South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

Guest Purplepastry

Well it's a dull week on here it seems. I couldn't care less about the same old consolidation talk that's floated around for years. But oh well whatever. I enjoy getting on here from time to time checking up on the threads. But seems like it's just getting to be a bunch of mess, to quote Roy. Don't mind some smack talk and such because that's part of it, but some of the posts can get ridiculous at times. Seems every Pirate thread ends up being a SP/Marion County High School thread. As far as the game this week, yes I expect the younger Pirates to get rotated in heavily if we gain a decent lead. And they will play just as hard as the starters. Hopefully our starters get to heal some because a few are banged up. The latter games in our schedule will be a tough run. Stay healthy, focused and intense. Hit somebody.

Here's Whitwell's roster.....

Jacob Cox WR/DB SR

Caleb Anderson WR/DB SO

Justin Havis QB/DB SR

Avery Shrum WR/DE FR

Cody Ingrassia RB/DB FR

Tyler Tate QB/DB SO

Greg Layne RB/DB FR

Bailey Blaylock WR/DB SO

Dusty McHone RB/DB JR

Clay McHone RB/LB FR

Ethan Lough WR/DE FR

Jake Sartin RB/LB FR

Ben Sartin RB/LB SR

Cody Floyd TE/DE SR

Marvin Watson TE/DE JR

Dustin Holloway OL/DL JR

Zach Thomas OL/DL SR

Will Baker OL/DL FR

Seth Jones OL/DL SR

Alex Hale OL/DE SO

Matt Walker OL/DL SR

Austin Layne OL/DL FR

Andrew Kilgore OL/DL SO

P.J. Green OL/DL SR

Tanner Pickett OL/DL SR

Austin Grayson OL/DL SR

Jon Jon Seber WR/LB SR

That's their whole roster? 11 seniors is a lot when you just have 27 total.

From the looks of things the past few weeks, it looks like to me a lot of the young kids are already playing. According to the program, 54, 55, 50, 4, 7, 76, 24, 57 are all freshmen and sophomores playing.

Yes you are right, Ambassador. We do have lots of younger guys playing. But there will be several more who may not normally see alot of playing time get a chance to get out there. I've already heard a few threats from some of the Tigers aimed at one of our players in particular. icon_e_wink.gif But it's to be expected... responded to and handled on the field.

Yes you are right, Ambassador. We do have lots of younger guys playing. But there will be several more who may not normally see alot of playing time get a chance to get out there. I've already heard a few threats from some of the Tigers aimed at one of our players in particular. icon_e_wink.gif But it's to be expected... responded to and handled on the field.

They should know by now, the more threats that are made, the WORSE the score gets.

Guest Purplepastry

They should know by now, the more threats that are made, the WORSE the score gets.

I really doubt that the Tigers are threating anyone, even if they are they are idle threats. The whole idea of football is knocking some heads and damaging the other team, the reason WHS loses so much is that they can't do that very often. I am sure that SP will do the majority of the knocking and there by prevent any knocking of their players.

I know what your talking about HarleyRider. Alot of people don't know the situation. Since Whitwell doesn't have any playoff's in there future I'm sure they'd like to see our team struggle with some nagging injuries. to some of our key players and hurt us down the road. Hopefully it's just talk bc the Pirate's are in a bad mood as well as the coaches from last week so if Whitwell want's to try and get dirty I'm sure they have picked the wrong team to do it against. The boy's have got to remember it's just a game!!