Top 6A teams for 2013

BKisler

Talking about a 16 yr old kid .... Wow I guess that makes you look real smart doesn't it ... I'm sure there's some middle school kids having trouble in school that you could let everybody know about , maybe you could find out how the pee wees are all doing in spelling for us too !!

I didn't say anything bad about Prevo in any way. Did I say he was stupid, no. Did I say he was a slacker, no... I've known the kid since he was in pee wees & this has been a recurring problem for him. Personally, I WANT to see him pass his classes & get his head on straight so he doesn't have to go the JUCO route. There have been too many talented kids go nowhere because of their grades. I saw it happen when I was in high school to a number of good guys that could have went to the next level for both us as well as Alcoa & had multiple teammates in college suffer the same fate. Wasted talent is always a shame, but seeing that I was told this info from one of the coaches what does that make them?

So get off your high horse & take it for what it is. I bleed Maryville all day-every day & continue to contribute my time & money to the school I love. I'm sure the people at LC hated to see Patrick not in uniform this year & I would be heartbroken if it happened to Prevo. So don't get all butt hurt that I mentioned the kid might be on shaky ground.

I didn't say anything bad about Prevo in any way. Did I say he was stupid, no. Did I say he was a slacker, no... I've known the kid since he was in pee wees & this has been a recurring problem for him. Personally, I WANT to see him pass his classes & get his head on straight so he doesn't have to go the JUCO route. There have been too many talented kids go nowhere because of their grades. I saw it happen when I was in high school to a number of good guys that could have went to the next level for both us as well as Alcoa & had multiple teammates in college suffer the same fate. Wasted talent is always a shame, but seeing that I was told this info from one of the coaches what does that make them?

So get off your high horse & take it for what it is. I bleed Maryville all day-every day & continue to contribute my time & money to the school I love. I'm sure the people at LC hated to see Patrick not in uniform this year & I would be heartbroken if it happened to Prevo. So don't get all butt hurt that I mentioned the kid might be on shaky ground.

I pull for ALL the Rebels .... that means I don't go post every little negative rumor I hear about a High School kid ... You don't Butt hurt me one bit there Jsamson , and I just think I'll stay on my " High Horse " while I walk through this Crap you're spreading around on a public Message Board about a High School Junior that has busted his #### for the Red & Black !

Well thanks for the advice guys , but at Maryville we do things a little different , like showing respect to all of our Rebels by not looking for ways to talk them down. We don't Waller in negativity like you guys apparently do , I've seen you bash your team / coach non stop all year Gov91 , I bet if Prevo was playing for the Govs and had been a big part of 2 State championships you wouldn't want negative "rumors " being thrown out either . I think it is tacky and Classless for a grown man to be talking about a high school Jr's " rumored " grades in a public forum .... I have a right to voice my opinion just like jsampson did ... I stood quietly by as the Negative nancies bombed The university of Tennessee non stop from 1999-2008 because Phil Fulmer had the nerve to not win a National Championship every year , look where Tn is now ... I'm not going to quietly watch others dig for something negative on the most successful high school football team in the state just because they're bored , if you don't like that , too bad .

I definitely do not want to get into the middle of any murvil smearing campaign - GO REBELS,,,so lets talk about alcoa. :roflol:

This talk about grades/missed opportunities reminded me of a discussion I had over the holidays about Mr. Randall Cobb. IMO - he has been extremely successful and to my knowledge is a great guy. Good for him! But, how many former players can folks think of that were better football players in high school at alcoa (or anywhere else for that matter) that never got the opportunity or didn't take advantage of the opportunity given to them. I remember Mr. Cobb being very, very good in high school, but was he better than ...(you pick).

Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming Mr. Cobb. IMO - It's great that he has done so much. I just wonder whether or not some of those other former players also had the talent to set some NFL records.

I definitely do not want to get into the middle of any murvil smearing campaign - GO REBELS,,,so lets talk about alcoa. :roflol:

This talk about grades/missed opportunities reminded me of a discussion I had over the holidays about Mr. Randall Cobb. IMO - he has been extremely successful and to my knowledge is a great guy. Good for him! But, how many former players can folks think of that were better football players in high school at alcoa (or anywhere else for that matter) that never got the opportunity or didn't take advantage of the opportunity given to them. I remember Mr. Cobb being very, very good in high school, but was he better than ...(you pick).

Don't get me wrong, I am not slamming Mr. Cobb. IMO - It's great that he has done so much. I just wonder whether or not some of those other former players also had the talent to set some NFL records.

