Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

I

The Dogs looked much better and MUCH more focused tonight at E-Town, winning 71-48. The hustle and focus that wasn't there at Unicoi was displayed tonight. I believe Hampton played full-court the entire game, which I havent seen in YEARS. Betsy seemed surprised and rattled by it, as well. Anytime we get a win at EHS, I'm happy, not to mention win by this much! Just shows how much focus and intensity can either work for you or against you if you dont have it. Several players played much better tonight, maybe they're finally starting to shake off the football rust? Even so, this team is only going to get better as time goes on. Now for some on here who seem to think all Hampton fans are braggers, fact is, this team has a LOAD of talent. When they all can get their basketball legs, they'll be tough to handle. Gonna be a fun year in this conference! Lots of great B-ball to come!

still rusty but better!

If you call all of those quality opponents I think you might want to quit your day job and go into doing standup comedy. Johnson County is terrible this year. It doesnt matter if you played them at home,ralph stout park or in the parking lot the fact is they are bad. And what ru comparing? So your basically saying just for the simple fact Central and West Greene has more kids that makes them good in their classification? News flash my friend Sullivan Central will more then likely finish next to last in their conference, West Greene will be lucky to win 8 games,Pigeon Forge might have played Austin East but that still negates the fact that they are a bad ball team,And Sullivan South yep they are AAA but guess what they will probably finish last in their conference. Get your facts strait Durden before you log-in.

Yea I would pull the injury card out on this subject my friend bad bad call.

If you call all of those quality opponents I think you might want to quit your day job and go into doing standup comedy. Johnson County is terrible this year. It doesnt matter if you played them at home,ralph stout park or in the parking lot the fact is they are bad. And what ru comparing? So your basically saying just for the simple fact Central and West Greene has more kids that makes them good in their classification? News flash my friend Sullivan Central will more then likely finish next to last in their conference, West Greene will be lucky to win 8 games,Pigeon Forge might have played Austin East but that still negates the fact that they are a bad ball team,And Sullivan South yep they are AAA but guess what they will probably finish last in their conference. Get your facts strait Durden before you log-in.

Yea I would pull the injury card out on this subject my friend bad bad call.

Facts are FACTS brother!

Im sure that the Landers have only played quality teams talented enough to beat UT ...right?

I really have nothing against Cloudland, they have handled Hampton in the past (with Hampton starters injured ) truth can't be a bad bad call but I do appreciate the fact that you support ur program as do I

Never said I was a so called "Lander Fan" just giving you a reality check about your conference. And I know more than you think when talking about your so called dawgs being injured. I know for a fact that Jones could have played in 1 to 2 of the games he missed in the tournaments but we will leave that a closed issue.

And you might say facts are facts I call it an excuse. I dont think that your so called injuries your purtain to were that serious. Hampton had chance after chance and just broke down simple as that. And what happened last year on your Home floor? From what little posts I read I assumed your dawgs was supposed to cake walk to the state tournament.

But I will let you talk a little more I like your cover-ups gives me a good chuckles :)

I

Never said I was a so called "Lander Fan" just giving you a reality check about your conference. And I know more than you think when talking about your so called dawgs being injured. I know for a fact that Jones could have played in 1 to 2 of the games he missed in the tournaments but we will leave that a closed issue.

And you might say facts are facts I call it an excuse. I dont think that your so called injuries your purtain to were that serious. Hampton had chance after chance and just broke down simple as that. And what happened last year on your Home floor? From what little posts I read I assumed your dawgs was supposed to cake walk to the state tournament.

But I will let you talk a little more I like your cover-ups gives me a good chuckles :)

Don't mess with the Jones kid. I saw his injury, he wasn't pretending....got more heart than you, I and ten more combined... little of you! That's all ill say about that

I know for a fact that his dad had to pull a few strings just to get him released to play in that sub state game....pretty sorry of you! What's ur problem, a disgruntled player perhaps or maybe gotta kid you think is a lil better?

Keep posting, ill figure u out!

