SP Pirates

Hows the Pirates going to be this year? How many players did they bring back from last years Runner-Up team?

I do not know the number of returners they have but they have the entire backfield and all the other players got some playing time last year. They should be very good as long as we can avoid the injuries. How about you

Well Perry Co. will be down this year but they won't be terrible like we were back in the early 2000's and even late '90's when we first started the program. This team is going to be very competitive and should make the playoffs. We of course lost Tucker and about 10+ Seniors last year but we do have 6 defensive and 4 or 5 offensive players back for this year. We only gave up 2 TD's to Huntingdon the other day in a scrimmage but we didn't score. As long as our Defense holds up our Offense will get better.

We won 59-20 by my count. I think we looked pretty good.

Your joking. Our defence let those Bledsoe boys score 20 points? What kind of defence was this Stone man running? If Grider let those Bledsoe boys score 20 points, I garuntee you a real good team will score more than that. You think im joking but im not.

Good deal. How was pass/ catch?

Recon Pirate folkes is getting what theys been asking for the past few years...."Run the Rock"....Old Pirate says talk round the breakroom is the Pirates run the futeball 95% of the time and Attempt to pass 5% of the time....Jest like back in the day...yep, recon so.... Edited by OLD PIRATE

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• A lot of people don’t realize how valuable JMO was. QB, safety, punter and holder on pat’s. Kid did it all. I fully believe if he was healthy Dburg would have made it to the ship last year. 
    • If Dyersburg quarterback who is also starting safety hadn’t got hurt it would of another blowout 
    • For perspective the county school I’m associated and graduated from only has 7,600 people in the entire county with a median age of roughly 47. That’s not very many 14-18 year olds to choose from. I think the football team had 25-28 kids or around there.  On the other hand Shelby County has 916,000+ with a median age of 36. This isn’t just about Shelby county, but all the big ones with huge economic advantages!  An urban/rural split would benefit tons of smaller schools that have to compete with counties with 120x the amount of people. Especially the ones who can pick and choose their players from a pool like that!   I also agree with Pujo about charter and magnets and they will eventually be phased into the private divisions because it is obviously an advantage plus all the funding! Add that county schools can’t go recruit outside of their county like charters and magnets! 
    • They should be starting next week and go from there.  They never do Spring Practice in April