TOUGHEST FOOTBALL DIVISION IN TENNESSEE

Dale

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few simple questions so everyone stay composed.

1. Would Division II AAA not be the toughest? They are the large private schools that grant financial aid, therefore they should get the best athletes according to most public school supporters.

2. If it is not the toughest division and the teams within Division II AAA are not considered that great why would the public schools be opposed to allowing everyone to get back together in one division?

3. If it is a weaker division why would the public schools not be running to join Division II AAA so that they could win a state title?

Posted by cbg:

1. Would Division II AAA not be the toughest? They are the large private schools that grant financial aid, therefore they should get the best athletes according to most public school supporters.

2. If it is not the toughest division and the teams within Division II AAA are not considered that great why would the public schools be opposed to allowing everyone to get back together in one division?

3. If it is a weaker division why would the public schools not be running to join Division II AAA so that they could win a state title?

The post of the week right there. Your first good mark is coming.

Posted by cbg:

Great post...

Posted by cbg:

Great post! Such a fine example of common sense. A good mark from me as well.

I guess this debate is over fellas.

cbg, that was a good point. However, just because you recruit does not mean that you have the best teams. Case in point:Gallatin lost twice to McCallie in 99 and 00. We beat Baylor in 97 and 98. They lost to MBA in 95 and 96. They beat MBA in 91. Beat CBHS in 92. Lost to MBA in 90. Beat MBA in 86. Hey the private schools recruited just as much back then as they do now. It is just out in the open now. I wish that we had all stayed together. If you have the best team than you have the best team, period. Gallatin won 3 State Champions playing with the Private schools, I don't see what the big deal is. Let'em play.

Posted by GWAVE1:

cbg, that was a good point. However, just because you recruit does not mean that you have the best teams. Case in point:Gallatin lost twice to McCallie in 99 and 00. We beat Baylor in 97 and 98. They lost to MBA in 95 and 96. They beat MBA in 91. Beat CBHS in 92. Lost to MBA in 90. Beat MBA in 86. Hey the private schools recruited just as much back then as they do now. It is just out in the open now. I wish that we had all stayed together. If you have the best team than you have the best team, period. Gallatin won 3 State Champions playing with the Private schools, I don't see what the big deal is. Let'em play.

I like your attitude, but the comments about recruiting are unnecessary and inaccurate. unless you have some evidence to back them up, they don't hold much water. good attitude tough, let em play.

Why does everyone seem to think that if there are a few good teams that dominate a class that that division should not be considered as strong. I've heard several people say that in 1A or 2A every team has a chance to win state. That shows good competition, but it means that it would be statistically more probable to win. Is that really the best judge of the "toughest football division?" Would it not make more sense to say that if a division is top heavy, then it is much tougher for middle and lower teams to compete for a championship? Is it not harder to compete for state (the ultimate goal of every team) if there are some really good regulars every year that dominate? I think that that is ONE sign of being a tough division that many people have not considered. On a sidenote - I say 4a is toughest - there is always tough competition among upper-middle teams as well as several teams that can outplay any top team in anyother classification. 4A has their playoff regulars while maintaining that competitive spirit. Just some thoughts :)

Guest Cranewich61

I believe that Division II- AAA is the most challenging divison in Tennessee. Every year at least 4-5 very good teams are competing for the championship. Many rivalries between these schools exist and each division game is a great one. I also believe that the tops chools from this division would give any single-A school a good game. The competition is high every year, and the Clinic Bowl is always a battle.