Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Now why would we want to dirty up our uniforms for this? 12 minutes of nothing :roll: Your right Comp we would rather not be there. We would rather be productive and be practicing. We can look good all the way around on Friday night :lol:

The only team that impressed me was the Hill so, on my poll Boone slides down one.

Well, Friday nites are a different party that's for sure. I will be there Thursday for the Tribal. I already made my prediction. I want to see if Farragut has the grit to shut down this backfield.

After trying to read this for about 15 minuets… I think I figured out what you were saying. I’ll just say this in response… THS has to be the smallest (in number of students). If they aren’t the smallest… they have to be next to the smallest. And just in case you forgot or don’t know… they spanked EVERYONE in the conference at least one good time last year! If there is a school in this area that would be considered to be “picking on the little schools†it would have to be DB… but I have to say it’s not really their fault!! Now go do your homework.

Let us all remember this post frame it, take a picture, etc. Because this year CAP1 TN High acuatlly has

60 players in their varsity picture and DB has 63. Last year was not that far off. So your theory of DB being so BIG and BAD won't work nor will it ever as you take your loss again as usual. Wake up, remember 2009 was the worst year in 25 years for DB and one of TN high's best. TN High is going down and you can blame it on those 3 extra players DB has don't worry.

From what is said about the jamboree, it looks like exactly what happened last year. Can't really complain because anyone that has stuck around here will know what will happen.

DB - Clark has stated he would rather have a good practice than go to the jamboree

South - Looks to impress at every jamboree

TN High - Close to the chest

Boone - Close to the chest

Crockett - Close to the chest

Volunteer - playing their best

Central - playing their best

SH - NOW looking to impress with the new coaching staff

Not too much analysis can go into the jamboree. An excellent one would be TN High vs South from last year. 21-0 in a quarter going to South. Boone and Crockett played the same except Boone scored quick and was ready to score again, last year they just scored as time was ready to let out. DB was a little sluggish, but most of the starters were OUT after the first series.... and mind you that was last year. This year, looks like the youngins played a lot better. But nothing new from people who have gone to this before.

Nothing new, everything is fine. Let the talk happen 3 weeks from now when we all get into our first conference game.

Also.....expect Science Hill to host the jamboree next year... I am calling it now.

Edited by formerblazer

Let us all remember this post frame it, take a picture, etc. Because this year CAP1 TN High acuatlly has

60 players in their varsity picture and DB has 63. Last year was not that far off. So your theory of DB being so BIG and BAD won't work nor will it ever as you take your loss again as usual. Wake up, remember 2009 was the worst year in 25 years for DB and one of TN high's best. TN High is going down and you can blame it on those 3 extra players DB has don't worry.

The Vikings only had about 47 players last year, but that was an unusual year. Usually, they have somewhere between 55-60 players. They had a lot of experience returning from 2008. If you have 20 - 30 really good players sometimes it doesn't matter whether there is 50 or 100 on the roster, but I would prefer a 100 person roster for added depth. The best team the Vikings ever had had only about 34 players and they trounced a team that had double that amount to win state.

I didn't go to the jamboree, but I did see the Indians in a scrimmage and they'll be tough for NET teams to deal with. Cannon and Swafford have the speed, Sensabaugh has the power, and if you key on those guys too often Seabolt will take one in for a touchdown. Steele also has great speed and if he can get the ball he will be a threat to score often. They should cruise until a team shuts down their running game and then it will depend on how balanced they are.

I believe Farragut will probably be the only team that can match the Tribe in the regular season. It will be great game, but I predict DB to come out on top. I also predict that if Science Hill defeats DB, it will be in the playoffs as opposed to the regular season.

Edited by THSVikings2004

well you cant tell alot from a jamboree... but ole kenny hawkins had the highlights on channel 11 and that receiver from science hill looks like trouble for the rest of the big 8... i know it was vs. the cougars but still. up next on the agenda... week 0, i'll be there will you? I hope to catch the clash between DB and Farragut and then the emotional rollercoaster that will be in Death Valley. Good luck to all teams, except when you play South. Good health to all whomever the opponent. (don't know if thats the correct usage of "whomever" but whatever the season is here i'm all jacked up!) Through all the trash talk and garbage on here sometimes, lets all not lose sight of whats important here. The health and well being of these young men is #1. Good luck to all Rebels, Indians, Hilltoppers, Vikings, Blazers, Pioneers, Falcons, and Cougars. Stay classy tri cities! :thumb:

yawn.... Did you say something?

ARE YOU FOR REAL??? :x

Why do you ask? seemed like a rather boring and uneventful post to me. I know what I should of done was orginize a coachT get together after the Jamboree. We could all hold hands and sing to each other about how wonderful our programs are. Looks like you have the coach to get it done but I'm not sure the fans at the Hill are going to have the guts to do what needs to be done. That's why I have chosen to be your champion this year. Don't worry you are in good hands.

You don’t get it do you??? Let me try and draw a picture for you since you obviously can’t read between the lines. Ok…….. You have two fishermen… right. The one from THS has to fishing from the banks of Steels Creek with his tackle box and pole, while the fisherman from DB backs his bass boat into Patrick Henry Reservoir at Warriors State Park. Now… they both bring home 10 fish, but if you had to put your money on the one who brought in the best catch of the day…. and you had to do it sight unseen… which one would it be. So the point is… with almost (and maybe over by now) twice as many students to choose form, chances are DB would be able to land more of the “Big Ones†on their boat than THS. Now Bud… frame this… and put it next to your computer, so you don’t come on here soundin special the next time this subject comes up.

Why do you ask? seemed like a rather boring and uneventful post to me. I know what I should of done was orginize a coachT get together after the Jamboree. We could all hold hands and sing to each other about how wonderful our programs are. Looks like you have the coach to get it done but I'm not sure the fans at the Hill are going to have the guts to do what needs to be done. That's why I have chosen to be your champion this year. Don't worry you are in good hands.

Okay . . . I feel better now <_<

TriCitiesSports.com

Coaches Tab Dobyns-Bennett as Big 8 Favorite

1. Dobyns-Bennett [7]

2. Daniel Boone [1]

3. Tennessee High

4. Sullivan South

5. Science Hill

6. Sullivan Central

7. David Crockett

8. Volunteer

I don't agree with "all" this, but I'm okay with it. That's why we play the game. :D

You don’t get it do you??? Let me try and draw a picture for you since you obviously can’t read between the lines. Ok…….. You have two fishermen… right. The one from THS has to fishing from the banks of Steels Creek with his tackle box and pole, while the fisherman from DB backs his bass boat into Patrick Henry Reservoir at Warriors State Park. Now… they both bring home 10 fish, but if you had to put your money on the one who brought in the best catch of the day…. and you had to do it sight unseen… which one would it be. So the point is… with almost (and maybe over by now) twice as many students to choose form, chances are DB would be able to land more of the “Big Ones†on their boat than THS. Now Bud… frame this… and put it next to your computer, so you don’t come on here soundin special the next time this subject comes up.

:roflol: