Perry County at Wayne County

theGURU

What happened at Perry County was uncalled for and irresponsible but it had no reflect on our football program nor our school administration. However, what Perry County did reflects on the program and the school administration as well. I understand that none of the community nor PC players had anything to do with this, but it was the responsibility of the administration to make sure the kids were elegible. The TSSAA should of granted all teams a win that Perry County beat with the inelegible players, and not just vacate PC's wins because it was in fact cheating.

The coaches and administration for PC and TSSAA had a lengthly meeting on the children well before the season started. Enough so that Henry County released then from their school system. It was only after the school year and football season had started that the circumstances of their rescidencey either changed or came up I am not sure which how is except them and TSSAA. Are coaches and teachers supposed to follow their students home every night and on weekends? The TSSAA investigation was apparently clear enough that no fault was found on coaches or addmin since no action was taken. And if the TSSAA vacated those losses for the teams it would go against parallel rulings they had made in the past and since this incident as well. The main reason they don't vacate losses is in some cases not this one it could have playoff implications on other teams.

Plus it's over an done with, PC just over WC in one heck of a slug fest, they should charge Pay PerView prices for this show!

Edited by sportsfan68

PC and WC should be a great game. i had a chance to watch the Perry county and MTP game last week with our whole district off for fall break. i was impressed with Jacob Tucker and his offensive dominance (1A football is just too easy for this kid)

Mt Pleasant had plenty of chances to score but shot themselves in the foot every time they sniffed the red zone... PC's secondary had plenty of holes in it but no one from mtp could catch. they dropped three would be touchdowns! and snapped another one off the facemask of the qb 20 or so feet in the air. As a coach i could feel the frustration from Coach Smith's sideline.

As far as the WC/PC game, should be the first real test for both teams. a barn burner for sure...

hope to get to see them play again in the playoffs.

PC and WC should be a great game. i had a chance to watch the Perry county and MTP game last week with our whole district off for fall break. i was impressed with Jacob Tucker and his offensive dominance (1A football is just too easy for this kid)

Mt Pleasant had plenty of chances to score but shot themselves in the foot every time they sniffed the red zone... PC's secondary had plenty of holes in it but no one from mtp could catch. they dropped three would be touchdowns! and snapped another one off the facemask of the qb 20 or so feet in the air. As a coach i could feel the frustration from Coach Smith's sideline.

As far as the WC/PC game, should be the first real test for both teams. a barn burner for sure...

Can't believe you were there. Where were you sitting? Would like to have seen you & your family.

Can't believe you were there. Where were you sitting? Would like to have seen you & your family.

we got there a couple minutes late and had to sit at the end next to the concessions. i saw you but couldnt get your attention, talked to Randy and several after the game. Caught up with calvin and some other former players. depending on how far you get in the playoffs... we may see ya agian, when we come home to visit again.

I bet that whipping PC put on MtP raised a few eyebrows over in WC .

It raised the eyebrows when I heard the score, but after watching the film not at all. Not saying PC is not a good team cause they are and will be the best WC has faced this year by far, but Mtp had plenty of success moving the ball against the PC defense, but continually shot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. And Mtp had blown coverage after blown coverage in the secondary....really surprised at their weak secondary play.....WC should have threw more against them. Gonna be a great game...glad it's in WC.

Who are you?