Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

How big are Giles' wideouts?

I would like to see Greeneville's offense stretch the field with a more vertical passing game allowing them to dig a little deeper into their playbook; Ballard's spread offense has alot of wrinkles left to be shown.

Giles receivers are all under 6' most around the 5'7" to 5'10" range. They are very good despite the sizes.

If there is a way to beat Giles it is by stretching the field and passing the ball. No team has been very successful doing this against the Cats though. Cookeville is the only team that did it and they beat us.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WiseOldManGiles no one besides people in East Tennessee knows who Greeneville is. We hear the same thing every week form teams west of Knoxville that its going to be an easy win. Whites Creek coach said that they he didn't understand why they had to travel so far to play for a State title. I'll be at the Game Saturday and if you are Better than Maryville last year and Sullivan South the year before then you deserve the Title :thumb:

look man Greeneville got put out of the playoffs lastyear by maryville 33-6 they did nothin..They LOST!!!! What does Giles being better then maryville got to do with this game honestly?? Cause yall got a taste of gettin spanked by the rebels that mean Giles County isnt any good enough to beat Greeneville?? Get outta here man!!!

I think those mountain boys are trying a little game of intimidation....a VERY weak game at that.

I think that GC has too many matchups for Greeneville....and GC has some guy named Bo on their side.

You will get to meet him up close and personal...A LOT!!!!

We heard the same crap two weeks ago but instead of Bo it was Keon Williams from red bank. Greeneville's D shut him down so try again bulldog.

And Giles County got put out by David Lipscomb in the Quarter Finals who didn't even make it to the championship game! lol.....The point is Greeneville has played in Big games before and Giles County hasn't yet. We had a Running back playing QB in the Maryville game because our QB got kicked off the team and everyone in the stadium knew we couldn't throw the ball. If you would read my first post i said that the Junior and Senior Class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville 08 and Sullivan South 07, never once said that they beat them. You just make it sound like Greeneville hasn't seen a team as good as Giles County when they have 2 years in a row. :thumb:

Bulldog. Notice how G'ville has quietened down since this morning? Some food for thought as to the quiz.

1st and foremost. I told them Giles fans were off in the head. I'm pretty sure they are hoping the meds kick in for us so we'll start being coherent.

2nd. People "inside" have either seen tapes or talked to the coaches. They have a little understanding of Who Dat is.

Finally, they got themselves a match up with a blue collar TEAM that's sound. No toss the ball to the shadow. Keon thing) No stop 2 players and you've got the win. And I'm pretty sure they are starting to understand the "Bo" factor. :thumb:

And then it could be because its 12:16am in them mountains and they sleeping! :o

And Giles County got put out by David Lipscomb in the Quarter Finals who didn't even make it to the championship game! lol.....The point is Greeneville has played in Big games before and Giles County hasn't yet. We had a Running back playing QB in the Maryville game because our QB got kicked off the team and everyone in the stadium knew we couldn't throw the ball. If you would read my first post i said that the Junior and Senior Class has played against better teams than Giles County in Maryville 08 and Sullivan South 07, never once said that they beat them. You just make it sound like Greeneville hasn't seen a team as good as Giles County when they have 2 years in a row. :thumb:

And you make it seem like since you played maryville you are just goin to thrash us and youre wrong

I would like to see Greeneville's offense stretch the field with a more vertical passing game allowing them to dig a little deeper into their playbook; Ballard's spread offense has alot of wrinkles left to be shown.

Giles receivers are all under 6' most around the 5'7" to 5'10" range. They are very good despite the sizes.

If there is a way to beat Giles it is by stretching the field and passing the ball. No team has been very successful doing this against the Cats though. Cookeville is the only team that did it and they beat us.

and they were 6a btw and they beat us on a hailmary pass

and they were 6a btw and they beat us on a hailmary pass

And dare I say the defense looked lost at times, it looked like some of them didn't know where they should line up at.