South Pittsburg against Greenback

Roy Dillard

Our field is considered on of the best fields around this area for such a small school,since we cant get any funding from our county thats why we have such small visitors seating,the field plays great wet or dry.If it dont rain it WILL be dry,it being wet doesnt help us at all either.maj gave some good directions,also another route is 75n to xit 81 hwy 321 all kinds of eaterys(chilis,crackerbarrel,ruby tuesdays,aubreys,and all the normal fast foods)on 321,once you get off the interstate take right on 321,(you are 20 mins from school at this point)stay on 321 towards maryville between 6-8 miles there will be a small sign on right for hwy 95 it will also say Greenback(this rd also about 6-8 miles long but a very nice drive scenery is awesome) follow this road till you get to a stop sign,look straight ahead and you will see the school,turn left go 1/2 mile then right you will be at school.Difference from both directions maybe 15 to 20 mins.Get there early small place and it will be crowded,should be a great small school atmosphere.rlh,yes there was alot of mouthing going on from the Grace kids that got a few of our boys upset,but that has been going on for four or five yrs now,they have no respect for us at all and we have none for them!This game will be a little different alot of tradition will be in this game.Have a safe drive up.

SP has played us, they know what we are about. Greenback had all but 1 of the personal foul penalties (see the box score when we dominated you and #2 ran his mouth and your "all star" QB got smacked in the mouth on the sideline and chose to spike the ball in our LB's face, etc.....) Whether or not those fouls were provoked, I can't speak to that. If they were provoked, there needs to be more self control to avoid those penalties in the future.

Now that we have that clarification behind us, this is another David vs Goliath, David wins. GB fans, SP is tough, it will be a great accomplishment to knock them off and a great win for our district. I'm not pulling for GB, can't do that and never will (and the feeling is mutual), but I do hope this is a close game, if so, GB will have a chance. Best of luck to both teams.

As for the stadium and field, just as orgnblk said, it is a great small school atmosphere. This is what small school football is all about. Great community support and they turn out strong, that I can pull for!

Greenback is decent but not near as good as the sequatchie, Boyd, Polk. I say Grundy would give them a fit. Even Marion co...... :roflol: just kidding about MC. If our QB play is consistent this game will get ugly quick. I just hope our boys stay focused and don't let the fowl play of # ? Get them thrown out. Not gonna say the # on here but against GCA he pushed, punched, twisted, and kicked

I can't decide if he is uncoached or immature.

Friday night when you leave greenback all you SP fans will have nothin but tears of dissapointment , have fun trying to stop Goodson and Seymour . Ill give SP this , on paper you guys are the better team and have a tougher schedule , but dont think for a sec greenback is gonna be an easy win for you folks. Come friday youll be welcomed to CHEROKEE NATION and your gonna see some tough, hard noised, barn yard football

Oh my....I've read enough. Listen, take it from the Ram Fan. I've seen both teams play and SP by far is the better team. We put up 40 points on you but that's not the biggie...our defense shut you out. South Pitts defense is just as good as Grace and South Pitt has an explosive offense as well.....and yes they are fast. Greenback fans, don't get me wrong because you guys do have a pretty good team this year, Seymore and Goodson are good football players.................but, South Pitt is much much better......PERIOD! I don't see anyone stopping SP in 1A. They will bring home another gold ball.

I'm hearing things like"you can't beat us on our field" do you have anything to base this on? I have looked at the GCA film and I see nothing that you guys can use against SP. It's easy to say we are gonna beat you but you have to have something to base that on, such as playing and beating a big 6A school or beating a very good Polk team or taking GCA to 3 overtimes, what have you got besides wins over unproven teams. Trying not to be too harsh here, but all you guys have are hopes and wishes. That will disappear pretty quick early in the game. As for the cowbells, we will only hear them if you ring them for our touchdowns. We have silenced whistles, rock filled jugs or whatever for years now , so that in no way intimidates us. We have lightning speed in the backfield and on the ends. As Roy might ask, how fast can your fastest boy run?

I agree. :thumb:

I was talking to this pegleg man on here and he was wanting to know if I knew if Grider was getting a greyhound for people to ride to Greenback. I have not heard anything about this mess on WEPG. Grider was going to charge 15 dollars to ride a bus to Knoxville and that supposedly included a game ticket. I would figure since Greenback is a little over halfway to Knoxville, Grider would charge 10 dollars and that would include a game ticket. If anyone knows about this, let us know. I will bring my Murphy Fair book and we can look at it on the way to Greenback.

I was talking to this pegleg man on here and he was wanting to know if I knew if Grider was getting a greyhound for people to ride to Greenback. I have not heard anything about this mess on WEPG. Grider was going to charge 15 dollars to ride a bus to Knoxville and that supposedly included a game ticket. I would figure since Greenback is a little over halfway to Knoxville, Grider would charge 10 dollars and that would include a game ticket. If anyone knows about this, let us know. I will bring my Murphy Fair book and we can look at it on the way to Greenback.

powerep , sportman and me, may not get to go if Grider don't get us a bus to Greenback

first_bus.jpg

Let me ask you Greenback people a question. Does that Ridge man have hot cocoa at his concession stand? I usually bring my thermos to the games and fill it up at halftime. I also bring my Murphy Fair book and some fudge rounds. If any of you Greenback people want to see my Murphy Fair book before the game, I will be glad to show it to you and we can read about our teams.

Sorry for not posting in a while i have some other issues in the prior weeks but when i logged on a few moments ago and saw the shenanigans and absolute blasphemy these greenback or yellowbelly people were posting and I just couldnt resist! Ok heres the deal..... Greenback you are just another second round team that no south pittsburg fan will ever remember. The only reason we have to remember you in the first place is that you were to scared to come play us week 7 in the burg!! there shouldn't be a single greenback fan on this website this week because they should be hiding for the monster that is coming to town! People think Im kidding but im serious!

11-8-1985 GHS 12 SP 48

11-9-1990 GHS 16 SP 7

11-12-1991 GHS 35 SP 8

11-13-1992 GHS 42 SP 12

9-24-1993 GHS 7 SP 27

9-23-1994 GHS 14 SP 31

10-6-1995 GHS 12 SP 49

10-11-1996 GHS 12 SP 14

10-4-1997 GHS 12 SP 43

10-2-1998 GHS 30 SP 77

8-19-2005 GHS 16 SP 20

8-18-2006 GHS 14 SP 62