( 1A )Sept 12 Poll

tricklician

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know next to nothing about 1A football other than SP is a year in and year out powerhouse. The other thing in 1A I do have quite a bit of knowledge on is Gordonsville. This years team is the real deal especially when the QB and his favorite WR are clicking. G-ville could very well be making a trip to Cookeville come the 1st week of December if they keep their heads on straight and stay healthy.

Gordonsville was the real deal last season. They had a really good football team so shouldn't be a big surprise that they are tough again. That #6 last season was a REALLY good QB as well and I remember that #16 playing receiver along with #2. They are all good players along with #53 Coen, #4 LB and others.

I believe Marion has around 500 students in 9-12. Whitwell probably has a few less than that. South Pittsburg is usually around 220-240 students.

The reason I asked was because many people are shocked to know South Pitt has that low of an enrollment. With the population in Marion Co, having three schools is a necessity. Marion Co and Perry Co are pretty close in size (512 sq/m and 423 sq/m) but Marion Co has about 20,000 more people making up its population. Wayne Co's area is 736 sq/m (2nd largest in TN) but only about twice Perry Co's population. WCHS and Collinwood's enrollment are usually about even at around 320 per school (I'll not count Clifton since they only have like 5 kids in each grade).

The point I'm getting at and I think some people try to too sometimes, is even though South Pitt has one of the smallest enrollments, they have a better chance of getting talent.

The reason I asked was because many people are shocked to know South Pitt has that low of an enrollment. With the population in Marion Co, having three schools is a necessity. Marion Co and Perry Co are pretty close in size (512 sq/m and 423 sq/m) but Marion Co has about 20,000 more people making up its population. Wayne Co's area is 736 sq/m (2nd largest in TN) but only about twice Perry Co's population. WCHS and Collinwood's enrollment are usually about even at around 320 per school (I'll not count Clifton since they only have like 5 kids in each grade).

The point I'm getting at and I think some people try to too sometimes, is even though South Pitt has one of the smallest enrollments, they have a better chance of getting talent.

Good point. :thumb:

thank u....thats the point i was tryin to get across about how they can get talent just like mtp

this is what i mean...SP has about 3x the population of Wayne Co. and Perry Co....and thats why you seem them as good as they are year in and year out and in PC and WC they have down yrs for 3-4 yrs(in exception to WC cuz they usually have a good team every yr)...but in a bigger populated area they can have kids just as good yr in and yr out...thats why they should be 2A...just sayin

Edited by SportsFan70

this is what i mean...SP has about 3x the population of Wayne Co. and Perry Co....and thats why you seem them as good as they are year in and year out and in PC and WC (except most of the time WC) they have down yrs for 3-4 yrs...but in a bigger populated area they can have kids just as good yr in and yr out...thats why they should be 2A...just sayin

why don't we just make a division for PC and WC to fight it out for a championship each year. Would that be fair? :roflol: