Alcoa 64 Middlesboro 0?

OmahaVol

Yes , very Mature of you to call High School kids "Chumps".... very Mature of you also to decide you're the one who needs to tell Alcoa who they should play from now on . When you're talking to anyone from Maryville or Alcoa , you're probably talking to someone who has actually been on a State Championship team , seeing as how there's 22 between the 2 schools .... I just don't know how we could decide to do anything in Football without all of the Unsolicited help we always receive from people like yourself .

Hey, I came close at Oak Ridge when I played there. Of course, they won it all the next year....AFTER I moved out of state. That figures! You're right, calling high school teams "chumps" was out of line. I apologize for that if I offended any parents out there. That was not my intention. As I've stated before I have the utmost respect for Alcoa and Maryville and their traditions. All I'm trying to do is hype them up nationally and get TN some much deserved respect. If you're really that bent on trying to make me look bad then have at it. It's not going to change my opinion about OOS match-ups. I've watched a lot of film and seen a lot of high school games from all over the country and am pretty good at team analysis. Alcoa has been exceptional the last few years and I just want the rest of the nation to see that. It's hard to do that when you guys play a small 2A KY team and demolish them 64-0. I just wish they would play more top notch teams. I wish Maryville would've during their run, as well.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1989.....the undefeated and nationally ranked Alcoa team would have "mopped the floor" with Oak Ridge! :thumb:

Pepvol, red rebels, mhs82......thanks for the support......I know you Guys have heard a lot of this discussion before. :roll:

no disrespect bcfan, but i have to disagree with you on this comment, NO team in tennessee would have mopped the floor with oak ridge back then, them were some very very tough teams...

I guarantee you if MBA,MUS,Brentwood Academy,Oakland or Ensworth wanted a game with Alcoa they could get it.

All of those programs have played OOS opponents, had nine-game schedules, and/or had an OOS opponent bail on them in the last few years, so I would venture to say they would ask if needed. As you know, these programs (with Ensworth less of an argument, but that is changing) can't get games for the same reasons Alcoa can't.

On the subject of TN programs that can't get games in-state...if any program is the poster child of programs needing games, it would be Brentwood Academy. This season will mark the 28th season in a row they have played an out-of-state team. Included in that streak is a trip to Alaska (1998). I think it's safe to say the school would have preferred to stay closer to home, anywhere on the mainland.

All of those programs have played OOS opponents, had nine-game schedules, and/or had an OOS opponent bail on them in the last few years, so I would venture to say they would ask if needed. As you know, these programs (with Ensworth less of an argument, but that is changing) can't get games for the same reasons Alcoa can't.

On the subject of TN programs that can't get games in-state...if any program is the poster child of programs needing games, it would be Brentwood Academy. This season will mark the 28th season in a row they have played an out-of-state team. Included in that streak is a trip to Alaska (1998). I think it's safe to say the school would have preferred to stay closer to home, anywhere on the mainland.

How about a home and away game with MBA next year! :thumb:

The Championship teams from Georgia would murder Alcoa. Sorry, but high school football is a different animal down there.

OMG! Another loss in the Alcoa mythical game schedule. Thus far Alcoa is 0-100 over the last two seasons in these games. :rolleyes:

Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz let this crap go. We are already recognized nationally. We have been rated in the Rivals Top 100 for the last few years. At present, we are the ONLY Tennessee team rated in the TOP 100 in TN. The Alcoa game vs Maryville was the number 10 game to watch in the south on the ESPN website. What else do you want? Why don't you mythical game wizards go some where else to play. We are tired of your unicorns.

OMG! Another loss in the Alcoa mythical game schedule. Thus far Alcoa is 0-100 over the last two seasons in these games. :rolleyes:

Jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzz let this crap go. We are already recognized nationally. We have been rated in the Rivals Top 100 for the last few years. At present, we are the ONLY Tennessee team rated in the TOP 100 in TN. The Alcoa game vs Maryville was the number 10 game to watch in the south on the ESPN website. What else do you want? Why don't you mythical game wizards go some where else to play. We are tired of your unicorns.

:roflol: