Milan VS CAK

Slim88

You are right, we couldn't. CAK got tired of getting their tails kicked and set out to change that. Some cak supporters wanted to change the playing field, but the coaches and the kids set out to make the change and I for one, am glad they did. Makes us all better. The West is doomed for at least the next 15-20 years.

Not so fast. First, Alcoa posters were saying they were unbeatable a couple of years ago. How'd that work for you? And secondly, CPA is in the west and they are on the rise, maybe even next year. CAK is great and returns a ton of talent, but CPA is in the same situation. If CPA QB hadn't broke his foot in the 1st half against Milan, CAK would have faced a much tougher pass defense yesterday. Still think they would have won, but not with 7 pass TD's.

You know, I was gonna be done with my original post for the season, but I couldn't pass this one up. First let me say, I have grown up with Milan football, not as a sport, but as a way of life! I've known Tucker, Bland, and Morris Milan Football!

So does most every other Milan fan, and that can also be said for any other small town with a football team.

I lived it for five years while I was out there busting my butt every Friday night, under appreciated by the fans, but still there kick off to buzzer, in the band. I KNOW Milan football!

YOU don't know as much as you think you do unless you are at every practice, know every single injury big or small, know the mindset of each player, and have watched every single second of film the players and coaching staff have.

....and I would be willing to bet my next paycheck that in some media about today's game, Jeff Morris himself will step up and admit that this game was lost because of a COACHING FAILURE!!!

Of coarse he will! That's what classy coachs do! Do you honestly think he's going to place blame on a bunch of kids?

Did I ever say CAK didn't deserve the win??? Nope....did I ever say Milan wasn't dominated by better talent??? Nope...

Your making it sound like Milan would have won that game if had not been for Morris and his play calling.

but you didn't see Milan's TRUE talent shine through tonight! #29 was limited on carrying the ball...especially in the first half. Why?...play calling by the coaches....coaching failure. #3 only had one big breakout run...why?...play calling...coaching failure...eh oh and he got hurt but play calling was a big part too.

Better teams contain your play makers!!! Do you think I blamed Swenson after the Wayne Co. game because Warbritton was getting hit behind the line of scrimmage? NO! Good teams find ways to contain your weapons, and coaches see it and try different options! It's easy to say after an interception, "Why didn't he keep the ball and run, he had the block around right tackle?" Maybe it's because the last time he did that he was hit form behind a loss of 8, and the coach was taking a gamble!

Please go back and read ALL the posts from during the game...Fairview and CPA fans made mention many times that this team was NOT the team that beat them in weeks prior!! So YOU have seriously got to be kidding ME if you think coaching failures didn't have anything to do with the loss today!

Yeah, actually it was the same team, the difference was the team on the other side of the ball. The Huntingdon team that beat Milan this year looked better than the Huntingdon team that lost to Wayne County, but believe it or not, it was the same team just a different opponent.

I love how all these Milan haters come out of the woodworks when we lose to a team that NO ONE else in 3A could touch either!

I have to agree with you on that since you said 3A, not 1A through 3A.

First, I'm not a Milan hater except when yall play Huntingdon. Which ironically was also a "coaching failure" on Morris's part this season. Do you realize how many times I heard, Morris wanted to loose to Huntingdon to keep his team from getting "the big head." BS, there isn't a coach in America that coaches to loose. When your team faces a better team, every weekness is exposed and obviously the play calling is going to be questioned. When you gamble on play calling, sometimes you win sometimes you loose. When you face a better team you loose more than you win. I don't think the offensive play calling had anything to do with that kid for CAK throwing 7 TD passes on Milan, and there wasn't anything in Morris's playbook that would even come close to keeping up. I hope when Morris retires you put in for the Head Coaching job since you can obviously call the perfect game week in and week out with any level of talent.

First, I would like to congratulate Milan on a fantastic season. Your Dogs came ready to play and played very hard all night. It may be fair to say that, like CAK, Milan got everything out of this season that they could. Both Milan and CAK are young teams that perhaps over achieved.

Milan's game plan defensively was to sell out on pressuring the QB. I was genuinely impressed with how hard they rushed the passer. But CAK's OL and backs were able to handle the majority of the pressure and when you add QB High's ability to elude and escape, the Warriors had an answer for the pressure. Even with outstanding pressure, Milan had 0 sacks. Offensively, I was really impressed with Milan's ability to run the ball with #29. Had the flow of the game gone differently and Milan be able to hang with CAK score for score, the power game could have given the Warriors more trouble, but as this game played out, Milan just wasn't able to compete in what turned out to be a high scoring game. As I thought from watching the CPA game, #3 and #29 are a really nice combination.

