Maryville vs. Sevier Co.

Red Rebels

Wow! DB was up 28-0 and let the Smoky Bears come back. I'll have to look up the last time these two played in a non jamboree game.

The last time was a 10-9 loss for Maryville in 1992, their sole regular season loss of the year that year. Maryville had a 2-4 stretch against Sevier County from 1987-1992, and no I don't still have a bad taste in my mouth about a couple of those :P Looking forward to the game - go get some redemption for the middle aged folks!

Ranger, The Bears fans travel very will. You should have a packed house on the visitor side and we are very supportive. Also, the Bears have nothing but the uttmost respect for your team and your coach. He has even been a guest speaker for the Bears Sunday School class. During football season, we have a special class only for members of the Smoky Bears Football Team so they know him and respect him.

As for all the talk about ducking, those comments are from our neighbor in Jefferson County and I assure you none of the Bears fans feel that way. We believe to be the best, you have to play the best and welcome the opportunity to meet you on the field. Have a good week of practice and we hope for an injury free, exciting game on Friday night.

Good post bearsmom....We are blessed here in Mairvul two have good Christian men leading our team...as yall up there are....Coach Brewer is a friend of a friend and I can say the same good things about him.... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I've watched some of the Video on a few Sevier Co. games , and they definitely have some speed and a good QB ... our Secondary will face their toughest challenge so far this year I think , but I love the way our secondary has been playing . I really believe as a unit , this may be the best Secondary Maryville's ever had , so it should be a great matchup .

I've watched some of the Video on a few Sevier Co. games , and they definitely have some speed and a good QB ... our Secondary will face their toughest challenge so far this year I think , but I love the way our secondary has been playing . I really believe as a unit , this may be the best Secondary Maryville's ever had , so it should be a great matchup .

Uhgreed pep.....Will-Yum Blunt throwed hit on us sum....But tha Bares are vurry good at hit, wif grait athleets runnin hit...Tha haiv xcellunt speed, run presise routes, and thair QB iz a good athleet wif good feet who can xtend plays when'st tha brake down...Maiks 'em vurry dangerus...Pluss thay will spred yee out and them run hit at chee sum... :unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS

I agree that the receivers run very solid routes and the QB can extend plays. The only issue I see with the QB is that he tends to lob the ball during throws. Not quite as bad as Science Hill's QB ,but still lobs the ball some. Also, I just don't think SC can handle the speed of the d-ends, of Watson and Spivey. I believe Watson will be on the Qb all night, due to the size of SC left tackle.

Ranger, The Bears fans travel very will. You should have a packed house on the visitor side and we are very supportive. Also, the Bears have nothing but the uttmost respect for your team and your coach. He has even been a guest speaker for the Bears Sunday School class. During football season, we have a special class only for members of the Smoky Bears Football Team so they know him and respect him.

As for all the talk about ducking, those comments are from our neighbor in Jefferson County and I assure you none of the Bears fans feel that way. We believe to be the best, you have to play the best and welcome the opportunity to meet you on the field. Have a good week of practice and we hope for an injury free, exciting game on Friday night.

That is awesome bmom but not surprising. I had the opportunity to meet coach Brewer 15-20 years ago when the Bears were traveling to a midstate school to play on a Friday night. My family owned a local restaurant and fed the team that afternoon. The young men were the very quiet and respectful and real YES SIR NO SIR type of kids, the kind you wouldn't mind your daughter dating. Coach Brewer had the attention and respect of every young man on that team

and treated all of them equally, from the 1st team QB to the 4th team tackle. All in all he earned the respect of my whole staff that afternoon and because of that I've pulled for SC every time they have lined up( except against my rebels). Coach Brewer is a fine man and SC is blessed to have him as an example to your children.