Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They wouldn't pay for his traveling expenses...air for his tires is up to $1.50 in those coin operated compressors! :roflol:

That guy is amazing , best sports article I've ever read was his last one at Blount today . I'll never forget a few years ago I was driving towards Halls in a terrible down pour ( real one that time lol) for a game with the Devils , when I looked on the side of the road and saw Stefan peddling towards Halls to cover the game . After I had been at the game for about 30 min, I saw him peddle up ... passed by him going home also ... still in the pouring rain ... unbelievable .

That guy is amazing , best sports article I've ever read was his last one at Blount today . I'll never forget a few years ago I was driving towards Halls in a terrible down pour ( real one that time lol) for a game with the Devils , when I looked on the side of the road and saw Stefan peddling towards Halls to cover the game . After I had been at the game for about 30 min, I saw him peddle up ... passed by him going home also ... still in the pouring rain ... unbelievable .

And he was probably wondering why no one ever stopped and offered him a ride :roflol:

I believe Tom questioned if it was Mrs. Riverdaleman. I know there are hard feeling in the Boro between Tom and Riverdaleman...lol. See Tom, all the more reasons to make the move to Maryville. I have a very good Realty Agent that would like to show you some property and then pay for your meal at the Milling House. If you come to Maryville, we would not care if you reported on the other schools in the county....so long as it is the week they play Maryville. :thumb:

Tom and I are freinds we just cut up with each other he takes a lot of heat from a lot of other fans about him showing favortism to one team or another and i was picking on him about his love fest with Mathers...he is a good guy who has a ridculously tough job he has 8 or 9 high schools to cover with a lot of sports and its just him he does a great job but ive gotta pick on him a little and get as much RIVERDALE attention as i can...he knows riverdalewoman wasnt my wife as he knows her too in fact she is real greatful to him as when he was at a baseball game my son hit a grandslam against oakland and he got a picutre of him rounding 3rd and it is an AWESOME picture

Now this is what the boards are all about. It is just Tuesday and there are already 28 pages of posts, (last week there were 19 total for whole week w/Sevier County). And the posts have been clean with good sportsmanship, respect and maybe a little good nature "jabbing" showing on both sides. There are 3 F's being discussed, FOOTBALL, FANS, and a new addition FOOD. Expecting a big following from the Riverdale fans. Last week I was slammed on Cedar Street with 7 buses and a equipment truck to park (Still trying to figure out why SC brought 3 buses just to carry instruments ????) Looking for the same parking problems this week, but it means a great atmosphere for Friday Night Football !!

Really hate it that Woodruff will not be playing, know how the players and fans feel (we had the same feeling last year when Robinette went down at halftime of championship game with concussion) Best wishes and thoughts for fast and full recovery for his senior year.

My prediction will come a little later in week, still not sure of score, but think the Rebels will come out on top.

Safe trip to Riverdale Football team and fans. Welcome to the Black Hole (It has gotten bigger and deeper since your last visit, lol)

Now this is what the boards are all about. It is just Tuesday and there are already 28 pages of posts, (last week there were 19 total for whole week w/Sevier County). And the posts have been clean with good sportsmanship, respect and maybe a little good nature "jabbing" showing on both sides. There are 3 F's being discussed, FOOTBALL, FANS, and a new addition FOOD. Expecting a big following from the Riverdale fans. Last week I was slammed on Cedar Street with 7 buses and a equipment truck to park (Still trying to figure out why SC brought 3 buses just to carry instruments ????) Looking for the same parking problems this week, but it means a great atmosphere for Friday Night Football !!

Really hate it that Woodruff will not be playing, know how the players and fans feel (we had the same feeling last year when Robinette went down at halftime of championship game with concussion) Best wishes and thoughts for fast and full recovery for his senior year.

My prediction will come a little later in week, still not sure of score, but think the Rebels will come out on top.

Safe trip to Riverdale Football team and fans. Welcome to the Black Hole (It has gotten bigger and deeper since your last visit, lol)

With the great teams and great coaching year in and out you guys have that does not suprise me that the Black Hole has gotten bigger and deeper! :thumb:

Edited by warhawks

Field will be a factor in Fridays game. There will be several plays ending in the player slipping or loosing his footing. At least it will be fiar on both sides.

I haven't seen any players having noticeable problems with footing during the playoffs. We've got 3 days of sunshine on the way that should dry the field up.

I am sorry the Warriors quarterback will be out. I watched Oak Ridge play Maryville earlier this year and the Wildcats quarterback was out...OR lost 31-6, same margin as with the Riverdale game at 35-10. Of course everyone who knows OR football knows the Wildcats played below their ability against the Warriors...but that is why the game is played and holding it to the end is the stuff of champions. No excuses..just turnovers. Yikes!

I truly hope for a really good game come Friday. Unfortunately, having watched the Rebels and the Warriors, I believe the hype is only hype and be grateful for coaches who don't roll it on when they have the game won. Riverdale and Maryville both have that sort of class but it is the Rebels who will be playing the bench into the third quarter. I hope for a closer game but just do not see it happening.

A safe drive wished to Riverdale and fans...and a dry night wished for the game. The crowd will be huge!

God Bless and Peace to All.

Dart, long time OR fan.

Edited by Dart