And by the way, you don't know CRAP! Just a fool with a computer....and your FACTS are far from close to a good lie

Edited by uknoit2

Relax, uknoit. I've been a member on this website a long time and I've seen the johnnyringos' come and go. Thats his whole purpose is to get you unnerved. We Lander fans know the challenge ahead of us in preparing for a great team like Hampton. I don't think the Star is dumb for printing them out as the favorite. When you look at them from top to bottom, man they look really good. I know when Cloudland's girls pictures were printed on the front of the basketball season preview two years ago as the favorite for a state run, no one would have thought it would be Hampton's girls advancing all the way to the final four. I think its good for the star to do that because it really motivates the other programs in our area to step up their game. Fact is, I'm really proud of where Cloudland basketball has came from. I remember when we couldn't win 5 or 6 games in a season and pumping 92 pts. in a ball game was unheard of. Now we are electric my friend. Our boys can light it up in a hurry and they will challenge in every game they play. I know we don't have a lot of fans that talk on here but Sonny Smith gym has been rockin' here lately. Cloudland basketball has risen to a level that must be recognized. They have the chip on their shoulders, now who's gonna knock it off. ;)

Relax, uknoit. I've been a member on this website a long time and I've seen the johnnyringos' come and go. Thats his whole purpose is to get you unnerved. We Lander fans know the challenge ahead of us in preparing for a great team like Hampton. I don't think the Star is dumb for printing them out as the favorite. When you look at them from top to bottom, man they look really good. I know when Cloudland's girls pictures were printed on the front of the basketball season preview two years ago as the favorite for a state run, no one would have thought it would be Hampton's girls advancing all the way to the final four. I think its good for the star to do that because it really motivates the other programs in our area to step up their game. Fact is, I'm really proud of where Cloudland basketball has came from. I remember when we couldn't win 5 or 6 games in a season and pumping 92 pts. in a ball game was unheard of. Now we are electric my friend. Our boys can light it up in a hurry and they will challenge in every game they play. I know we don't have a lot of fans that talk on here but Sonny Smith gym has been rockin' here lately. Cloudland basketball has risen to a level that must be recognized. They have the chip on their shoulders, now who's gonna knock it off. ;)

KING, I noticed 'ringo didn't have many posts but if he's wanting to turn it on, then Im his huckleberry!

Very immature to talk crap about a kid (Jones or any other) on these threads. If you're an adult and have something to say about a kid, go tell their daddy!!!!!

Id have the same replies if it were comments about a Birchfield or Whitehead from R.M.

I (we) expect The Landers to be a load my friend. If we don't come locked and loaded we will loose and that's a known!

I know I've said things about people's kids in the past until I became a parent myself. I'm really sorry for being an idiot those years. One of the hardest lessons I've learned is you can never take back what you say. Parents must realize that your kid may not be a superstar athlete, but you can instill in them to be a superstar person and that counts more than anything.

Sorry, I didn't get to make it down.(those other plans i mentioned earlier)Effort and concentration my friends. The only two things a kid has control over in a ballgame.Goes together like Pintos and cornbread. :hungry: How hard they play,and playin hard IN POSITION, especially on D. And another thing,If you ain't got at least 3 fouls at the end of the game you ain't playin defense right.Sounds like you guys had plenty of both last night. :thumb:

"Well well well" Ringo hasn't been on here 2 days and I have done struck a nerve. And I take it (uknowit) didn't read my post all to clearly Ay. I (Ringo) never mentioned these statements about a perticular kid. Apparently I know more than you think once again without having to throw out accusations just by coming out of my own mouth. I am not that stupid and apparently a little bit smarter than you my friend :)

For one I would never bash a kid in no shape,form or fashion.And two I was told this by a reliable source inside your own program not from some joe blow off of the street if you catch my drift.

Obviously I come from a much more highly educated background of basketball,more than you think I know. I know talent around here my friend and if you think your program should be satisfied with the teams they have defeated you are sadly mistaken.

But thats it for now,just thought ol "Ringo" would make a quick appearance and clear some things up.

"Well well well" Ringo hasn't been on here 2 days and I have done struck a nerve. And I take it (uknowit) didn't read my post all to clearly Ay. I (Ringo) never mentioned these statements about a perticular kid. Apparently I know more than you think once again without having to throw out accusations just by coming out of my own mouth. I am not that stupid and apparently a little bit smarter than you my friend :)

For one I would never bash a kid in no shape,form or fashion.And two I was told this by a reliable source inside your own program not from some joe blow off of the street if you catch my drift.

Obviously I come from a much more highly educated background of basketball,more than you think I know. I know talent around here my friend and if you think your program should be satisfied with the teams they have defeated you are sadly mistaken.

But thats it for now,just thought ol "Ringo" would make a quick appearance and clear some things up.

YOU made the accusation concerning Jones and said it was fact.

You brought out HIS name on this thread....dang, I wouldn't act so smart and not be able to read and understand my own posts as seems a problem you have Einstein!

There was a lil mouthing about his situation last year that was put to a stop QUICKLY....

Mr smart man, you shouldn't take the talking of others as fact don't care who it came from.

Id love to meet such a basketball genius as urself!

I mean you are a great mind and can repeat anything someone else says....gotta be alot smarter than me!