ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Congrats to Alcoa for a dominant win. Very good line play won this game. They knew what Alcoa was gonna do, stacked the box and still pounded the rock.

Milan...congrats on the silver. good team.

Now please stop with the turnover business...That didnt fly with last week vs. York. yall kept saying "we adjusted and please give our defense its props." Well just give Alcoa their props. One long pass play in the first quarter and the drive to begin the 2nd half was all Milan could muster.

This game was not dominated by either team whatsoever. Milan did turn the ball over 4 times, and against a team like Alcoa you have to play a perfect game. I do believe if 3 of those turnovers never happened things could've went a little different than they did. However, as I said in a previous post, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you anywhere. I will say that Milan held their own against the mighty F5 today and I'm very impressed. And as stated before, congratulations to Alcoa on the win today. Hopefully these 2 teams can play for a 3rd straight year in 2010 :thumb:

No doubt Milan is good and deserved to be there...but like P&G said Alcoa was never threatened. I bet the Alcoa folks dont think they played the perfect game either. The one score on the short drive was really a direct result of a good drive that ended in a fumble and the D got back with an int. So really thats a moot point. Take care of the ball and no short drives for TDs. Give the better defense their due. They helped cause the turnovers.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said if we had any turnovers we would lose, Alcoa has a great D, and alot of class from

their players, Alcoa fans you should be very proud. Milan, great effort, I thought Morris

would of had a better game plan, but what do I know. Alcoa can make your team look

average. I thought for the most part we played pretty good D. Great season Dawgs,

you've had a good run for the past couple of years. Good Luck next year to the

Alcoa team. I know I'm typing in broken sentences, and my thoughts are all over the

place but it's been a long day. I'm hitting the sack!!!

Congratulations to both Alcoa and Milan earning the right to play in the championship game. Both teams left their all on the field. Excellent sportsmanship by Alcoa players and I must mention #4 for Milan who I saw give a hand more than once to an Alcoa player.

F5 players; all your hard work and effort payed off. It's back to the weight room in preparation for next year.

CONGRATULATIONS ALCOA TORNADOES!!!!!!!!!

Let me start out on congratulating the Milan team and fans for a great season. They played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of. Great effort just not the perfect game that you had to have.

As for the game, Alcoa's offensive and defensive lines were the difference. I have stated earlier that this would be the difference in the game. Also the Robinson twins tonight played awfully well as did Dee Herbert. The only thing I would complain about was Alcoa was too conservative. I believe Rankin thought the only way he might lose would be turnovers. Also the first two play calls on offensive for Alcoa was terrible. I guess you can always find something to complain about. :thumb: The run that Alcoa has going is unbelievable. I don't know what the record is for most state championships (nationally) but Alcoa must be close. You could see another three more (state championships) with the core players back next year and a very good sophomore and freshman class. :thumb:

Let me start out on congratulating the Milan team and fans for a great season. They played hard and have nothing to be ashamed of. Great effort just not the perfect game that you had to have.

As for the game, Alcoa's offensive and defensive lines were the difference. I have stated earlier that this would be the difference in the game. Also the Robinson twins tonight played awfully well as did Dee Herbert. The only thing I would complain about was Alcoa was too conservative. I believe Rankin thought the only way he might lose would be turnovers. Also the first two play calls on offensive for Alcoa was terrible. I guess you can always find something to complain about. :thumb: The run that Alcoa has going is unbelievable. I don't know what the record is for most state championships (nationally) but Alcoa must be close. You could see another three more (state championships) with the core players back next year and a very good sophomore and freshman class. :thumb:

Agree with all you said volfan. Those Robinson twins both played an excellent game (#5 and #6) along with Dee Herbert (#28). I believe there was some serious talk this week about turnovers, hence the conservative play calling. Great game F5!!

Conservative is boring but very effective if you've got the horses to do it. I never thought Alcoa would win with no passing yards. Aloca was the best team tonight no doubt. But if Milan doesn't have the turnover in the 3rd period, I really think it would have been an exciting finish.

Congrats to both teams...two classy programs.

I haven't had a chance to get on here since this game. This game went as I expected. I heard that this was the first time that Milan has been shut out since 1996 when Melrose shut them out. That's pretty impressive on Milan's part.

Alcoa, awesome job to you guys!!! After watching you guys beat Maryville in person earlier this year, I came back and told the Milan folks that Alcoa was the absolute truth and that no one would beat them this year. I just might have to come back next year and get me a "got 6" shirt, lol. Congratulations to Alcoa! Great team, great coaching, great fans!