Class AAA Mr. Football Winners

GCPioneer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Today’s celebration recognizes more that the ability of these young men to play our great game of football,” said Titans Owner K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr. “The young men were here because of their outstanding character and academic achievements, traits which will pave their way through life, long after their football days has passed. (Spoken at the Mr. Football Awards Ceremony)

IMHO, this statement lost some of its validity today when the award winners were announced. Sorry if that offends anyone. :roflol:

“Today’s celebration recognizes more that the ability of these young men to play our great game of football,” said Titans Owner K.S. “Bud” Adams, Jr. “The young men were here because of their outstanding character and academic achievements, traits which will pave their way through life, long after their football days has passed. (Spoken at the Mr. Football Awards Ceremony)

IMHO, this statement lost some of its validity today when the award winners were announced. Sorry if that offends anyone. :roflol:

Doesn't offend me Govdude. We are on the same page. Character seems to have become a moving target. Maybe more of a sliding scale. The more talent perceived, the less actual character that needs to be evidenced on and off the field.

IMHO, this statement lost some of its validity today when the award winners were announced. Sorry if that offends anyone. ;)

I guess I missed something. What was the issue you had Govman? I really enjoy your opinions on athletics so please clue me in.

Also, now that they have gone to this AAA system are the smaller divisions inside the AAA, AA, and A gong to get shafted. I see that it could be impossible for a 5A-AAA player to beat out a 6A-AAA player if they have the same resume and could even play the same opponents in this crazy system. Look at the winners only one smaller Division team had a winner, and that was South Pittsburg inn 1A-A.

You telling me the Toney kid from Alcoa who set 3 or so state records isn't Mr. Football.

Congrats to all the Mr Football winners! I know there's always going to be other players out there who are very deserving of recognition for their efforts. Anthony Hayes is deserving of this award, and has had some challenges to overcome to get here. Plus the fact he has gone from 3 year tight end to 1st year QB and accomplished what he has is no small feat!

The rest of the players that have done well in their own regard will certainly get recognition from family, freinds, coaches, local press etc.....We have several at WS that fall into this category as well.

Congratulations to all of the Mr. Football award winners. I was hoping Darion Stone would win the AAA back award, but the young man from White Station had some very impressive stats. The most impressive is that his team is playing for the 6A State title Saturday so that really helped is cause. What shocked me the most was that neither of the 2 Alcoa players won in AA. The running back broke the State record for TD's in a season, and their team is unbeaten on the year! Shocker if you ask me. But thats life I guess, full of surprises.

IMHO, this statement lost some of its validity today when the award winners were announced. Sorry if that offends anyone. :D

This is almost a joke, the award goes to a kid who didn't even play the last playoff game of his career because he was sucker punched a teammate, and the same kid got it last year the week after Tim McAdoo whipped him all over the field. Anyone who was there would agree he was not a factor. In my opinion he got 2 and deserved 0. That's sad.