Maryville vs Bearden

MHS82

I applaud Mark Packer for what he is attempting to do with Thursday night football, but the product is just not great. Mark does a decent job of commentary, but the other on-air personalities are atrocious.

And the camera work is so often lacking.

And you might do a little fact-checking to make your commentary more interesting. Case in point: Zach Sharp entered tonight's game having just broken the Tennessee high school state record for consecutive extra points. That in and of itself should have been mentioned. But even more compelling was when Zach actually missed one late in the game as a result of a bad snap/ hold. Not only did they miss one of the great story-lines of the game ... they never even acknowledged he had missed the xp. I believe they were so busy talking about something insignificant that they just missed it. Incredible.

By the way ... for what it's worth, someone might want to check my yesterday's post about my predictions for Young. I was pretty dang close I think. :mrgreen:

Maryville is a machine.

I applaud Mark Packer for what he is attempting to do with Thursday night football, but the product is just not great. Mark does a decent job of commentary, but the other on-air personalities are atrocious.

And the camera work is so often lacking.

And you might do a little fact-checking to make your commentary more interesting. Case in point: Zach Sharp entered tonight's game having just broken the Tennessee high school state record for consecutive extra points. That in and of itself should have been mentioned. But even more compelling was when Zach actually missed one late in the game as a result of a bad snap/ hold. Not only did they miss one of the great story-lines of the game ... they never even acknowledged he had missed the xp. I believe they were so busy talking about something insignificant that they just missed it. Incredible.

By the way ... for what it's worth, someone might want to check my yesterday's post about my predictions for Young. I was pretty dang close I think. :mrgreen:

Maryville is a machine.

Dang GM thats about dead on!! I agree with everything you said except I would throw packer in with the other group, although I've come to realize as I've gotten older that East Tennessee would be an awfully tough place to call a football game because most of the viewers grew up listening to John Ward and he was just so good and exciting that everyone else comes across as bland and boring.

Good game to the Maryville. Nice win and you did it with class. GQ and his staff are "Top Notch" in my book.

Is it just me or is our (Bearden) offense "Vanilla" and predectiable. Did anyone pick up on the 4th and 17 in the 4th qtr? Coach Tanner (Bearden DC) and his secondary in BUMP coverage. I'm sorry, I had to make myself laugh to keep from dropping numerous "F" bombs.

Good win for the Rebels! Too bad the game was marred with some sloppy play from both teams and a horrible officiating crew. I felt they were way too noticeable during the game. If indeed the whistle on the field goal was from the stands, that is very poor sportmanship and hopefully someone was kicked out.

Devrin Young does make you hold your breath everytime he touches the ball. I believe we did a good job of corraling a very good back tonight. Congratulations to Shawn Prevo (freshman) for 4 TDs on the night. I can't wait to see how he develops in the next 3 1/2 years.

Anybody know Young's stats for the game?

Good win for the Rebels! Too bad the game was marred with some sloppy play from both teams and a horrible officiating crew. I felt they were way too noticeable during the game. If indeed the whistle on the field goal was from the stands, that is very poor sportmanship and hopefully someone was kicked out.

Devrin Young does make you hold your breath everytime he touches the ball. I believe we did a good job of corraling a very good back tonight. Congratulations to Shawn Prevo (freshman) for 4 TDs on the night. I can't wait to see how he develops in the next 3 1/2 years.

Anybody know Young's stats for the game?

16 carries, 80 yards, abd 1 TD..You guys played well on D.