ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

Nowhere in my post did I trash talk. I did not state how great Milan is, nor of how Milan will beat Alcoa. I stated facts and how Milan COULD win the game. Read the post again.

In special I meant as SPECIAL: as in a Randall Cobb? or a Patrick Willis? Special as in the next level.

Has Toney recieved any D-I offers?

I believe Vanderbilt for one, which means that he has brains as well as brawn. Now that sounds pretty special to me. :?:

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The record he has is special. Could Toney be such an impact without his O-Line?? :?:

Like last year's RB Cunningham, from Goodpasture, He was something special with a decent O-line. Alcoa's O-Line makes Toney.

Jumping in on the "Toney" conversation from someone who's team played them twice this year.

1) Alcoa's line does make Toney a better back than what he would be with just an average OL, that is a fact, but that is true with any running back 2) his relatively small frame (170lbs?) is misleading. He is extremely strong. I've been told that he could go to college on a weight lifting scholarship for schools that offer that as a sport. He squats 600lbs.!!!! 3) he has such a smooth glide that he doesn't appear to be running hard, but believe me he is. He has a nose for the goal line and knows how to get there. He sets up his blockers very well and rarely fumbles the ball. He has good speed, excellent field vision and is a patient runner. IMHO it is a big mistake for any defense to underestimate him. His style doesn't lend itself to being that WOW back that everybody talks about, he is just one of those non-flashy players that quietly kill you.

If MILAN scores on ALCOA it will not be on their starters maybe against the the F3 and thats maybe.

We scored on your starters last year. You guys are a very good team, but Milan is not intimidated by you. Just like last year, you will be in a fight. I think Milan wins this one by 10.

Zero offensive points against Alcoa starters last year Z E R O :?:

Sorry, wrong answer, but thanks for playing. Do you honestly think with Milan in the red zone and a score making it a one score game, that coach Rankin is not going to have his starters in? You are crazy if you believe that. At no time were all of the starters for Alcoa off the field.

Alcoa's opponents coming into this game are 92-52 while Milan's opponents are 86-74. Alcoa's schedule will have them more than ready for this game. Definitely hard to say that Milan is Alcoa's toughest opponent.

I am sure that your info is correct. If it is that means Milan's opponents have played a combined 16 more games than Alcoa's opponents. How is that possible being as everyone plays 10 regular season games? It must mean that Milan either a)played more playoff teams, :?: Milan's opponents went farther in the playoffs, or c) all of the above. I believe c might actually be the answer.

Sorry, wrong answer, but thanks for playing. Do you honestly think with Milan in the red zone and a score making it a one score game, that coach Rankin is not going to have his starters in? You are crazy if you believe that. At no time were all of the starters for Alcoa off the field.

Well I remember that game and Williamson was very impressive, but I don't recall that there was ever any real concern on Alcoa's part ;) This is a different year, however I believe same results, but with a few surprises along the way. F5 sets another record with a 6th consecutive Gold Ball :?:

Well I remember that game and Williamson was very impressive, but I don't recall that there was ever any real concern on Alcoa's part :?:

It is easy to say that 1 year later, but it did not sound that way with about 4 and a half min. or so left in the game and we were in the red zone. It seems you and many Alcoa fans have turned last year's game into the typical fish story. It just keeps getting a little bit bigger. That's o.k. with us because all that matters is we got beat by you guys last year, and now we want a 2nd chance. We will see how this one turns out in about 4 days.

Im glad you saw last year's game get ready for the same ending only it won't be as close of a score this year.

Im glad you saw last year's game get ready for the same ending only it won't be as close of a score this year.

I did see last year's game. I was there. I don't believe it will be the same outcome this year. I think Milan wins by 10.

Your crazy if you think Toney is better than Cobb was. That is unreal.

From what I've seen and heard, Gilbert and Toney are very similar. They both have good O-Lines, with Alcoa's being better than Milan's.

Gilbert is very strong. He breaks tackles. He has a great stiff arm. BUT he also wouldn't be as good on another team.

Toney is a very good back. Everyone knows that. I just wanted to get an opinion on if he was a game changer, a beast, an absolute stud?? OR a good back behind a GREAT OLINE. I saw him play against Milan last year, I left the game not even remembering him. I just remembered Alcoa's offensive line.

Well I remember that game and Williamson was very impressive, but I don't recall that there was ever any real concern on Alcoa's part :shock: This is a different year, however I believe same results, but with a few surprises along the way. F5 sets another record with a 6th consecutive Gold Ball

If there was no concern then why did you have to run a trick play to score your first (I believe it was your first) touchdown. It was because you had tried to run up the middle but got stopped. It was a nice trick play that was successful, but trust me you would not have run it had you not been concerned.

Toney is a very good player with a very good o-line. Somebody used the word patient to describe him and I would say that is very accurate. He doesn't seem to outrun his blocks. The two packaged together with a very good fullback is a tough game to plan for. Hopefully Milan's O can keep Alcoa's D on the field for long periods of time. This will wear on all those boys that go both ways. The 3 and outs were a big problem for Milan last year. Once Milan started staying on the field on offense, Alcoa got tired and was not as effective when they got the ball.