I hated to see #18 go down late in the 1st quarter. A 3 year starter, the leader on the defense, a captain, and one of if not the most respected player on the team, it is hard to lose someone of that caliber in the championship game. The CAK players rallied around him though and stepped up big time to get the job done.

The CAK offense was multi dimensional and very hard to stop. With not only the much discussed passing attack, but also a run game and an elusive quarter back, the Warriors truly force a defense to "pick their poison." CAK never punted in this game.

Congratulations to all Warriors past and present. The previous teams and coaches laid a foundation that was critical in building the program to a level that this team could seize the moment. A special congratulations to a small but very powerful senior class that lead this team to a gold ball!

Not so fast. First, Alcoa posters were saying they were unbeatable a couple of years ago.

A couple of years ago, we were...that's what 15-0 means.

Sniff....sniff.....

Maybe Milan just can't handle the pressure of being on top. <_<

I really am happy for Coach Bradley and his guys.

They have earned everything they got.

We will hit the recruiting trail (again)on Monday!! :ph34r:

yeah and if a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his butt everytime he hit the ground.

private + open zones + recruiting = gold balls. :twisted:

Why can't you just man up and admit that Milan was defeated by a much better team last night?

Instead, you have to come up with this "private + open zones + recruiting =gold balls" thing. It makes you look and sound like a whiney bush league fan.

Reitzfan, you've been around for some time. You think Huntingdon would have stopped CAK? lol. you've lost your mind. Milan overachieved, Yeah, I said it, down year. Milans been blowing Huntingdon out the past 5 years until this year. Charlie High would throw for 1,000 on you.

Charlie High is the truth. Best high school quarterback/offensive system I've seen in 10 years of going to the State Championships. CAK defense is average but the offense is ridiculous. I don't even think Henry Co. would stop them, much less Maryville. Milan needed turnovers. There was no way they were going to stop CAK, Milan just was outmatched on the OL of CAK and the WR..the WR had 4 inches and faster than Milans DB's. Milan should have caught the kickoff, instead of dropping it. After the pick, they should have ran #29 into the zone to cut the lead. Milan is a run first team and should have taken advantage of that. Arkel Coleman had his way at tailback. I probably would have just taken him out at MLB and left him to tailback duties because Milan was bringing 7 on the blitz and couldnt get to High, even though they missed sacks by not wrapping up.

Lets face it..Milan keeps making the state championship game because they have a grip on West Tenn..but im not sure they can keep compete with possibly the best teams in the state in that division of 3A. I would venture out in saying that Alcoa, CAK are the best teams in Tennessee.

If CPA's qb had stayed in the game, Milan wouldn't have made it to state. That's a pretty true statement.

As I said earlier this is probably the 6th or 7th best team in the last 10 years, potential and size wise. Milan overachieved this season. However, I would have liked to see Milan just do what they do instead of trying to throw the ball in the redzone and kill themselves with penalties.

Congrats to CAK on a fine season. Anybody that can beat Alcoa twice should have known CAK was destined to win it all.

One thing you can say, is that Milan stays consistent. They play with what they have and have been doing it a long time.

One good thing to say is that #29 Arkel Coleman and #3 Finch will be back next season, along with the QB. With about 15 more pounds on Coleman and some height on Finch, I don't think anybody will be able to touch them in the West next season. What is scary is that CAK was young too. With High coming back, you would have to think that they are picked again to win it.

The only chance Milan had to win it was to keep the ball, and chew the clock with the power runing game. They strayed away from it and shot themseleves in the foot early with the botched Kickoff, and the INT in the redzone. Hard to come back from being down like that to the offense of CAK. I think most people would agree that Milan should have stuck to the running game and worry about trying to match scores instead of trying to stop High.

Reitzfan, one more time..dude you are a joke. Nobody really cares about Huntingdon. You got burnt on a one man route down the middle of the field ,Double Coverage,on your home field with a mintue left in the game. All you had was Warbritton. Now that hes gone, Milans about to start hanging 50 on you and shoving it right down Swensons throat again.

Again, Congrats to CAK. I still think CAK and Alcoa right now could beat anyone in this state. I feel unlucky that Milan is 3A having to deal with that two headed beast on the east side of the state.

I look for Milan to be back next year with more size and EXP. #29 should be the real deal next season, along with #3 finch.

Was #16 for CAK a Sr.?

Reitzfan, you've been around for some time. You think Huntingdon would have stopped CAK? lol. you've lost your mind. Milan overachieved, Yeah, I said it, down year. Milans been blowing Huntingdon out the past 5 years until this year. Charlie High would throw for 1,000 on you.

