South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

That ole team I played with had em from Hemlock,The Mountain, Swedon Cove, New Hope, Richard City, Down Town, Kimball, and even one or two from the Gizzard....quess that whats called a diversified group of younguns. Hear tale there was a heap of earholing going on out in Swedon Cove back in the day.

I was with that Richard City bunch and when I think of some of the hits I took over the years it makes my spine tingle. It's no wonder alot of us oldtimers have trouble getting our gears in motion in the morning's. I'm alright once I get going but the starting is the biggest problem..BTW Grider is just leading us all on guy's. He know's who the coach is but I guess he's laughing at all of us coaches on coacht.. BTW also ole Vic and Heath were pretty good basketball players in the day also. I remember going out to there house on Sunday's after church and they had a goal about eight foot high and we'd have a slam session of a game. We'd have about 20 people waiting in line to play and now you can't hardly get a game of three on three. Ole Don use to watch us out there and the games had more football rough house play than actual BB..Those were the good old day's youngon's..

Recon so, Old Pirate sees a few still cheering th Pirates on, gets fewer every year with the skillet attacks & Code Blues making us older fellers heros......

Old Pirate, you seem like a person who has good insight - you think Roy Dillard would consider coming to Smith County to take Coach Maynords place? He would be able to bring several assistants with him. I'm sure he would bring some of the CoachT buddies to help him coach. Lot of places to buy Red Bull and Fudge Rounds in this area.

Well I hate to burst some people's bubble but its 100% not Stone. Atleast not at South Pittsburg. He was informed however, that he is a top 3 finalist at North Jackson and will be interviewing soon. SP might have a few coaches to replace before its all over. I hate it because the SP job was "The Job" for him but they want to go outside the program and bring somebody else in. Whoever said the hay is in the barn was correct. I'm sure he will do a fine job of carrying on the "P".

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Old Pirate, you seem like a person who has good insight - you think Roy Dillard would consider coming to Smith County to take Coach Maynords place? He would be able to bring several assistants with him. I'm sure he would bring some of the CoachT buddies to help him coach. Lot of places to buy Red Bull and Fudge Rounds in this area.

LMBO, that's funny.

Well I hate to burst some people's bubble but its 100% not Stone. Atleast not at South Pittsburg. He was informed however, that he is a top 3 finalist at North Jackson and will be interviewing soon. SP might have a few coaches to replace before its all over. I hate it because the SP job was "The Job" for him but they want to go outside the program and bring somebody else in. Whoever said the hay is in the barn was correct. I'm sure he will do a fine job of carrying on the "P".

Well That Definately Sux....

I'm waiting to hear the final verdict. Stone at NJ? Wow that's a shocker to me. Just don't see him going over the border but crazier thing's have happened. I hope he doesn't bc he is a true Pirate as well as all his family. I'd sure hate to lose them. As many of you SP know we lost a good family that was true Pirates years ago and now there wearing two other school colors.. I really hate that but I guess it's like the business world,what can you do for me now? Guess we'll all see.