Mark Packer's constant disrespect

HeritageGrad11

I dont know if i am the only one who notices this but I see Mark Packer as one of the most disrespectful people on this planet. He is constantly trashing high school programs and throwing jabs at KIDS because their programs are not as successful as some. The kids know they are struggling and i feel that they do not constantly needed to be reminded by Mark Packer everytime High School Heroes airs. Anyone else agree?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like Packer any more than the next guy, and he probably could be a little more tactful, but if it bothers the kids then they should work their butts off to change it. Life in general does not carry an Upward attitude where everything is equal, the ones that work the hardest will usually end up ahead of the others.

I dont know if i am the only one who notices this but I see Mark Packer as one of the most disrespectful people on this planet. He is constantly trashing high school programs and throwing jabs at KIDS because their programs are not as successful as some. The kids know they are struggling and i feel that they do not constantly needed to be reminded by Mark Packer everytime High School Heroes airs. Anyone else agree?

always remember: he works for a TV Station in Knoxville and this is the largest audience he will ever broadcast to.....he is a frustrated sports reporter who thinks he is big time

Packer's commentary and lopsided games aside, Rivalry Thursday is a much better show than TNL. They focus on the GAME, not doing interviews with people who have nothing to do with the game while it's going on. Plus, they give students a shot at winning cash in one of those cash machines at halftime; that's 100 times better than getting free pizza or tacos for a month.

And please don't take my comment about ridiculous interviews as a disrespect towards the Marines (since one of them is always interviewed week-after-week). I appreciate the military and what they do, but these HS games are supposed to be about the kids on the field playing, not the kids who might be at home watching.

Also, the 2Cool2Lose ads, while doing a positive thing for the community by showing the dangers of underage drinking, are annoying, and the kid in that Cornerstone ad is way over-the-top with his dialogue.

Edited by MTSN

Hes a colossal douche who is known for his backhanded comments..some of the games they have picked for thursday are laughable. The only thing ill give him is at least some of these kids get exposure and be on tv...something I never had before

The reason why some games are terrible is because those schools dont mind Packard stealing donations and ads from local businesses. I have talked to several AD's and after one time w/ Packard Productions they wouldn't let him back. He requested a list of current donors, and then drove all of the schools donors crazy. He bleeds money from the communities he goes into. i do love watching the games on Thursdays, but its not about the kids. Its about the money for Packard Productions.

Packard does belittle kids. Several years ago a local kid was going to be on his Thursday show for basketball. The kid got caught in traffic, and once he arrived Packard treated him so poorly that he left. The kid arrived in plenty of time to shoot his pre-recorded show.