Alcoa @ Elizabethton--Semifinal

Tornado89

OW I hope you didn't kick your dog because you felt picked on yesterday. Please don't "mash anybody's mouth" (i haven't heard that phrase since I was like....6.....from my mom....and she did it.)

WHAT WILL (has) HAPPEN(ed) TODAY:

Already had breakfast at mom's (she told me she was going to mash my mouth today.....Ironic.)

Got meaningless holiday shopping done for motorcycle buddies because their wives wouldn't cut them loose to do it. (you're welcome K12Koop)

Got cold gear ready for tonight, picked up peacoat from the cleaners.

WE WILL take over Ridgewood this afternoon....

We WILL enjoy the National Anthem at E-Town....(no body does it any better)

We WILL win this game in fairly convincing fashion.

We WILL take all of Ivan Sanders' AP voting ballots.

And we WILL keep our reservations that we made back in September in Cookeville.

No Chants or pregame hype will be a factor tonight, business is business and we will handle it. Betsy has a good team, but when it gets to this level, it's about the Jimmys and the Joes, more so than the X's and the O's....We have them, you don't. I firmly believe that with no disrespect. Every other team that we have faced in the semi's the past few years thought the same as you (no exception) but were humbled and complimentary afterward. Here's to a good game and the great Betsy fans.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OW I hope you didn't kick your dog because you felt picked on yesterday. Please don't "mash anybody's mouth" (i haven't heard that phrase since I was like....6.....from my mom....and she did it.)

Already had breakfast at mom's (she told me she was going to mash my mouth today.....Ironic.)

Got meaningless holiday shopping done for motorcycle buddies because their wives wouldn't cut them loose to do it. (you're welcome K12Koop)

No Chants or pregame hype will be a factor tonight, business is business and we will handle it. Betsy has a good team, but when it gets to this level, it's about the Jimmys and the Joes, more so than the X's and the O's....We have them, you don't. I firmly believe that with no disrespect. Every other team that we have faced in the semi's the past few years thought the same as you (no exception) but were humbled and complimentary afterward. Here's to a good game and the great Betsy fans.

:lol::roflol::thumb::lol:

I'm gettin pumped for this one after reading all yall jawing at each other and reading the news sentinel this morning. Some boys from your neighborhood friendly Warriors will be there rooting for the F5. :roflol:

I trust the Betsy natives'll be in full vigor for this one. It'll rival the Maryville-Alcoa game in terms of people in attendence and hype (as shown with this 42 page thread). It was definatly the most electric atmosphere ive ever been at. (besides playing in Neyland). This'll be a fun one.

:roflol::thumb: Better hope you can back that up tonight APB. no that i dont agree cause i do. it'll just be a little embarassing if Alcoa comes out a little flat like they some times do and Betsy can keep it close and then make some plays down the stretch. Word of advice to Alcoa: RUN THE BALL. throwing it got them in trouble vs. Loudon. and betsy's db's are way better than Loudons.

Does anyone out there have an Alcoa roster they could send me? I do the PA for the games. We requested one from the AD on Monday but I guess he got caught up in the holiday. I like to get it early so I have some idea about names. e-mail sonnyhunt@embarqmail.com

Does Betsy have a station that is going to stream the game online?

Word of advice to Alcoa: RUN THE BALL. throwing it got them in trouble vs. Loudon. and betsy's db's are way better than Loudons.

I do not think that our offensive coaches are going to go into "Mad Scientist" mode in the red zone like they did last week. If we trust #16 to run a sweep on 3rd and 15, we should be able to trust him with the ball in his hands on 4th and 1. I look for a lot of positive yardage on first down so hopefully it will not come down to that. On defense, we will keep Betsy behind the chains, just like we have done to everyone else this year. I do not think that Coach W will hand us a TD like he did to CAK on their first possession. Will be a hard fought game, looking forward to it.