Pearl Cohn @ Smith County

glover

I'm a few pages late on the great scheduling debate that went on earlier and I had some comments and questions but I'll just ask one. If you think back to Livingstons great run in 2005 you'll remember they had an exremely tough regular season schedule, do you not think this helped them when the play-offs rolled around being it gave them valuable experience on what to expect out of those teams?

Absolutely! You could tell that LA was a bit intimidated by those teams--Austin East and Catholic--the first time they played. After playing both tough, they knew the next time they could beat them and they did. That was a bit of a different story though. LA had to play those teams because they were in our region. From what I have heard, SC probably should have won this game despite their regular season schedule.

Evidently, to-my-our-out, tomy-our-out, tom-your-out, tom-you-rout, or whoever , thinks we are BALMING TC and Gordonsville...what ever balming is, and thinks we never seen a gold ball. That's comical.

Seeing one and having one are two different things.

I'll ask you. Who outside their region did LA play in 05? I really don't know other than SC. And regions,now districts, are beyond the school's control. It may have helped, but again, how much control does the school have, and how do you know how good-bad the scools will be in 2 years?

We played Station Camp, TC, and York along with you guys. I know it may be hard to do, but you guys really do need to add a team or two who is good year in and year out. Might hurt the regular season record a little but it will pay off in the long run. Our 2005 schedule was so brutal our subs never got to play at all. That's why we were so bad in 2006---and 2007---and 2008!

Is this game over? 49 pages of rambling later...?

21 you are correct - this game is over and PC won, no if's and's or butt's. They did what they had to do to win. Congratulations PC for a well played game. This strength of schedule is BS. I seems to some that since we don't play TC our schedule is weak. Not Playing TC or any other school had nothing to do with this game. PC won the game on the field fair and square. The Owls play who they can play, and YES, there is a reason we don't play TC which has been discussed on here many times. The Owls commited 4 crucial mistakes that hampered their chance to win against PC. The Owls play one of the best 1A schools in the state (Gordonsville), play and beat 4a schools: White House, Livingston Acad., Dekalb Co. and Macon County, all who made the playoffs. Don't continue to make you look silly/stupid to say SC plays a cream puff schedule. Time to move on and by the way - GO TIGERS!!!!!!!! and go YELLOW JACKETS !!!!!! I hope you guys go all the way :thumb: Oh yes we did play and beat a weak 5A team and a weak 6A team.

Edited by scooter

1st off, RC is from LA. I don't think he has any owls.

Hey. If I don't get to make that drive, and beings I've never seen one before. Are them 1A and 2A gold balls the size of them little ones like they throw out in the crowd at the games, or are they regular size balls like they give out in 3A-4A-5A-6A??

Yeah don't ever let it be known that I am an Owl fan scooter lol.

And regions,now districts, are beyond the school's control. It may have helped, but again, how much control does the school have, and how do you know how good-bad the scools will be in 2 years?

You have no control over your region schedule but you generally have a pretty good idea on what the teams will bring to the table year in and year out. I just think it would make sense to try to schedule a team or two that will show you something that you normally don't see during the regular season. If that means you have to play an inner city Nashville school or a private school or even a 5 or 6A school that might beat you by 20, so be it.

Edited by Steno

You have no control over your region schedule but you generally have a pretty good idea on what the teams will bring to the table year in and year out. I just think it would make sense to try to schedule a team or two that will show you something that you normally don't see during the regular season. If that means you have to play an inter city Nashville school or a private school or even a 5 or 6A school that might beat you by 20, so be it.

Are you a Trousdale fan or if not would you care to reveal the team that you are associated with ?? I just wanted to know. Thanks I have read your post over the last few yrs but getting a little senile lol.

Congrats to PC on the victory you guys are a very good team and I hope you continue to win in the playoffs. Now to SC, great year with a very tough ending. 10-1 is nothing to hang your head on. I know from experience it will be a tough few days and even weeks for the Owls seniors. Looking forward to seeing what #25 and #8 can do next year as they will once again have to be the play makers for SC.

Well I was just going to get on here and say congrats on the season, but now I feel compelled to address some of these recent comments.

If you are not from Trousdale, don't put our name in your mouth on an SC thread. That's our job to jab them for not playing us, not yours. Quit using us as your crutch!!

As for the strength of schedule....well I can see both sides of it. Did your non-region opponents prepare you for the playoffs? I'd say 1.5 did, 2.5 didn't. Big time games get you prepared for big time games. At the same time, did playing 5A Warren Central help prepare us? Not sure. That game did make Macon County look like they were tied up, but it probably will have no bearing otherwise. I think our playoff runs over the last three years probably helps prepare us more than anything else.

Rocking Chair...are you kin to Maynard or something? What's your beef with Trousdale? Slim get under your skin, or are you letting the fine folks from G'ville and Macon County get you in a fuss with all the Trousdale dodging talk? Mashed Grapes, huh? What do you think PC would do to your Cats? What do you think we would do to your Cats? Do a little comparing of some scores of common opponents between us, SC, and LA before you start spewing at the mouth. Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, I think we have already proven that we can play on your level with a great deal of success. Not saying we could win 3A this year by any stretch, but I do think we could have won your district!! You are better, and smarter, than what you have shown over the last few days. That is all.

• Upvote 2

Well I was just going to get on here and say congrats on the season, but now I feel compelled to address some of these recent comments.

If you are not from Trousdale, don't put our name in your mouth on an SC thread. That's our job to jab them for not playing us, not yours. Quit using us as your crutch!!

As for the strength of schedule....well I can see both sides of it. Did your non-region opponents prepare you for the playoffs? I'd say 1.5 did, 2.5 didn't. Big time games get you prepared for big time games. At the same time, did playing 5A Warren Central help prepare us? Not sure. That game did make Macon County look like they were tied up, but it probably will have no bearing otherwise. I think our playoff runs over the last three years probably helps prepare us more than anything else.

Rocking Chair...are you kin to Maynard or something? What's your beef with Trousdale? Slim get under your skin, or are you letting the fine folks from G'ville and Macon County get you in a fuss with all the Trousdale dodging talk? Mashed Grapes, huh? What do you think PC would do to your Cats? What do you think we would do to your Cats? Do a little comparing of some scores of common opponents between us, SC, and LA before you start spewing at the mouth. Last but not least, if I'm not mistaken, I think we have already proven that we can play on your level with a great deal of success. Not saying we could win 3A this year by any stretch, but I do think we could have won your district!! You are better, and smarter, than what you have shown over the last few days. That is all.

well said. +1 :thumb:

Edited by snoball5278

Congrats to SC for a great season. I enjoyed the 8 games I attended. Congrats especially to the young men who sweat, worked, and bled football for the last 7 months to bring a lot of SC fans and families a lot of excitement and joy. These young men do not make the schedule or call the plays. They are human and they make great plays and mistakes just like everyone else. All they want to do is give their best and make family, friends, and fans proud of them. This group of Owls did that.

Only one team out of 32 goes undefeated in the playoffs, but all should be proud of their efforts and themselves. I told one of them after the game Friday night: "We're proud of you, hold your head high, and remember the good times and successes, not this loss."

My last post ever on a SC thread.