Maryville spring practice

Hows your team lookin this yr?I heard they lost alot on the Off. side but the D-line is your top spot.

I think the kicking game and defense will be very good for Greeneville this year. The defensive line is really impressive. There is some big time talent there. The biggest question marks are on the offensive side. I think the offense will be good eventually, but it will take some time to replace some of the key parts from last year’s offense. It is hard to replace the speed of someone like Carmichael. I think they will try to get the ball in the hands of another speedster more this year. I don’t think he is as fast as Carmichael, but he isn’t far behind. Greeneville does have a QB that got some experience as a Freshman and Sophomore, so it’s not like they will be starting completely from scratch at that position. From what I’ve heard, there is a significant amount of talent moving up, but you just never know how that translates. Overall, I don’t think they will be quite as overwhelming to the competition this year as they were last year, but I think there is potential for Greeneville to be very good (especially at the 4A level). But, you never know how things are going to come together.

I know Maryville is going to be very strong as usual, so I’m glad Greeneville scheduled a scrimmage against a team like Maryville. It will give them an opportunity to see what they really have, and what they need to improve. I feel confident that Greeneville will be good enough for this game to benefit Maryville as well. I don’t say that in an arrogant way, I just think Greeneville’s defense is good enough to at least make it challenging on any offense.

Good luck to both teams this year. I always pull for Maryville, except for the few times that they’ve played against Greeneville.

Maryville needs to watch out. I heard the real rebels at west high had a great scrimmage against mo west. maryville may be upset by the west rebels.

...........whoahhhhhhh cowboy. Just calm down. West plays Maryville too early in the year anyway to have a shot imo. The new district schedule screwed them out of this game.

Who didn't Alcoa run all over last year? Nothing wrong with maryville's defense, nobody in the state could stop Alcoa's run game last year howdoitknow2...Hope my teams (Oak Ridge) run defense sucks as bad as Maryville's did last year, if so we will win state :)

Well my post wasn't in regards to "Maryville's chances at winning state". My post was in regards to "Maryville's chances of beating Alcoa"..........which will be a difficult task and ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT if they aren't able to stop the run.

Last year's game was close but at no point in time over the last 2 years has anyone felt like the Rebels could physically matchup with Alcoa up front and slow down their running game. Maryville hung 31 on the Alcoa defense last year but it wasn't because they were running the ball well offensively.

Robinette & Horne were the guys who gave Alcoa's defense fits last year....

Well my post wasn't in regards to "Maryville's chances at winning state". My post was in regards to "Maryville's chances of beating Alcoa"..........which will be a difficult task and ESPECIALLY DIFFICULT if they aren't able to stop the run.

Last year's game was close but at no point in time over the last 2 years has anyone felt like the Rebels could physically matchup with Alcoa up front and slow down their running game. Maryville hung 31 on the Alcoa defense last year but it wasn't because they were running the ball well offensively.

Robinette & Horne were the guys who gave Alcoa's defense fits last year....

and that says a lot for maryville, you are pretty much bragging on them without realizing it...They cant stop alcoa's run game, and STILL came within 1 missed tackle of beating the Legendary program that is Alcoa. Maryville didn't and couldnt really run on alcoa last year, and STILL scored 31 pts against the mighty Tornadoes... Trust me when i say this, but Maryville will be just fine this year when they play Alcoa..Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if they win and win decisively.

• Upvote 1

and that says a lot for maryville, you are pretty much bragging on them without realizing it...They cant stop alcoa's run game, and STILL came within 1 missed tackle of beating the Legendary program that is Alcoa. Maryville didn't and couldnt really run on alcoa last year, and STILL scored 31 pts against the mighty Tornadoes... Trust me when i say this, but Maryville will be just fine this year when they play Alcoa..Wouldn't shock me in the least bit if they win and win decisively.

Again......in order to win decisively they'd better be able to at least slow Alcoa down. The last 2 years they haven't came close...

37 1/2?You need to change you're name to STARSNBARSISARETARD!LMAO, :roflol:

Hey MM70 ... you are new around here so we'll cut you some slack. But there are certain folks on these boards that you need to think long and hard about calling a "retard". StarsnBars would be one of those folks. He's legendary and he's also very facetious (Stars ... that's "face-eesh-us").

Stars ... congrats on getting those two young-uns graj-ee-ated. Know you and mom are proud. You should be. Fine young ladies.

Again......in order to win decisively they'd better be able to at least slow Alcoa down. The last 2 years they haven't came close...

But the previous 15 years Maryville handled Alcoa 14 times. Most Rebel fans knew Alcoa was loaded for bear in 2009 and 2010. Alcoa will still be good but nowhere close to the last 2 Alcoa teams. Those teams were freaking loaded. Maryville only lost 1 starter on the LOS and that was Jared Miller. All the OLine comes back.

But the previous 15 years Maryville handled Alcoa 14 times. Most Rebel fans knew Alcoa was loaded for bear in 2009 and 2010. Alcoa will still be good but nowhere close to the last 2 Alcoa teams. Those teams were freaking loaded. Maryville only lost 1 starter on the LOS and that was Jared Miller. All the OLine comes back.

Yes, Alcoa may win state again, but there is NO WAY there going to be as good as they were last year...you guys dont have big ol tyson and warren to leanb on this year..makes it a lot easier on opposing teams when you have to tackle hambrick who weighs at max 165 compared to tyson and warren 225 plus every down...makes a heckuva difference