Cloudland visits Greenback

orngnblk

I'm sure he is a fine athlete but I didn't see a lot of "arm tackles" when Greenback was up here. Pretty physical bunch. They swarm to the ball very well, not gonna get the edge by running lateral on 'em either. Big nasties up front plug holes in a hurry for the 'tween the tackles stuff. If Cloudland has an average or above passing game then maybe power run with a fair amount of pass will loosen up some running lanes but make no mistake, they don't have any problems going man & still throwing 7 in the box with 1 safety "hovering" to play run or pass support. Biggest asset they have this year is depth. Greenback almost always throws a quality 11 on the field but a lot of times there is a noticeable drop off when the subs rotate in or they just don't rotate & wear down. This year they have depth, not a lot of noticeable drop off from the 1's to the 2's. Good ball team & sounds like Cloudland is headed the right direction. Good luck to both & hope both stay healthy.

If he drops back to pass on this bunch he better have eyes in the back of his head,someone made mention that the O-line is inconsistant if they are he wont be able to throw.We come after the QB pretty hard.Anyway its almost time!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing for a while now that one of the receivers is heading for higher ground next season. Its a lot more receiver friendly offense. Can't say that Iblame the kid ,he;s worked his tail off and wants to make a catch or 2 before his time is over. Nothing wrng with the receivers at Cloudland, its just a run happy offense.

You talking different high school or next level? Just curious.

If he drops back to pass on this bunch he better have eyes in the back of his head,someone made mention that the O-line is inconsistant if they are he wont be able to throw.We come after the QB pretty hard.Anyway its almost time!

I'm sure the coaches has watched film, but the running back is the key to Cloudland.The qb is a good runner but don't run it alot. They've not really tried to throw it much,but that may change this week.My guess is you fellers are hard to run on and Cloudland may have to resort to another method of moving the ball.

Greenback looks like a 3 headed monster. I hope the landers can keep it respectable and stay healthy. I'm sure everybody has some doubts about things coaches do. I kinda wonder how our qb from last year lost his spot?????

Every Coach gets second guessed and ALLof um makes mistakes.Its a tough job to say the least. I'm not sure how last years QB lost his job,but he could have been a 4 year starter at the position. Probably would have been a dandy by his Jr or Sr year. Great kid with a good work ethic. I'm a big fan of the kid.

As you said ,Greenback is a mess and a half,just gotta play with pride and see what happens. As a player,you don't have to win the game to be a winner.

Enjoy this weekend Greenback. Your time to pay comes next week. We are waiting!

Before all of the GB folks go nuts, notice the "new user", he/she doesn't reflect the respect that we have for your team. Next week is next week, you guys are preparing for a tough Cloudland team this week. Stay focused, there will be plenty of time to think about next week. I can assure you, GCA is preparing for a battle royal next week, its going to be a great game. The District Title will be on the line. Good luck this week,

Greenback by 21 (they are that good, in my opinion, no disrespect to Cloudland intended).

I've been hearing for a while now that one of the receivers is heading for higher ground next season. Its a lot more receiver friendly offense. Can't say that Iblame the kid ,he;s worked his tail off and wants to make a catch or 2 before his time is over. Nothing wrng with the receivers at Cloudland, its just a run happy offense.

Who would this kid be? If you grew up in roan mtn you already know that their not going to throw the ball all over the field.We haven't had too many good receivers at cloudland the last one was j.gouge.I think it's pretty sad to as you say head for higher ground when other kids have made sacrifices like being moved into the line after running the ball their whole life.I hope this is not the case but if it is all I can say is so long don't let door hit you on the way out