Fulton versus Livingston Academy thread?

midtnmale

I will be making the trip back up to LA to see them play Knox Fulton............Looking for the LA team to play a good game but hoping that their road to the state championship ends. However, Knox Fulton, do not take this team lightly, somewhere in the middle of what you may think LA will do next and then again, they will do just the opposite and produce holes that will not only be for long yardage but will strike w/ an air attack that somehow milks the clock and then they score. Wishing for both teams to come in healthy and leave that way and for all fans to show pride for their schools and keep the nonsense out of the mix for what is and will be a great game.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clarification ... Aloca had a 10-0 lead with 7 mins left in 4th Qtr ... 2 fumbles in Fulton territory and a pick 6 push the margin to 30 .. but dont get me wrong Alcoa defense kept us in check ... our RB had a couple opportunities where he had one man to get by and got pushed out of bounds... Alcoa played good defense and deserved the win ... watch out for #5 .. he only needs a crease .. ask Greeneville !!!

the alcoa was a good game. i listened to the 3rd and 4th qts on Fultons student radio channel. The same thing that happened to fulton in that game, happened to alcoa in the maryville game. Both games were close till the 4th. Good luck to both and we'll see the winner at the Brickyard, next week.

Midtenmale reminds me alot of the fan back in 05 from David Limpscomb that said alot of the same type of comments (forgot his name) & of course never came back to eat the huge plate of crow that Cates grilled up for him! So what if you predicted that DC or LA couldnt beat Fulton this year! You haven't been proven right yet. LA's defense is pretty darn good, may only take a couple scores to pull off the win. I like the mindset & heart of this team.

It would be against my core being to say that what is mathematically possible is impossible. But I will say that LA will not score 31 points on Fulton. If the Wildcats score more than three TD it will be in a losing cause, much like DeKalb versus Maplewood back in 2009 with a 30-56 loss. I told DeKalbs fans and LA fans back then (2009) that Maplewood and Whites Creek had too much speed non both sides of the ball. Then as now, they thought their teams could overcome it.

I realize that fans should support their teams. But let's not be delusional. I knew by mid-season that Maplewood had only a first or second round win in them. And at that time I felt that LA would not be able to beat Fulton should they meet. I still stand by that statement and this will be all that I have to say on the matter in this thread unless Livingston Academy just happens to win. Then I will be back to eat crow. But since that's not going to happen, this is my last post.

No one has been able to hold LA under 31 all year. I know they haven't played anyone as good as Fulton. LA's o-line has dominated and opened great holes for Creed to run through. This may or may not happen against Fulton--I don't know how good their D-line is! Like I said a few weeks ago--if we control the ball like in the last three games--Fulton cannot score without the ball! To imply that we don't have a chance is ridiculous! Hope to hear from you again this weekend!

Livingston has beat Fulton before and they can do it this year.

Go wildcats.

croz I believe we have played Fulton 5 times.....in 05 they beat us 18 to 7....06 it was 54 to 0....07 it was 36 to 0....08 it was 39 to 11. Last year they eliminated us in 2nd rd. 38 to 12.

This is a new year and we both have gotten better. But Fulton will have to play I promise you that, it WON'T be a cakewalk.

Good luck to the Tigers !!!

Edited by Rocking Chair

croz I believe we have played Fulton 5 times.....in 05 they beat us 18 to 7....06 it was 54 to 0....07 it was 36 to 0....08 it was 39 to 11. Last year they eliminated us in 2nd rd. 38 to 12.

This is a new year and we both have gotten better. But Fulton will have to play I promise you that, it WON'T be a cakewalk.

Good luck to the Tigers !!!

Agreed RC..Fulton will have to play and LA will have to play great to win. LA coaches, players and fanbase is well aware of Fulton and their program. This should be LA's best oppurtunity since 05 and this one is at home!

GO HOG-EYE!

Agreed RC..Fulton will have to play and LA will have to play great to win. LA coaches, players and fanbase is well aware of Fulton and their program. This should be LA's best oppurtunity since 05 and this one is at home!

GO HOG-EYE!

Which is a big deal. Why? No jet lag or changing time zones for the home team. If you honestly think that has no effect on highschool athletes, you are nuts. I'm not saying a traveling team can't win, but it is very nice to only have to travel five minutes versus two and a half hours with a time change AND colder weather.

Fulton is much much better than last year. I have Fulton by 27. The teams have some games one could look at to give a better understanding of how this game should play out. Gibbs lost to Fulton 48-10, Gibbs beat Grainger 31-12. Fulton Beat Carter twice. 53-0, and 55-0, Carter beat Grainger 48-14, Greeneville beat Grainger 48-7, Fulton beat Greeeneville 42-14. This does not mean crap I know, but my money is going to be on Fulton. Just because they can score and score quick from many different angles. Wilson Cates was a great player and that team was destined to win. Great story.

From my old school days.

The Wildcats from Livingston Academy will not be gracious host to the high flying Fulton Falcons from the NorthEast side of the K-Town. The Falcons from Fulton make that long trek down I-40 to take on the old HogEye of Livingston Academy. While the Wildcats are on a 5 game winning streak and looking to catch the Falcons sleeping in the nest, the Falcons are looking to keep their 3 game wins going. Physical up front will be the way that will have to carry the Wildcats to get the upset, but Falcons just fly much much faster and get their prey before you know it. Fulton by 27.