Yes they did Strong, yes they did... Randall wasn't even the most talented guy Alcoa had on those teams, but he was by far the hardest worker & most dedicated. I had this same discussion with Stephen Shriver the other day about Brian Sommers & how he could have easily been on the list of guys to make it to the next level out of that stellar Blount County collection. It’s a shame about him too, he had South Carolina all over him up until the "incident" at school & even when he got his 2nd chance at UT Martin Shiver said he got into more trouble there. You can look at all of those guys for Alcoa (Brandon, Dustin, Ray, & Shiverdecker) who had a shot at the next level & most of them blew it for one reason or another... Personally, I thought Shiverdecker was the most talented out of that group, but all of those guys were absolute STUDS & if Prevo doesn’t buckle down he will be the next in that line.

Thanks for you the other guys on here for backing me up, I'm a Rebel for life & no matter how much I love my school I will never be accused of wearing the Red & Black colored glasses. I call it like it is & if my fellow Rebel supporters have a problem with that, then come see me & we can deal with it like men. I've known Prevo since he was in midgets & have watched his age group grow up over the years so I have a vested interest in seeing them succeed. I know the staff at Maryville (especially Coach Waters) have been working with him & I can't say enough about how much those coaches care about their players from the feeder teams all the way to GQ himself.

That being the case, you can only lead a horse to water so to speak & the rest is up to them. It's not like its some big secret about what I mentioned any way as a ton of people have told me the same thing (this time it was a coach). My hunch is Prevo screws his butt down to his desk over the next few months & leaves any doubt about his eligibility out of the question. My whole point in initially saying what I did was to include Prevo amongst the top players in 2013 with the caveat he doesn't end up like Patrick.

Yes they did Strong, yes they did... Randall wasn't even the most talented guy Alcoa had on those teams, but he was by far the hardest worker & most dedicated. I had this same discussion with Stephen Shriver the other day about Brian Sommers & how he could have easily been on the list of guys to make it to the next level out of that stellar Blount County collection. It’s a shame about him too, he had South Carolina all over him up until the "incident" at school & even when he got his 2nd chance at UT Martin Shiver said he got into more trouble there. You can look at all of those guys for Alcoa (Brandon, Dustin, Ray, & Shiverdecker) who had a shot at the next level & most of them blew it for one reason or another... Personally, I thought Shiverdecker was the most talented out of that group, but all of those guys were absolute STUDS & if Prevo doesn’t buckle down he will be the next in that line.

Thanks for you the other guys on here for backing me up, I'm a Rebel for life & no matter how much I love my school I will never be accused of wearing the Red & Black colored glasses. I call it like it is & if my fellow Rebel supporters have a problem with that, then come see me & we can deal with it like men. I've known Prevo since he was in midgets & have watched his age group grow up over the years so I have a vested interest in seeing them succeed. I know the staff at Maryville (especially Coach Waters) have been working with him & I can't say enough about how much those coaches care about their players from the feeder teams all the way to GQ himself.

That being the case, you can only lead a horse to water so to speak & the rest is up to them. It's not like its some big secret about what I mentioned any way as a ton of people have told me the same thing (this time it was a coach). My hunch is Prevo screws his butt down to his desk over the next few months & leaves any doubt about his eligibility out of the question. My whole point in initially saying what I did was to include Prevo amongst the top players in 2013 with the caveat he doesn't end up like Patrick.

" Handling it like men " ..... so in your mind you think men handle things by typing things out on a Message board about a 16yr old kid ? You say you know him ... well most men would go up to the young man and voice any concerns he has to him to his face ... not tell everyone across the State about a rumor they heard ... Name drop all you want , the only kid you're telling it like it is , is Prevo .... why doesn't your " Manly advice " extend to others ? Maybe when you're a little older and have your own kids who are 16 yrs old you'll understand better why you wouldn't like some guy like you bashing his 16 yr old kid on a Public Message board .

Well thanks for the advice guys , but at Maryville we do things a little different , like showing respect to all of our Rebels by not looking for ways to talk them down. We don't Waller in negativity like you guys apparently do , I've seen you bash your team / coach non stop all year Gov91 , I bet if Prevo was playing for the Govs and had been a big part of 2 State championships you wouldn't want negative "rumors " being thrown out either . I think it is tacky and Classless for a grown man to be talking about a high school Jr's " rumored " grades in a public forum .... I have a right to voice my opinion just like jsampson did ... I stood quietly by as the Negative nancies bombed The university of Tennessee non stop from 1999-2008 because Phil Fulmer had the nerve to not win a National Championship every year , look where Tn is now ... I'm not going to quietly watch others dig for something negative on the most successful high school football team in the state just because they're bored , if you don't like that , too bad .

i'll agree that its tacky for a grown man to put kids down, however i really dont think he meant to do that . as i said it seems that he wants the kid to succeed. i'll also agree it might have been a bad idea to post that on the board, but i can relate because i'm the type of person who always manages to put my foot in my mouth. also i have been critical of the coach, not the kids, but now thats not an issue anymore.