Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

Who wins?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Cats or Rebels?

• Oak Ridge
    • Maryville

Really looking forward to this .... I've never even been to Blankenship field before and I've always admired the Oak Ridge Wildcat's Football program from afar . I expect Oak Ridge to give it their very best shot , and I expect a very competitive game . If Maryville is thinking this game will be a Pushover we're liable to get beat . Maryville is used to always getting the best effort from their opponent , and I expect Quarles and crew to have Maryville prepared for a real Dog Fight !

Is their plenty of seating on the Visitors side ?

Had to go with my heart on this one...wildcats win at the Ship. Can't wait to get back there Friday night since we've been on the road for the better part of the season. Plenty of parking near the field and the visitors side has lots of space. If you're eating at Big Ed's, get there plenty early. It gets full pretty quick around dinner time, even when there's not a ballgame. Hoping for a good match up.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellers we's purty yung two....Got a lot ov soffs and one frashman runnin back playin.....Eye'm hopin eye can git ovur thair Fridee nite......Butt me and mommaSTARS wuz hopin we could kick Nellie Belle inn ta newtrull and pick up enuff speed comin' off ov tha Pelladega...eye mean Pellysippy Speedway thair around tha Solway Hill two coast on inn two Blankenship Feeled Fridee nite....Then momma wuz watchin tha news last nite and got worried she was gonna haiv two push agin....Can ewe fellers give me a few drivin/coastin/pushin tips fer thiz Fridee???.... :unsure:

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/103478584.html

Better take her in from the Edgemoor side not Pellissippi, otherwise you will have to drive by a KFC Buffet and we all know what happens next.....

Would like to go with my heart, but I don't believe this will be as competitive as last year. Maryville was young last year as OR is young this year, but the major difference IMO is that OR is in a major rebuilding period. Hopefully I'm wrong and this will be a competitive game, but if not, I hope that over the next season or two OR gets back to where this match up can consistently live up to the years of anticipation it got.

Dragon, you are right about that. We will also have to take care of the football. Maryville is the best at capitalizing on your mistakes and They always make you pay. We will really have to take care of the ball and try to have some sustained drives to keep Maryville offense off the field. If we can do that and get some points out of special teams and/or defense we can be in the game. If not, it will be a long night. It will be a great atmosphere. These are two class programs with great kids and fans. I can't wait.

Maryville fans that want to eat at Big Ed's. I will tell you this. I went up there at 5:30 for the Powell game to give a friend some tickets. It was jam packed at 5:30 with a long line out the door. So, you should really get there as early as you possibly can.

Also, on the press box side at the top of the hill. There is a tailgate area with food available, barbecue, burgers and the like, fair priced, lots of tables and good people. Visiting fans are always welcome. Lots of parking up there too if you get there early. Just go up Kentucky Avenue and you will see the press box on your right.