Brint Russell resignsb

newHHSera

I am sad to see another HHS coach call it quits. My team is Maryville, but because of many friends and thier son's who have played for HHS I have always wished them well.

I hope the board will take a look at some young blood and maybe seek a new coach who can speak to the student body over there to change the mind set. They have many kids over there with great size who won't go out for the team because of a poor attitude, lack pride and just are not intrested in working hard.

The school board of good ole' boys/griles are just not intrested is supporting county winning programs, just look at William Blount. Revolving door in the head coaching office and parents who simply care very little has allowed a culture of losing to stay way to long.

I hope the board will find a young head coach, a fresh face and put out the money to go get and proven experienced O&D coordinators, and not be afraid to drop a little money on them to attract & retain them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would try to go get someone young that could communicate with these kids, and someone that had been in a winning program and knew what it takes to win. Maybe Sweetland, from Farragut, has definitely been a winner on the field and as an asst. I would not hire any of the current coordinators as there has been next to no success with them on the staff, what would make you think that they could turn it around. I definitely would not even think about hiring Meadows, for obvious reasons. They had a good, young football mind there in Brandon Waters and let him get away, maybe they should try to get him back, but don't know if he is ready for HC or not. This is a tough job and don't see it doing anything but getting tougher in the near future.

I agree totally , David Sweetland would be a Homerun . Farragut has planned on him taking over eventually , but with a lot of Farragut fans wanting to lay all the blame on him , maybe this would be a great decision for David . David is a class act , and he would definitely improve the young men at Heritage .

I've been dying for him to make it back to Maryville some day , but maybe that's not his destiny . As long as Heritage was willing to give him several years to turn the program around ( it didn't get like that overnight ) I think Heritage could eventually be another Blount County powerhouse . They've had loads of talent roaming the halls for years .... all they've ever needed was the right attitude .

Edited by pepvol

I belieive someone should take a shot at Micheal Charles White III at Maryville. Not to young not to old? Why would he leave Maryville and George? who knows? He knows how to win, been taught by the best in the business over the last 10 yrs. Just my opinion. Not sure why William Blount didn't come looking when there job opened up.

Edited by jackinthebox

I belieive someone should take a shot at Micheal Charles White III at Maryville. Not to young not to old? Why would he leave Maryville and George? who knows? He knows how to win, been taught by the best in the business over the last 10 yrs. Just my opinion. Not sure why William Blount didn't come looking when there job opened up.

They did.

Not till my youngest is through MIS.

Sad but true, the reason is money. Mike can make more money as just a teacher in Maryville city than a teacher and coach in the county. You can't blame him for that. Hard to find a better person and coach then him. IMO

Edited by alcoanation