South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

LOPAO........................feller, ain't nobody irreplaceable! Coach Vic did a good job. The fueding program is..........bigger than the high school head coach. Fact is Don never wanted the little league program in SP and the Griders never participated in the little league. The founding fellers that initially started the little fellers deserve a huge thank you. Point here is the whole futeball program is largely responsible for the success of the high school program not just the head coach. Look at the other three major sports baseball and basketball. The baseball has been relatively successful with solid summer ball. The basketball is terrible and has no off season league that teaches the game. Youngons today ain't going to get out in the heat and play basketball at the courts like back-n-the day!

Just who is responsible for the little fellers rise?

Old Pirate can remember Ted Scharer and some others in maybe the mid to late seventies- early eighties. Figure theys maybe some fellers that knows more. The fellers hangout back-n-the day was Sue's Snack Bar on what is now part of Moss Motors. Us fellers yapped about that sort of stuff and the Korea & Nam days. Don lived down by the 5 way red light then, on the corner.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Piratemike, what kind of mess is this? I stopped by Foodland this morning and this man told me that other Grider man is not going to be Griders replacement. Do you no if anyone is training our boys right now for spring training? Our boys will be way behind. You think im joking but im not.

Where have you been, Roy? To my knowledge Coach Heath was never in the running.

Old Pirate can remember Ted Scharer and some others in maybe the mid to late seventies- early eighties. Figure theys maybe some fellers that knows more. The fellers hangout back-n-the day was Sue's Snack Bar on what is now part of Moss Motors. Us fellers yapped about that sort of stuff and the Korea & Nam days. Don lived down by the 5 way red light then, on the corner.

OP,are you speaking of Mr.Scharer who was a postman back in the day and had 2 sons,Bobby and Teddy Scharer?

Pirate Mike, I will give my two cents worth. I believe we as SP fans owe a big thanks to many of the little league and middle school guys through the years for the success of these high school teams. Maybe you disagree, but I believe those little guys are pretty important to our success.

I completely agree that it starts with the little fellers. I also believe it takes a great high school staff to keep that championship goal in sight when they become teenagers. There are a whole lot more distractions between the ages of 14-18. I watched Jasper little league produce some talent in the little league the past couple of years but then seen it take a plunge at the high school level. That in part is because of the many coaching changes and inconsistency for the kids that actually hung around long enough to play football for the warriors. Others moved to private schools or quit altogether. Their focus shifted directions when they got the new little league baseball facilities. Baseball then became their focal point. My point is, we have a chance to be somewhat dominant in multi sports over the next 10 years because of the involvement created by a couple of SP alumni headed by Stone. If we make too many changes I hope that group of kids don't decide to move on elsewhere like what happened to Jasper.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

You are an old man OP and ought to know Pirate football didn't start till the ninties.... Some of that old Sue's bunch was a pure sight to behold.

OP,are you speaking of Mr.Scharer who was a postman back in the day and had 2 sons,Bobby and Teddy Scharer?

Recon so.....the skillet slingers weren't supportive of teaching them younguns earholing back then. Don not being in support the youngons practiced mostly at the parks. Pert near sure them mid eighties teams that were state contenders were some of the initial little fellers.

You are an old man OP and ought to know Pirate football didn't start till the ninties.... Some of that old Sue's bunch was a pure sight to behold.

Dad burnit feller, Old Pirate says that's all these youngons knows. LOPAO.....jest testing here LOPOWOAO.......hum....figure that jest cause a tad of thought, yep recon so......

In celebration of the day I thought I'd take a nice siesta several times today. Btw I hope the frontrunner for our new coach enjoyed his Mexican meal the other night.

oh no not the Mexican!! I had heard it was someone else. Roy ain't gonna like it if Grider hires PowerP 's friend, instead.