Alcoa at Maryville - Take 2

Solomon

Incredible Game! I am flat worn out from watching! A got blisters texting my daughter with updates of the game! Best game I've seen at the Black Hole. Congrats to all the players on both sides for a heavyweight fifteen rounder to the final bell.

Maybe some of you seasoned veterans can tell if that's the best Alcoa/Maryville game you've seen?

I still have a hard time ranking any Rebels game above the triple overtime game against Central a few years back.

Hambrick is unbelievable! Hambrick in open space = Touchdown

Congrats to the Rebels for putting 31 on the Alcoa D. Alcoa may not give up 31 points total the rest of the season. Especially the first string.

Hats off to Zach Sharp, he put it in the endzone with the wind and against the wind.

Defensive play of the game: When Tornado #81 put the stop on Langley, if he hadn't made that stop Maryville may have scored or at least got long yardage for a firstdown. Great play! (I am afraid he's just a sophmore)

Heads up Rebels, great game! You never gave up! Now, just fourteen more to go!

Its by far in the top 5 best Alcoa games Ive seen. I rank it as #2 in the Alcoa-Maryville games Ive seen right behind their 14-7 clash 10 years ago

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game and congratulations to all players on both sides of the ball. This will be a game they won't ever forget. There were no losers in this game - congratulations to both Maryville and Alcoa for once again showing us the best football played in the state.

This is one of the best high school games I have seen in 20 years.

Great game and congratulations to all players on both sides of the ball. This will be a game they won't ever forget. There were no losers in this game - congratulations to both Maryville and Alcoa for once again showing us the best football played in the state.

Good to see you mom, was wondering where you where... :thumb:

Ask any of the Alcoa team who won. Or even Coach Rankin will tell you. I was at the game myself. It was a battle of two great football teams. Until last year, all I heard was Alcoa is great but will NEVER beat Maryville cause they don't BELIEVE they can. Well that is not the case now. I wasn't for either team. Just went to see a great highschool football game. I got my money's worth and more. Great atmoshere not enough seats (but I guess there was about 5000 people there.) This game was not won by luck or by officials or even by a great call by the coaches. It was won by skill and tallent mostly. Maryville has a great team. They also MAY not lose another game. BUT from the warmups before the game to the end Alcoa appeared to have the superior athletes on the field. Number 2 for them is a beast. He will knock your head off on either side of the ball. Maryville has some good athletes as well, as they should for the size of the school and the tradition. BUT DONT say "there were no losers in this game" I watched the game...and when the clock ran out Maryville LOST. Give those ALCOA boys credit. They did what they did last year. As a 3A power..they BEAT the mighty Red Rebels. SO MARYVILE LOST and Alcoa WON. Aloca LOST for several years prior. Give these young men the right to be the WINNERS of this ballgame!Until next year then the battle continues. I myself will be there again :thumb: Edited by lovehsfootball

Hey eye wuz rong....Eye thought Alcouh wood winn bye 3-4 td's....knott 3-4 pts.....Hit wuz all abowt tha Jimmy's and Joe's (and tha Taharins and Darrells and Dereks and Austins etc)...This Mairvul seen-your class iz tallentid in a few areas...Butt vurry thin as fer as lineman goes.....Onlee one seen-your starts on either line ov scrimmige fer Mairvul....Maybee we'll git a little bettur.... :unsure:

It was a great game. I can't complain about the game. Maryville gave everything they had. Alcoa is just way too athletic. Alcoa will not come close to losing a game. Patton Robinette got better as the game went on. Dez Horne is a stud.

I think Maryville has a chance to have a great season. They won't see a team close to being as good as Alcoa. Alcoa is just freaking loaded.

Vanderbilt Hamrick Is the best football name since O-tis Webb!

APB thay's ben lots ov good footbawl names in Mairvul/Alcouh and Blunt Countee....Let's sea how minny we can come up wif...Hear's a few two git us startid...

George "Dutchy" Parker - Alcouh

Adrian "Tank" Baker - Mairvul

Willie "Beaver" Lundy - Alcouh

????? "Toki" McCray - Mairvul

Takayuki "Taka" Koyano - Mairvul

Dustin "Duck" Lindsey - Alcouh

Allen "Blondie" Law - Mairvul

Avron "Super" Cosby - Ev-Vert

Landon "Cowboy" Hall - Mairvul

Larry "Boy Dog" Robinson - Frandsvul

Mike "Fry" Phillips - Mairvul

Edited by STARSNBARS