1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

After we played the Pirates, I told Pirate Mike and Tom they would cakewalk thru this class. So far, I've been right. I don't see anything changing. South Pitt by at least 21. Wouldn't be surprised if this one gets out of hand real early. If Pirates are rolling, this will be a 35 point win!

Look forward to seeing you fellas at The Stable next year!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I guess Union City just needs to stay at home or stay up in the stands come Friday night. We have no chance, we are the underdog, we don't have the speed to match, we can't do this, we can't do that, South Pitt must be perfect!!.

Folks, I can trash talk with the best of them. Not going there right now.

I will say...just keep talkin. You may be good, you may be great, but one thing I will promise....Union City will move into Cookeville, take the field at 12 noon and play the game. Play you like no other team has except the two that have beaten you. You CAn Be Beat....you already have been. Remember!!!!!

If we can play like we did in the third round game....Union City can win....NO DOUBT!!

If we played like we did against Wayne County in the first half, S P wins, no question.

I have not seen South Pitt.....just like you folks on here has not seen Union City.

We have shut down speed.....slowed down a passing game and have a kicker who can kick from 50 to 55 yards ....yes that is right.

If we can play the game without more than one turnover........like we did against Huntingdon, we will beat South Pitt.

Our kids will be prepared....no, we don't have a contract with a sportwear company, Yes, our kids grew up in Union City and Obion County Tennessee and not some other state or town across the U S. Our kids are Union City/Obion County kids. We don't have to pay ours to play.

We all know in Union City how South Pitt operates. We are a 100% public school. City school.

So, we will bring lots of fans both from Union City, Obion County and many areas of Western tennessee to see us play.

Milan plays after Union City and I predict they to will bring fans to see our game as well as ours will stay to see theirs.

So...just like I told the wayne County fans last week....A Tornado Watch has been issued for the Cookeville area with a strong Tornado moving from UNion City towards Cookville around Thursday afternoon. A warning will be placed sometime Friday morning for the South Pitt team and fans.

Not going there on the trash talking but you will play a game Friday against Union city, 4 quarters and yes, you may not have been hit like we are going to hit you. Our kids knows this is the last game and will lay everything out on the field come Friday at 12 noon.

of course not... they have never been hit like ull are to hit them.. The seniors and juniors was the practice squad for a South Pittsburg team that went 15-0 but those 07 seniors and juniors I’m sure could not hit nowhere near is hard has ulls team blallalaahahh ;):lol::lol::lol: … I promise u will see wat hitting is all about on the first kickoff.. Contact some of those grace players that got turned flips if u don’t believe me.

S.P. fans you humor me with your talk of speed and loving to hit. SP is not a physical football team.

S.P. was manhandled by a physical team that ran the football and loved to hit in Polk Co. earlier this season. It sounds like UC and PC play a similar kind of ball. If you want to post some video, post some of the decleating hits Polk laid on you guys.

S.P. is a very good team, but they're not near as good as you fans think they are.

UC is not polk county...UC will not come close to playing like polk county... even if they do they sure aint as big and aggresive as polk. but you know what it dont matter since coach wilson knows how to stop that offense now. didnt they have umm around 30 yards the 2nd half? we put up 28 points on them in a blink of their eyes? yea i thought we did UC sorry but fruday you will be coming off your high horse and will respect the pirates. i got a feeling they want this game more than last weeks so uc sorry ;)

I'm loving all these huge scores that the South Pitt. fans are coming up with. I wonder if they realize how much time they will actually have to score. The veer offense eats up most of the game clock. I know.. I've played against it unsuccessfully (against Coach Bowling) because our offense never got on the field. So as long as UC's offense is in shape, I don't see any way for SP to score that often.

Old Pirate has stood all he's can stand and OP can't stands no more. UC is a good football team else theys wouldn't be a playing. They play that what folkes say is a grind it out run attack with a good solid defense. Fellers that jest may be the formula for winning............? SP will bring a team that is battle tested and has team speed like most folkes can only dream about. You thinks OP is joking............OP is not! A thinking back a few weeks them Tenn coaches were a thinking they could semi-late that McCluster youngon's speed........wrong. That is a disadvantage for UC and advantage for SP. Now can SP semi-late the running game that UC possesses......NO. That is disadvantage for SP and advanatage for UC. OP says there are other key elements that will come to play in this here feud. Those elements are.........special team speed and skill people, and the passing game that will have to be honored or else UC will git toasted with the pass. The folkes from UC may be a thinking.....the Pirates aren't physical, theys ain't been hit, theys jest a bunch of country bumpkins their fans brag about after hitting the juice. OP will jest say..........keeps a believing that, cause seeing is believing and yous ain't seen it yet.

Now does that cage rattling mean anything............, most likely nothing cept.....yous been warned!

OP has heard coach Vic has them youngons a thinking theys can beat the Fla Gators. WARNING.......Look for some folkes to git ear holed the 1st time SP kicks off. As OP sees it that will be at least 5 times so have some folkes handy to help the wounded off the field. The Pirates have been ear holed by some of the best this year....them selves. Yous thinking OP is joking.....OP is not.

OP has posted all along the Pirates should score 4 Tds on most anyone. and figuring 1 more for good measure means UC will need to score 30 points to have a good chance at the "W". Can theys.............

OP don't rightly know, but us folkes will see FryDay at 12 noon when the ear holing starts. #27 for UC will be the work horse and will most likely git hammered all day.

Old Pirate says every game provides offensive possessions that maybe 8-10 each game. UC will attempt to run the clock and keep the Pirates Speedway Crew on the sidelines. Key to the "W" for the Pirates is 1. start fast and keep the pressure on UC to keep pace, 2. Protect the ball, No turnovers, 3. Avoid misques that come from lack of focus. 4. Defensively git 3 stops.

Union City will win 71to 2. Jorge will kick an 80 yard field goal. Drake Parker will have 1.5 rushing yards with 6 touchdowns. Joseph Shanks will catch a 79 yard pass and fall down on the 1 yard line ruining all chances of him getting a touchdown this year.

Do you have mental problems? I promise there's people that can help you put down the pipe....promise ;)