ETN team won a state championship in Football. It has been a loooooong time, and the reason is simple: Football is better in Knoxville, Middle and West TN. I am from ETN and would love to see Betsy win, but you can't argue with facts. Alcoa has won 5 consecutive championships...do you really think they will be "nervous" for this game? If anyone is nervous it will be Betsy, these current kids have never been here before. I was excitied that Betsy beat AE, but living in Knoxville and watching Alcoa and others (Maryville) year end year out you can't compare the talent. And Alcoa BEAT Maryville(49-14) this year, and last I look Maryville is in the Semi-finals.

Good luck to Betsy players, but I believe they will come out on the short end and again get beaten by a Knoxville area team (like Maryville with the Wittens).

I think we have 3 teams in the Semi-finals Sullivan South, Greeneville and Elizabethton shut out Greeneville, all that matters is the kids playing Friday. If you ask me Alcoa has the most to be nervous about, they would be the first team in 5 years not to make it to state. Our guys will just be having fun, they were not suppose to be there.

I agree no pressure on the Cyclones this week just have fun and play your butts off and show the rest of the state who we are. GO CYCLONES

Obviously you are not reading what I stated. I said when was the last time an ETN WON a state title in football. Not PLAYED in a semi-final game. I believe the last ETN team to win a state title in football was TN High in 1971! No ETN team has even PLAYED for a state title since then.

All I am saying is that once you get to this level, start playing the best out of Knoxville, Middle or West TN area its a completely different ballgame. Look at TN High. They were #1 this year and got beat. Do you really believe THEY were #1 in the state. Same can be said for DB, when they have a good team they are always close to being #1 in the state but loose in the 1st or 2nd round. Its a different type of football and if EHS is not careful it could be a long evening. Believe me I would like to see a state title in the area, like we got back in the early '90's with BBall (SH) to quiet others in the state.

As I said last week, the F5 by 21. Betsy, Alcoa plays serious ball control. You may only get the ball 5 times the whole night. That explains Alcoa not really blowing opponents out like you would expect them to. The defense stays fresh and can go 110% all night. Congrats on a fine season and those are some killer BBQ sammiches yall serve up there!!!!

5 times=5 TD'S...that'll work! I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by this bunch of kids in orange and black. Safe trip to all of you coming our way and let's hope we have a great safe game of HS football! Oh and stay away from Ridgewood Friday evening so I can get a table!

Statistics for everyone to ponder which details where these programs have been the past few years. This decade Alcoa is 122-19 while Betsy is 64-51. From 2004 on Alcoa is 82-6 and Betsy is 36-32. If you take out 2002 Alcoa is 119-12 this decade. Obviously all records can be placed aside once the game begins but this does show the culture of winning at Alcoa High School.