McKenzie Rebels.....Outlook for 2010 Season?

rebelsnook

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the Rebels at Union City today here are my thoughts and opinions

It was hot

Union City looked their usual seasoned selves very good running game and really clogged the middle up on defense.

The Rebel offense looked to be work in progress the running game at times looked good O line getting a pretty good push, but the Rebel running backs need to hold onto the ball. Max has fallen into his roll as QB with style and his usual athleticism. Max rolled out and moved away from pressure made very good decision with the ball. Max threw the ball very well tonight and his receivers took care of the ball. Ritchie Rob T and Kirby and the rest of the receivers played great tonight. The ball was thrown on target and caught for big gains.

The Rebel Defense impressed me tonight they as a squad have great speed and for the most part played very well tonight. The Rebel defense is deep allowing rest for some of the boys that start on O and on D. The DT along with LB plugged holes up front. The DB nearly took the passing game away from the tornadoes.

Rebels won the match against a very good UC team. Overall teams seem to be shaping into what we have come to expect from a McKenzie football.

Edited by chipintn

Watched the Rebels at Union City today here are my thoughts and opinions

It was hot

Union City looked their usual seasoned selves very good running game and really clogged the middle up on defense.

The Rebel offense looked to be work in progress the running game at times looked good O line getting a pretty good push, but the Rebel running backs need to hold onto the ball. Max has fallen into his roll as QB with style and his usual athleticism. Max rolled out and moved away from pressure made very good decision with the ball. Max threw the ball very well tonight and his receivers took care of the ball. Ritchie Rob T and Kirby and the rest of the receivers played great tonight. The ball was thrown on target and caught for big gains.

The Rebel Defense impressed me tonight they as a squad have great speed and for the most part played very well tonight. The Rebel defense is deep allowing rest for some of the boys that start on O and on D. The DT along with LB plugged holes up front. The DB nearly took the passing game away from the tornadoes.

Rebels won the match against a very good UC team. Overall teams seem to be shaping into what we have come to expect from a McKenzie football.

Got any idea what the score might have been ??

Comer's defenses play the Bowling Veer/Mid-line Option as well as anyone...He had pretty good success against Bowling even when Bowling was at Obion Central...And..Not defending the pass very well is nothing new for Union City....How are they going to be able to defend the pass when you have an offense that attempts 15 passes all year long ??

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

4-3 McKenzie and could have been 6-3 if not for 2 fumbles within red zone.

Well Now Let's Remember It's Hotter Than You Know What Out There As Well. I'm For Taking the Win And Leaving, We Know How Tuff Union City Is Later In The Season. Thank God Nobody Fell Out From Heat Yesterday.

I Think I Was The Biggest Loser. It Was Hot Even In My Dodge!

Trust me I was there from beginning to end score was 4-2 during the varsity play I think UC scored with there JV. Even our local net sites have it wrong.

Unless I missed McK score a touchdown when I left for about 10 minutes, I recalled McKenzie scoring 2 TDs on the Practice field and 1 TD on the game field, with the overall score being 3-3.