South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

i see no major differences in what we want, i am an outsider and know matter what will always be because thats the way it is in small towns, i grew up in one also and Mr. Burley no doubt you are a bigger raider fan than I but i am not a part of a circus, I love football and i love my players. I do believe that you can have fun and be successfual all in the same time. it keeps our coaches and players loose before and during the game.

All i am saying that you being a life long raider know what kind of man that runs the marion county bunch. he is a winner and driven to be the best. South pitt should make sure that they get someonw that will match mac's intensity. Marion county will not be awesome next year or the next but they will get better each year and south pitt should hire someone that will make south pitt better each year also...you fight fire with fire or you lose

i see no major differences in what we want, i am an outsider and know matter what will always be because thats the way it is in small towns, i grew up in one also and Mr. Burley no doubt you are a bigger raider fan than I but i am not a part of a circus, I love football and i love my players. I do believe that you can have fun and be successfual all in the same time. it keeps our coaches and players loose before and during the game.

All i am saying that you being a life long raider know what kind of man that runs the marion county bunch. he is a winner and driven to be the best. South pitt should make sure that they get someonw that will match mac's intensity. Marion county will not be awesome next year or the next but they will get better each year and south pitt should hire someone that will make south pitt better each year also...you fight fire with fire or you lose

Alright... understood. Not a parent either. I will be honest then coach. I didn't apperciate that 55-21 score that was put on us back in 01. Nothing wrong with letting players enjoy the game and a win but sometimes showing class and respect can along way in leading teenagers. Best of luck.

volsrock is a raider but is not supposed to not have an opinion on the general state of coaching football in Tennessee. Mr. Burley has never been a fan of the dancing bear and that is ok also. I believe in logic and common sense and i am smart enough to know just how dumb i am. I do think hiring a quality coach is not that difficult, as far as a "snake oil salesman" people will have to make their own interpertation of that...just awful to hear people talk about you in general or specific terms...i sale no bag of goods other than tell what i think is an honest opinion of football....burley, and i have no idea who you are except you are not a fan, you know where i work and where i coach and probably where i live...if we have business to discuss you know where to find me...no big deal...sorry certain people do not live up to your standards of coaching.....in the famous words of Abraham Lincoln onced stated: "great things may come to those that wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." I probably heard that in one of the movies also,between the time i was selling snake oil......10-1 was not good enough for you last year and i can tell you that it was not for me either, or my family or players either

LOPAO....now feller don't think OP was talking about you, cause have no clue who you are. OP point is simply theys a HEEP of fellers that are talkers.....

I could not agree more mr. burley, that was 12 years ago when i was a much younger 36. I have tried to learn and mature as i have gotten older and try not to do those things anymore, i have had 70 points put on me several times and it is no fun....if i could go back and do it different i certainly would. I work with some guys everyday that coached on that team and i am ashamed of what i did and have apologized more than once...that still does not make it right!

Alright... understood. Not a parent either. I will be honest then coach. I didn't apperciate that 55-21 score that was put on us back in 01. Nothing wrong with letting players enjoy the game and a win but sometimes showing class and respect can along way in leading teenagers. Best of luck.

Feller, recon you ain't likely to care for any program that puts up 40+ points. Pert near sure the youngons will be jest fine with a 34 point defeat by a superior team. It's the mommas & daddys that don't like it the most. As the "Ole Ball Coach" would say....it's the other teams job to stop them! Obviously there are situations that sometimes dictate sending in the water boy, ball boy and managers to perhaps hold down scoring. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Pegleg, let me ask you a question. Has Grider had you flying around to pick up anymore coaches to bring them down here to interview? I was talking to a man in Ronnies red eye Friday night and he told me that Grider was not going to have us a coach before spring training started. Is this mess true? How are our boys going to have spring training if they dont have a durn coach? This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

I understand you have been interviewing some coaching prospects at " Ronnie Red Eyes" bar and grill.

