3A Championship Alcoa v. Goodpasture

Some people just don't belong...-Judge Smails  

125 members have voted

1. 1. The winner is....

• Champions (Alcoa)
    • Country Club (Goodpasture)
    • Just don't care....OR Hope Alcoa loses, but don't really like Goodpasture either.

Here Is all I am Saying. If we are fortunate enough to ever return to a state game then come get some. Instead of just sitting in the background and saying well we coulda beat them make us #2. CAK has a great team but they do not know how they match up against anyone that they do not play. I dont care if Alcoa says it or Murphy Fair. Let Alcoa have their thread and if you want we can start a CAK is great because they played Alcoa close this year Thread.

MHSDAWG1 most everyone of the people I know would say Cak was the 2 best team WE played. Maryville of course being the best team. I do believe Cak was the 3rd best team in the area. Heck I'm not sure they were not a top 10-15 team in the state in any classification. That's of course is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Here Is all I am Saying....

No, that's not all you said. If you want to start a different thread to discuss how upsetting it is that some think someone besides Milan played Alcoa closer be my guest. I simply responded to your obvious agenda.

I apologize to the Alcoa fans for the hijack. You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.hijacked.gif

No, that's not all you said. If you want to start a different thread to discuss how upsetting it is that some think someone besides Milan played Alcoa closer be my guest. I simply responded to your obvious agenda.

I apologize to the Alcoa fans for the hijack. You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.hijacked.gif

No apology needed. Alcoa knows who played them best as does CAK. Not to mention CAK is a classy program that shows nothing but respect. You're one rivalry team that will be hard to "not like". :thumb:

MrTwister those three teams were very good. I'm not sure where to put each team because all of them had very good athletes. BA Union City and then Huntington.

I guess you would put them in order of the different Alcoa teams they faced.The way you listed them is fine with me.All I know is every time we played goodpasture in these past championship games,they were terrible.Should not even be in the finals.Milan had good Defenses,but their offense sucked.Huntington and Alcoa were evenly matched.neither defense could stop the other.Both scored on big plays all night.If Union City had taken us more serious early in that game it could have been different.Brentwood Acad was a revenge game.It was just in the cards for that Alcoa team to win that game.

Edited by MrTwister

How sad is it that fans from the opposing team think that getting beat by 3 touchdowns and not being able to score a field goal, much less a touchdown, is a close game?

:roflolk:

The Huntingdon game back in '04 was the best championship game I've seen this decade. (I wasn't around for the 2000 game, so I can't compare). If it hadn't been for Guzzo's heart-stopping field goal, things may have turned out differently.

Congratulations to Alcoa they are a great team with a great coach. I must also admit I loved watching Goodpasture get drilled. I have watched them run fake punt attempts late in games when they were up 20 points. Knowing they were beaten by 42 points makes me smile.

what comes around goes around. such is life. maybe the kids will learn from their coaches mistakes.

Good Luck Alcoa !! Let's show em what Blount County Football's all about . Starz gettin Jiggy with the "2 hipe" ...Hilarious ! I can just picture him and Momma doing the Bump to 2 Hipe ... just like the old " Uncle Sams " disco days !

" Aint gonna bump...no more ... with no big Phat Woman "

Oh......got get that image out of my head....thanks pepvol. :roflolk:

Here is an interpretation of what you are saying: When we played Alcoa, It Shoulda been the State Championship, If we coulda got past them, we Woulda beat anyone from the west. I guess we will never know cause you couldn't beat alcoa, therefore you shouldn't run your mouth about who you wouldn't beat from the west.Last time I checked Alcoa won the state Championship as an individual team. As far as I know it wasn't an all star team from over there. But if you need to jump on their coat tails to have a moral victory. Then so be it. Get past Alcoa meet a team at Cookeville and then you don't have to run your mouth. MaybeAlcoa will give you one of its Gold balls to make room in their trophy case for another one that they won by beating yall about 14 times in the past 7 years....lol inferiority complex. :roflolk: ugly step sister :ph34r:

CAK should, could and most importantly WOULD beat Milan as bad as Alcoa did Goodpasture!

There is absolutely no way that Milan or Goodpasture would beat CAK if they played here, there, or anywhere this year...and wouldn't in last couple years either! I think Loudon and Polk Co would give them all they wanted if they too did not beat them. Just like the past few years, The top 4 teams in the state at the beginning and ending(based on how good the team really is, not how far they went into playoffs...for obvious reasons) of the season should be: 1. Alcoa, 2. CAK, 3. Loudon, 4. Polk Co.! Now, in saying that, do I think Goodpasture and Milan are good 3A teams? Yes. They have to be to make it that far every year. I think they are both very good teams, but they are not as good as the 4 above mentioned.

I believe I saw an earlier post where CAK was needing another game next year...maybe Goodpasture or Milan could fill that spot and meet around Cookeville for the game. Perhaps on a saturday so we can all come watch. I believe it was week 5 or close to it. One of you 2 get with your administration and make it happen! It would be great for these type of discussions!