Signal Mountain vs. Trinity Christian Academy

MountainTroll

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Signal Mountain
    • Trinity Christian Academy

Congratulations Eagles. You guys did it. I also want to say that Trinity was a good well coached football team that played really hard. They beat a really good McKenzie team last week that was as good as any team in 2A . Signal was fortunate to get through a tough quad. My hat is also off to FCS, Trousdale and Boyd. I was also fortunate enough to meet folks from all the schools over the last few weeks.

The media support from Chattanooga was great. Ward Gossett and Steven Hargis from the Free Press as well as Gerald Riggs from News 3 were all there on the field. We couldn’t get Hargis to wear any SM apparel though, but he has been good to the Mountain folks.

Also, congrats to South Pitt on winning another championship. Were all rooting for you on Friday. We look forward to getting together next year for our game…and start the CoachT smack down. I know your kids will be ready.

Congratulations Eagles. You guys did it. I also want to say that Trinity was a good well coached football team that played really hard. They beat a really good McKenzie team last week that was as good as any team in 2A . Signal was fortunate to get through a tough quad. My hat is also off to FCS, Trousdale and Boyd. I was also fortunate enough to meet folks from all the schools over the last few weeks.

The media support from Chattanooga was great. Ward Gossett and Steven Hargis from the Free Press as well as Gerald Riggs from News 3 were all there on the field. We couldn’t get Hargis to wear any SM apparel though, but he has been good to the Mountain folks.

Also, congrats to South Pitt on winning another championship. Were all rooting for you on Friday. We look forward to getting together next year for our game…and start the CoachT smack down. I know your kids will be ready.

Why would a 4a team want to play a 1a team ?

Same reason a 1A team wants to play a 4A team, besides we will really be a 3A team playing 4A. To be the best you have to play the best and SP is the best 1A program year in and year out in the state. SM has gotten to be a very good program in a very short time and it has become a great rivalry, with huge gates for the home team.

You want to play good teams that will play you. South Pitt will play anybody and they are good. That is why they win State Championships. They played Polk a much larger school than Signal this year. They also played Central this year a 4A play-off team with over 1,000 and drilled them. This year Baylor has played Tyner and in the past played Boyd. Why do you think Maryville 6A plays Alcoa 3A. They are good match-ups of local teams that produce good gates.

Best team in 2A for sure. But to say we have given you no respect is wrong. There have been only two TCA posters on coacht since the game. TCAEE and me. We have had to play bigger, faster, stronger teams all year long and the kids were just plain exausted by the second quarter today. Its a long season and the boys have fought through alot, they just fell a little short today.

I think that most TCA fans are just discouraged because they have seen the fight in these kids week in and week out, and no one wanted to see it end this way today. The difference in the game was depth. Plain and simple... TCA played all out the first two quarters and then ran out of gas. Signal had the luxery of going to the bench and pulling fresh bodies out to play.

Now for all you Jabriel Haters out there, give the kid a break for once. ONE time. Obviously Nick Saben knows what he is doing, or else he wouldnt be at Alabama.

The kid does it all for TCA. It begins and ends with him!

Imagine if his talent could be surrounded by more of the same where teams couldnt simply key on him all game long.

The fact that he did what he did all season long and had the numbers and success he had speaks volumes for him. Also makes the ones he does it to look worse when they hate on him.

Just sayin.... Glad to see a good game today. Congrats to TCA and Signal on their seasons. Best wishes in the future Eagles.

Nick Saban's judgement is almost impeccable. He is the best CEO AND coach in FBC. Likely the best coach since you know who, but that was a different era.

TCA's all-star safety avoided way too much contact for an aspiring SEC cornerback. On at least three (3) separate occasions No. 1 avoided the hit and cost his team yardage. He pulled up and let the left corner make a tackle on a critical drive that put the game away. He was eaten alive on the goal line by a very good high school running back. He could not catch an excellent HS wide wide out with decent speed, and was burned deep. That will not cut it in the SEC.

Nice try, but the truth is apparent live: very quick, but a front runner, that is too light, and will avoid contact. I see how TCA lost 4 games.

