Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

I wasn't at the game last night so will not pretend to know what happened, yet. But, every kid in that cheering section is a good kid and some of them are great kids. Not a thug in the crowd. Sometimes they do get a little carried away, and try to outdo their efforts of the past, but I am glad to have them and I think most schools would be.

Most of you would do anything to have the crowd below happen in your gym just once:

.jpg

Would you like the UT home crowd to be your home crowd or would you prefer Duke's?

As far as crowds nowadays, I remember two bench-clearing brawls in my college days, against MTSU and ETSU (where the crowd came out onto the field), and all was forgotten and we lined back up and finished the game. Not proud of it but it happens and the kids these days are no worse than kids back then. However, lets keep it from happening again whenever possible.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and this is what i saw: lchs girls win= 1

lchs boys win= 1

schs boys 3 technicals= 1

schs coach and players win push and punch awards= 1

schs all american punches student= 1

I guess you could say we (lchs) came out of the night with 2 victories and a lot more class than schs.

schs boys team acts just like their coach. big loud mouth no class baby who picks on little girls. way to go coach you win the all american classless award.

I wasn't at the game.I have no idea who started What.I'm sure the truth lies somewhere between the different accounts and that there is plenty of blame for both schools.I will offer this observation,Loretto and Summertown allegedly won't play LCHS because of the behavior of the LCHS Student section.There was an incident earlier this season at Wayne Co.with LCHS (once again involving the student section) and now another apparently much more serious incident involving (once again the LCHS student section).There seems to be some sort of lack of institutional control(borrowing a phrase from the NCAA) Regardless of who was at fault last night It's eventually going to penalize the ones who least deserve it,the LCHS players and coaches.It's possible to back your team without coming across in a negative matter and be respectful to your opponents . I'm sure this will be handled by both schools and the TSSAA.

Hawse,

you always have to bring up loretto/summertown. please stop the crybaby crap. they don't want to play lchs because of they don't want their but beat. loretto girls coach was mad because we ran the score up last year. thats what happens in rivialry games. you picked the wrong board to talk about that crap. besides last nights games were between 2 big time schools were emotions run high because of the importance of the game. please keep your thoughts about loretto/summertown of this board!!!

I wasn't at the game last night so will not pretend to know what happened, yet. But, every kid in that cheering section is a good kid and some of them are great kids. Not a thug in the crowd. Sometimes they do get a little carried away, and try to outdo their efforts of the past, but I am glad to have them and I think most schools would be.

Most of you would do anything to have the crowd below happen in your gym just once:

.jpg

Would you like the UT home crowd to be your home crowd or would you prefer Duke's?

As far as crowds nowadays, I remember two bench-clearing brawls in my college days, against MTSU and ETSU (where the crowd came out onto the field), and all was forgotten and we lined back up and finished the game. Not proud of it but it happens and the kids these days are no worse than kids back then. However, lets keep it from happening again whenever possible.

You are right a lot of schools and players would love to have this type of support.

After watching the game, I'm pretty sure we can blame most of the nights drama on the coach for Shelbyville. The downward spiral started with his technical followed by a couple of technicals for SCHS's players. Clearly it was a hard fought game. Players were frustrated and in the end mad and looking for someone to blame. Just a little common sense and good judgement on behalf of SCHS coach and we could have avoided the whole thing. You lead by example.....I'm jus sayin! Fans will be fans, that is part of the game. Both student sections did their fair share.

.jpg

You are right a lot of schools and players would love to have this type of support.

Coach T to the rescue. In my opinion, maybe because i am a part of the student section, LCHS Wildcat's have the best most dedicated highschool student section in the state. I've been to numerous away game's, not all the time but most of the time our Student section is close to or just as big as the Home teams. That's dedication only true sports fans can show.

Go Cats!

There is no doubt what a great advantage it is to have a large fan base, just look at what happened this year with GCHS football, both of these schools know the end of that story. Not sure either of these teams will be in the state championship game, but what I do know is that when the whole community gets behind the school good things will happen. Kids will be kids and push the envelope on rules, thats what makes them kids. Keep it clean and loud and good things will happen. Look foward to when they come to GCHS gym, maybe then we will have a crowd.

May be digging up old bones but didn't a SCHS player sucker punch a LCHS player and get suspended for two games last year. Looks like this was not the first time SCHS would rather fight than play the game!!

Not totally sure but since the sucker punch from this game was after the game, I think it will be up to the coach or school on punishment if any.