Charlie High is the truth. Best high school quarterback/offensive system I've seen in 10 years of going to the State Championships. CAK defense is average but the offense is ridiculous. I don't even think Henry Co. would stop them, much less Maryville. Milan needed turnovers. There was no way they were going to stop CAK, Milan just was outmatched on the OL of CAK and the WR..the WR had 4 inches and faster than Milans DB's. Milan should have caught the kickoff, instead of dropping it. After the pick, they should have ran #29 into the zone to cut the lead. Milan is a run first team and should have taken advantage of that. Arkel Coleman had his way at tailback. I probably would have just taken him out at MLB and left him to tailback duties because Milan was bringing 7 on the blitz and couldnt get to High, even though they missed sacks by not wrapping up.

Lets face it..Milan keeps making the state championship game because they have a grip on West Tenn..but im not sure they can keep compete with possibly the best teams in the state in that division of 3A. I would venture out in saying that Alcoa, CAK are the best teams in Tennessee.

If CPA's qb had stayed in the game, Milan wouldn't have made it to state. That's a pretty true statement.

As I said earlier this is probably the 6th or 7th best team in the last 10 years, potential and size wise. Milan overachieved this season. However, I would have liked to see Milan just do what they do instead of trying to throw the ball in the redzone and kill themselves with penalties.

Congrats to CAK on a fine season. Anybody that can beat Alcoa twice should have known CAK was destined to win it all.

One thing you can say, is that Milan stays consistent. They play with what they have and have been doing it a long time.

One good thing to say is that #29 Arkel Coleman and #3 Finch will be back next season, along with the QB. With about 15 more pounds on Coleman and some height on Finch, I don't think anybody will be able to touch them in the West next season. What is scary is that CAK was young too. With High coming back, you would have to think that they are picked again to win it.

The only chance Milan had to win it was to keep the ball, and chew the clock with the power runing game. They strayed away from it and shot themseleves in the foot early with the botched Kickoff, and the INT in the redzone. Hard to come back from being down like that to the offense of CAK. I think most people would agree that Milan should have stuck to the running game and worry about trying to match scores instead of trying to stop High.

Reitzfan, one more time..dude you are a joke. Nobody really cares about Huntingdon. You got burnt on a one man route down the middle of the field ,Double Coverage,on your home field with a mintue left in the game. All you had was Warbritton. Now that hes gone, Milans about to start hanging 50 on you and shoving it right down Swensons throat again.

Again, Congrats to CAK. I still think CAK and Alcoa right now could beat anyone in this state. I feel unlucky that Milan is 3A having to deal with that two headed beast on the east side of the state.

I look for Milan to be back next year with more size and EXP. #29 should be the real deal next season, along with #3 finch.

Was #16 for CAK a Sr.?

From what I've read, I may have missed it, I didn't see where anybody said CAK wouldn't have done the same thing to Huntingdon. Reitz Fan was saying Milan fans can't admit defeat. It's really nothing new, there is always something or somebody at fault when Milan takes the loss. It's never that they're beat by the better team.

But, since you mentioned it Grace Christian DID beat CAK this season. Grace Christian also beat South Pitt. 3-0 in triple overtime, and if South Pitt. could hit a 20 yard field goal could have won it in regulation. That same South Pitt. team was beat fairly easy by Wayne County. It wasn't nearly as close as the game between Wayne County and Huntingdon at Paul Ward Stadium.

You can talk all the smack you want, but I really don't know what your trying to achieve. Milan is SUPPOSE to beat Huntingdon, it's the whole reason for the classification system, and you might not want to quit your day job and become a fortune teller, hanging 50 on Huntingdon next season or the next 4 years is a very bold statement. We loose alot of talent, and you can't replace a Tyler Warbritton, but there are players that can fill his position pretty well. I guess we'll just have to see next season, but in the mean time, shake hands, admit defeat, and give props to your opponent.

Edited by superx2

Thanks for all the well wishes and compliments about #18. :flower: He has a broken ankle and possibly some ligament damage. But the Dr.s, with God's graces, will heal him in time. I am just thankful he came off the field on crutches rather than a stretcher. He is a true WARRIOR and will be OK, ... the Ring takes away the sting! :thumb:

I have been without a computer or phone due to dead batteries, faulty chargers and kids running away with my computer, ha. I will post some thoughts about the game sometime this evening, just wanted to acknowledge all the thoughtful CoachT posters who have asked.

Edited by FootballDad