South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

It is this kinda thing that gives the skillet heads their reputaion. All ya gotta do is tip yer cap and move on. Come on, yall were held to 2 scores. Even I thought yall should have put up 40, GV must have an excellent defense, but all you can say is they got lucky. Hope ya pass the 3rd grade.

You need luck to win a title. By that I mean you need breaks sometimes. Did you know Demetric got into the endzone on that 2 point play and the officials blew it dead before his momentum was stopped? That is why I said they were lucky and you need lady luck on your side sometimes! Could Gordy have won by more, yes. Could SP, yes. Gordy won no excuses here it was just a good hard nosed physical game, now go try to beat Greenback and win a title. You guys have a lot to play for and a talented group of players

Edited by powerp

Either Greenback or Gville will be playing Huntingdon in a few weeks got it all. Another team to watch is Coalfield, I talked to a guy that has seen them play, as well as Sp and Gville and he thinksvthey were the best of the three. Looks like we got lots of good football left!

Edited by wildcat89

You need luck to win a title. By that I mean you need breaks sometimes. Did you know Demetric got into the endzone on that 2 point play and the officials blew it dead before his momentum was stopped? That is why I said they were lucky and you need lady luck on your side sometimes! Could Gordy have won, yes. Could SP, yes. Gordy won, now go try to beat Greenback and win a title. You guys have a lot to play for and a talented group of players

your words have alot of merit, except one important part. I was right there on the two point conversion. Johnson's knee was down before his own momentum was stopped. He was indeed short of the goal at that point and then lunged forward after the whistle. He argued it because of how important it was but no one else was complaining. The game was decided however on a two point conversion, but it was watson, not johnson.

For the record, under the weight of the importance of the game, the refs really did a good job. I didnt see any calls that weren't justified, and the times they didnt call violations that were obvious, they were just letting them play. Give credit where credit is due. Btw, they got the onside kick call correct also.

It is this kinda thing that gives the skillet heads their reputaion. All ya gotta do is tip yer cap and move on. Come on, yall were held to 2 scores. Even I thought yall should have put up 40, GV must have an excellent defense, but all you can say is they got lucky. Hope ya pass the 3rd grade.

Lol your a piece of work....Nobody in 1A or 2A is putting 40 on Gordonsville...WAKE UP!!! Bahaha you will next Friday! The dream ride will turn into a screeching nightmare

Once again. SP showed last night that even when they are outmanned they typically will give bigger, stronger, older and more talented teams all they want. They didn't get the W, but I bet that young team gained everyone's respect. I know I for one was made a believer.

Both sides kids played their hearts out!