I understand you have been interviewing some coaching prospects at " Ronnie Red Eyes" bar and grill.

Pegleg, I just talk to this man in Ronnies red eye while I drink my red bulls and he told me Grider has not got us a durn coach yet because he is still coaching girls softball. What kind of mess is this? Is Grider going to try and get a football coach that coaches softball to? Grider is really going to mess our boys up if he does not have us a coach for spring training. Our boys are not going to be prepared for our first game. You think im joking but im not.

What kind of mess is this? I was talking to a man at Ronnies red eye tonight when I was drinking some of my red bulls and he is a fire fighter. That man said you fight fire with water, not fire. I garuntee you this is a bunch of mess. Are you a coach somewhere? Grider better not hire you if you think you fight fire with fire and not water. You think im joking but im not.

Not selling Mr. A, just tired of a lot of things that seem to have no logic or reasoning behind them. I do understand as my wife tells me those two things are usually the last thing to be used in the decision making process. Just seems like if you needed brain surgery you would want the best you could afford and not a guy that graduated last in his class, still a doctor, but obviously has other things on his plate.....I would not hire someone just getting started and I would not want someone that is not one of the best at what they do.... I don't care how much cousin Fred would like to operate on me and he got his degree from Belize I would try to get someone better.....was that the best guy out of the 140 applicants I would have to believe if u gathered Roy and yourself and a few others for a meetinat Hardee's and looked at all the resumes without any names u would come to a different conclusion....same things go on everywhere else but sp has a history to get a good one and I do not consider myself in that group ....everyone deserves their chance but given the choice of someone with no wins as opposed to someone that had 50 ....100......150.....or 200 wins you go with the guy with 0......this should have been done in a month tops...the really great part is that you can get by with an average guy and get by with tradition for a while....why settle, that is my only question...Mac has won more than 200 plus games and you better fine someone that can go toe to toe with him....I would think most pirates would want to bear mc each year and win state, no sure in which order

Not selling Mr. A, just tired of a lot of things that seem to have no logic or reasoning behind them. I do understand as my wife tells me those two things are usually the last thing to be used in the decision making process. Just seems like if you needed brain surgery you would want the best you could afford and not a guy that graduated last in his class, still a doctor, but obviously has other things on his plate.....I would not hire someone just getting started and I would not want someone that is not one of the best at what they do.... I don't care how much cousin Fred would like to operate on me and he got his degree from Belize I would try to get someone better.....was that the best guy out of the 140 applicants I would have to believe if u gathered Roy and yourself and a few others for a meetinat Hardee's and looked at all the resumes without any names u would come to a different conclusion....same things go on everywhere else but sp has a history to get a good one and I do not consider myself in that group ....everyone deserves their chance but given the choice of someone with no wins as opposed to someone that had 50 ....100......150.....or 200 wins you go with the guy with 0......this should have been done in a month tops...the really great part is that you can get by with an average guy and get by with tradition for a while....why settle, that is my only question...Mac has won more than 200 plus games and you better fine someone that can go toe to toe with him....I would think most pirates would want to bear mc each year and win state, no sure in which order

I understand what you are saying but you leave out one very important variable. Money. Teacher pay in Marion County is among the lowest in the state. Most of those "big name" coaches are making as much, if not more, than the principals at our high schools. I'd venture to say that some of the elite public school coaches in the state make more money than our superintendent. A high profile coach would have to make a conscience decision to take a cut in pay to come into our county. That's a tough decision to make, especially for someone with a family. The other factor in play here is an open position. There are a couple of guys that are potentially moving into administration, but they haven't moved yet. The three high schools in the county are all in the same boat... They can't afford to "create" teaching positions jus so a new coach and coaching staff can be brought in.

You are right, on paper this should be a easy and quick hire because it is a high profile job. The problem that Vic has is that he has to fill that high profile position with some of the worst teacher pay in the state. That's a tough sell.