artificial noise makers

tricklician

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules are already in place... all a coach has to do is call a timeout and tell the white hat to stop the game and call the game administrator. The action must begin with one or both of the head coaches and it then becomes the game administrator's responsibility to remove the noise maker from the stadium. I have seen this done and it is as simple as stopping the game until the distraction is removed.

Does this mean that the opposing team must use one of their time outs to handle something the TSSAA should be taking care of?

<_<

From what I have heard and understand about the rules, you are allowed to have any type of artificial sound makers as long as you are not blowing them during the play. Also, I'm an FCS fan and I have to say that I love the train horn. It has pretty much become tradition, going back 6 or 7 years ago.

The tradition of the train whistle goes back a lot farther than 6 or 7 years. Marion County first had one 30 years ago and it still lives on today.

Also, I'm an FCS fan and I have to say that I love the train horn. It has pretty much become tradition, going back 6 or 7 years ago.

If you're talking about the compressed air horn that the FCS fan was blowing non-stop during the Dresden game, I certainly hope that's not a tradition. Watching that game was a truly painful experience. I especially hate it for the kids that were in attendance...one in front of me had to cover his ears for the entire game. If it was just blown after touchdowns or big plays, then it would be a neat tradition. Blowing it constantly is, in my opinion, one of the rudest things I've ever witnessed at a high school football game.

If you're talking about the compressed air horn that the FCS fan was blowing non-stop during the Dresden game, I certainly hope that's not a tradition. Watching that game was a truly painful experience. I especially hate it for the kids that were in attendance...one in front of me had to cover his ears for the entire game. If it was just blown after touchdowns or big plays, then it would be a neat tradition. Blowing it constantly is, in my opinion, one of the rudest things I've ever witnessed at a high school football game.

amen, you tell it brother :thumb:

From what I have heard and understand about the rules, you are allowed to have any type of artificial sound makers as long as you are not blowing them during the play. Also, I'm an FCS fan and I have to say that I love the train horn. It has pretty much become tradition, going back 6 or 7 years ago.

You must be the guy. lol I was at the game and though I did hear the horn I don't recall paying much attention to it being that I was watching the game. But hey I was on the other side of the stadium.

I hate attending a sporting event where the fans just sit and watch quietly,the "atmosphere" of yelling supporters makes the whole experiance much better...on the other hand,the sirens(that guy had train horns too,just couldn't get 'em in the stadium they were so big)brought in by the Henry County fan and the Friendship guys horns were the rudest,most annoying thing imignable.Everyone else in the stadium paid to watch some championship football,not to have to endure such torture for three hours.Thanks guys for trying to ruin everyones enjoyment,hope neither of your shadows darken the entrance to the stadium again. :ph34r:

Please, stop the whining guys. bands play all the time during a game, so should the band be banned from games too? come on these things add to the atmosphere for the kids, which is who it is all about. you wanna stop the horns then score more points than their teams, point blank. fact is these things were approved by the TSSAA.

Please, stop the whining guys. bands play all the time during a game AND DURING PLAYS, so should the band be banned from games too? come on these things add to the atmosphere for the kids, which is who it is all about. you wanna stop the horns then score more points than their teams, point blank. fact is these things were approved by the TSSAA.

+1 :thumb:

Edited by Shep