Alcoa Zoning Restrictions

matt_8777

Yawn, is it this time of year again.

I'm not sure Alcoa does keep a certain record of tuition athletes that start. What I can say is the playmakers and collegiate guys to my knowledge have came from inside alcoa. Many of the kids play together from middle school and before.

A lot of the success starts with feeder programs.

I find it funny that a school the size of Alcoa is thought to just be busting with tallent from surronding areas.

Yawn, is it this time of year again.

I'm not sure Alcoa does keep a certain record of tuition athletes that start. What I can say is the playmakers and collegiate guys to my knowledge have came from inside alcoa. Many of the kids play together from middle school and before.

A lot of the success starts with feeder programs.

I find it funny that a school the size of Alcoa is thought to just be busting with tallent from surronding areas.

This whole Open zone/recruiting thing started in the Albert Davis era :roflol:

Add amultiplierof 1.8 and Alcoa is still 3A. I tired of the crying.

I'm with you Mr. Abbott lets just add the multiplier but only if you've won the state title 5 of the last 10 years or so and then bump up 1 more classification just so everyone else will be okay with it. That would put Alcoa in 4a and Maryville in ...... well they would still be in 6a and both of them would still win about 90% of games played in the next classification period.

Photoman! Still peeved after Fulton getting beat like a rented mule I see. Time heals bro. You must have two solid things before you will be taken as a tution student at Alcoa:

1. Proven academic performance. TCAPS, transcripts and other documents are a must. If you think this is a farce, check out the state's scores for Alcoa. Just barely under Maryville. If Alcoa took anyone as you say, then these scores would never be possible. Proof is in the pudding!

2. Clean disclipinary record. Trouble makers do not make into Alcoa. Any trouble with your child while at the school is a quick dismissal from the school and associated team. Don't forget that Coach Rankin dismissed an All-State receiver a few years ago.

There have been quite a few kids try to transfer to Alcoa that were good athletes, but did not meet items 1 and 2 above. So, no, not any kid can get into Alcoa. The Tornado part only comes after hard work in the class room, determination and success in the weight room, and performance on the football field.

Bottomline, with the Federal Government's standards on education today, Alcoa cannot afford to take tution students that do not promise to add value to the school system. I know these facts to be true as I am a tution parent.

I'm not upset... When's the last time you saw me make a jab in your direction. I think Alcoa's built a fine program. Just stating the facts. If you meet Alcoa's criteria and are selected as an asset to the school... you pay the tuition and play football. When you've got as many kids wanting to transfer into the program as you do... you've got a great luxury of selecting good quality kids who have the work ethic it takes to build championship programs with championship talent and character. I didn't start the topic...just answered the question. You've got a classy program surrounded by incredible kids on and off the field. I'm a supporter of hard work and a clean program with a winning tradition.

Go Falcons!

I just heard Alcoa is talking to Bruce Pearl about taking over their recruiting program. :roflol:

These thread do tend to get old. I'm sure many of Alcoa's OOZ players have been attending Alcoa since Elementary School and before ever straping on a helmet enrolled in Alcoa. Alcoa, like Maryville has a lot of draw for academics as well as sports. Sure, their football success has increased their appeal to county kids.

Bottom line...At $500, Alcoa is a great deal for many families.