Best team in 2A for sure. But to say we have given you no respect is wrong. There have been only two TCA posters on coacht since the game. TCAEE and me. We have had to play bigger, faster, stronger teams all year long and the kids were just plain exausted by the second quarter today. Its a long season and the boys have fought through alot, they just fell a little short today.

I think that most TCA fans are just discouraged because they have seen the fight in these kids week in and week out, and no one wanted to see it end this way today. The difference in the game was depth. Plain and simple... TCA played all out the first two quarters and then ran out of gas. Signal had the luxery of going to the bench and pulling fresh bodies out to play.

Now for all you Jabriel Haters out there, give the kid a break for once. ONE time. Obviously Nick Saben knows what he is doing, or else he wouldnt be at Alabama.

The kid does it all for TCA. It begins and ends with him!

Imagine if his talent could be surrounded by more of the same where teams couldnt simply key on him all game long.

The fact that he did what he did all season long and had the numbers and success he had speaks volumes for him. Also makes the ones he does it to look worse when they hate on him.

Just sayin.... Glad to see a good game today. Congrats to TCA and Signal on their seasons. Best wishes in the future Eagles.

Nick Saban's judgement is almost impeccable. He is the best CEO AND coach in FBC. Likely the best coach since you know who, but that was a different era.

TCA's all-star safety avoided way too much contact for an aspiring SEC cornerback. On at least three (3) separate occasions No. 1 avoided the hit and cost his team yardage. He pulled up and let the left corner make a tackle on a critical drive that put the game away. He was eaten alive on the goal line by a very good high school running back. He could not catch an excellent HS wide wide out with decent speed, and was burned deep. That will not cut it in the SEC.

Nice try, but the truth is apparent live: very quick, but a front runner, that is too light, and will avoid contact. I see how TCA lost 4 games.

Congrats to SM, good game and good sportsmanship, unlike the team from Jackson. If anyone wants to talk about the multiplier then maybe there does not need to be a multiplier and all private schools should play 5A or stay in the Div. II class. As for Mckenzie, you should have taken care of business and you would have been there. And for TCA, let's just see how next year goes without Washington, could be a long year unless you recruit another athlete.

Gotta love ignorant comments from ignorant people. Accusing TCA of being unsportsmanlike, then not even backing it up with specifics from the game. Real nice to make factless comments.

You mention that if McKenzie would have taken care of business t hat they would have been there in Cookville. I have a news flash for you......they did not get the job done in that game, TCA did. TCA earned the right to play in the title game.

Finally you finish your foolishness by accusing TCA of recruiting. Yet another IGNORANT comment. As Washington has been at TCA since the 1st or 2nd grade, your claim of recruiting has NO BASIS IN FACT. And if TCA were recruiting, don't you think that they would recruit more than 30 players and find some with real size and speed?

metman, your comments really just show foolishness.

And congratulations to Signal Mountain. You are a well coached team with a multitude of great players.

The folks from Signal Mountain will NEVER admit it, but you have the correct answer to the question in my opinion.

ill admit it we are skipping 3A because of alcoa who wouldnt if they thought they could compete in 4A and if signal does do well none of you hosers will be able to complain about us playing teams smaller than us

Edited by eaglepride55

well i watched parts of the game on tv and washington didnt impress me with his play in this game. his play at qb was not impressive he made some good throws but also several bad ones his running ability was not overly impressive either. his play in the secondary was lacking in run support he didnt appear as if he wanted to come up and really be an enforcer he was also burnt a couple of times deep by will queen and our rbs were running away from him in the open field. and dont make excuses that he plays both ways he plays qb which wasnt really exhausting i watch hale from sp play both ways and he never slowed down a bit. also washingtons attitude at the end of the game was dissapointing he was walking around and had given up on any chance of winning

Edited by eaglepride55

I saw the same thing you did regarding the Washington kid, in fact I posted something similar several pages ago in this thread. I'm sorry but I just don't see SEC potential out of him for many different reasons.

The folks from Signal Mountain will NEVER admit it, but you have the correct answer to the question in my opinion.

We've admitted it numerous times on these boards. We'z dumb, but we ain't stupid. Troll's lived through two bad hurricanes, and I don't want to see no dang tornado. emoticon-char-044.gif:roflolk:

Besides, we're 4a at full capacity, which will just take another year or two.