ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

How will 3A stack up next year. I would imagine Alcoa will be just as good. Milan is losing alot but they have alot of good but inexperienced players. McMinn Central is losing alot and it looks like a rebuilding year. York? Camden? CAK? Loudon? Polk? Betsy?AE? SC? Any sleepers? This may make for a new thread but I thought we could at least put what we thought in this one.

CAK: Losing some good players, but returning 6 starters on D & 7 on O, some good reserves to fill in the gaps, not much depth, should be a good squad, the following year could be pretty lean.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That one has already been done]

Not sure how they do weather in the mountains but in the west forecasts are updated daily. Making your yesterday forecast null and void, leaving my newly updated forecast the obvious right forecast! Gary pickens even said so with his "accu weather" forecast! Lol

lol!! If they knew about Gary Pickens they would be laughing too.

Ive got a question.... How is Alcoa such a great team every year? Is it work put in, in the off season?.... coaching?.... athleticism?.....luck?....... i need to know how you end up in the big game every year, so my team can start doin it.....

It is a combination of things. Tradition, hard work, tallent, confidence, coaching, community support, excellent feeder programs and pure dedication. It doesn't just happen overnight and everything must come together to get it started. It is something special, and we know it will not last forever, but we will enjoy the ride. That is why we talk a lot, it is all temporary, will it end tomorrow, I doubt it, next year, who knows. It also has a lot to do with young players getting experience in real games before it is their turn to lead.

You got to get that special potion and put it in the drinking water......Or let anyone in the state who wants play for your team play! Just kidding. Making a little jab at the open zoning stuff at Alcoa. Think you need a combination of talent, hard work, dedication, coaching, and team support by the community for a team to be there year in and year out. Alcoa sets the bar. Think they may take that bar and beat the bulldogs down friday. Gonna be watching it on Fox. Milan, Camden wishes you the best of luck....You will need it.

2 words......open zone....unfair advantage to the zoned schools of the rest of the state...they should be considered private since they have that advantage and subject to the multiplier

So cofo, still beating that horse I see. Better hit it again I think it twitched.

How many championships would alcoa have if they were not open zone? Why did alcoa not dominate the 90s as well?

What shade of green is that cofo? I can't tell if its more of green with envy, or your standard jealous green.

Ive got a question.... How is Alcoa such a great team every year? Is it work put in, in the off season?.... coaching?.... athleticism?.....luck?....... i need to know how you end up in the big game every year, so my team can start doin it.....

1. Unbelievable support. If you were able to be at Alcoa Schools tomorrow you would witness what I'm talking about. The send-off for the football team is incredible. There will be a pep rally at the high school, the boys will get on the bus and ride a few yards to the middle school. They'll get off the bus, greeted by the middle school students, shake hands/give high fives before getting back on the bus. Then, they'll ride down the hill to the elementary school. This is really something to see. All of the elementary school kids are outside waiting for them, cheering and jumping up and down. The excitement in their eyes brings tears to mine. I remember what it was like, being their age and looking at the high school kids like they were heroes, not wanting to wait to be one of them.

2. Great feeder programs. We have former Alcoa football players coaching the peewee and midget teams. The middle school & high school coaches work closely together.

3. Hard work. Our boys are dedicated to being the best. Our second string would be first string at a different school. Those boys push our first string so there are no surprises during the game. Do our boys work harder than other schools? I can't say. Rankin made the comment in an article in the Elizabethton Star that

"It's a traditional football town... "We get a lot of support from the community. I was fortunate to put together a good coaching staff and have some great kids. The program's really important to the kids and the community. " The article also said "Football is a way of life in Alcoa. People eat, sleep and breathe football. And winning's remained a tradition, especially since Rankin left Riverdale, a program he had built into a power."

4. It doesn't hurt to have some good athletes! A lot of our boys play at least 2 sports, so they don't specifically train for football the whole year. Oh, and it also doesn't hurt that Murvul HS is only 10 minutes away from AHS; our rivalry is one of the biggest in the state.

2 words......open zone....unfair advantage to the zoned schools of the rest of the state...they should be considered private since they have that advantage and subject to the multiplier

Since you brought it up mofo oops Freudian slip, anyway since you mention private schools I'm watching the MUS MBA game and I'm like huh? What's the big deal?