Hampton 2010/2011

uknoit2

My apologizes, I was not trying to be a SA. Thought you were on that championship team.

im not sure if that was you being a smart a** or if you dont know who i am? i was apart of the 10 straight run but on the tail end of it, i saw 3 different head coaches in 4 years felt like Crompoton at Tennessee :roflol: but either way ill take the praise :thumb:

No jealousy Tyler. We are not talking about roots, we're talking about the present. It hasn't been just one season. We've put the beginning touches on a new found tradition that may lead to an eventual state championship. The Creekers days are over. I only sense a little animosity from you because we put Hampton out of both tournaments last year. I think Fridays game will be legendary. The best days may be yet to come for these programs. Tyler, I really don't know why you would defend the Creekers. As far as I'm concerned, they can be annexed by Johnson Co and be in social isolation like Shady Valley. :lol:

You want to talk about the present unless you are talking about your has-been football program that left the same time Lunsford did. :unsure: Then all you want to talk about is history and tradition.

I never said we ended Hampton's season, just put them out of both regional and district tournaments. You don't pay good attention. Whats irrelevant here is your excuses. When you have injuries, your bench is supposed to step up. Thats part of the game. The good teams have a bench to go to when life happens. I really like Hampton and their players. I don't like you and maybe only few other people from down there, but I have a lot of respect for the Hampton nation. As for talking junk, Unaka has only 1 win over the Landers since 2005. I'm talking about the present. If you and the Creekers wanna live in the past go ahead. I'm having fun winning titles NOW. :lol:

I'm just saying that if Hampton would have been 100% healhty they would not have lost any games to Cloudland last year. That is just my opinion and I know that I am biased. I know that the great teams have benches that will step up but there are not many teams in single A that will have the depth to overcome those kinds of injuries. I guess if Hyden and Potter would have been out and Morgan would have been at half speed, their bench would have stepped up and they would have beat Hampton just the same last year? Is that what you are saying?

Dang, Do you two need a ruler and some privacy? LET THE MEASURING BEGIN! It's HIGH SCHOOL sports being played by kids, guys. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but neither one of you can 1up the other on here. All 3 schools have had success and all 3 have had down times. That's the nature of schools this size. Can't be helped it is just the law of averages catching up. But who am I to butt in? Shoot, Have at it! Out of the red corner we have TD, and the blue corner we bring you King! LETS GET IT ON!

I'm just saying that if Hampton would have been 100% healhty they would not have lost any games to Cloudland last year. That is just my opinion and I know that I am biased. I know that the great teams have benches that will step up but there are not many teams in single A that will have the depth to overcome those kinds of injuries. I guess if Hyden and Potter would have been out and Morgan would have been at half speed, their bench would have stepped up and they would have beat Hampton just the same last year? Is that what you are saying?

Nobody knows, thats the point. If a frog had wings......"If" is a much bigger word than the two letters it takes up.Look, This is the way I see things; You give everything you a have in a game(and I mean EVERYTHING ,be it football,basketball,or table tennis,I don,t care what the score is, you still win as long as you NEVER give up.Fight,fight,fight until the bitter end and do everything you can possibly do, And because of talent or mistakes you may get beat but you still don't LOSE. The only losers are quitters IMO. I don't think there are very many losers at Cloudland, Hampton, or Unaka. All 3 schools have fighters in their programs,coaches and players.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

Let me tell you something, son.... I've been around a long time. Seen the Holly's, Ensor's, Taylor's, Grindstaff's, etc. all come through the creek. Played against some of the old guard. Once out of every 10 years they would have a basketball team that would make you go hummm. Don't get me wrong here, they've had some outstanding individual players but rarely have they had any great teams. Exception being the 4 years creekerballer was there in which they were outstanding. The 2-3 years on each side they were above average.

Creekerballer remembers 10 straight championships... the creek's 3-4 years of excellence was right in the middle of that 10 year span plus that was when Hampton was up in AA and the creek was winning championships against a down Cloudland, UH and North Green. That's a fact. BTW, Hampton still beat your eyes out half of those years. TD, you are right in that for 3-4 years Cloudland was rather down while the creek was up. But that was 3-4 years out of 60+.

Well, son....they might not have won state championships during those years but they did go to the state tourney at least twice during the eighties which meant they were more than above avg. I was told by one Unaka friend of mine that Unaka never lost to Cloudland in Varsity or JV during the eighties or most of the nineties? Told me that when Cloudland finally beat Unaka's JV that Unaka felt like they had lost the national championship even though Unaka had 2 freshmen playing on the Varsity only. Going to the state in the eighties was much harder than it is now. You saying that they "rarely" had any great teams shows how dumb you really are. As far as the 10 years you are talking about, Hampton never beat Unaka's eyes out during those years and they actually did get in on some of those 10 years when they moved down to single A and were part of the conference. Cloudland was definately down then but N. Greene and U. High were not. Espcially not UH.