South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

why does everyone dance around the subject of your next head football coach:

1. be a head coach with a proven track record of success

2. having won region or district championships

3. having won atleast one state championship and hopefully two

4. Is familiar with and knows the history of competing on the 1A level or higher

5. Will be great to the kids and get even more kids out and keep some from going to MC

6. You need the guy to be an offensive guy unless he is going to bring alot of assistants in, your remaining coaches strength is on the defensive side of the ball

7. someone that will work with the youth programs to counter coach Mac's influence

8. someone that the kids will have fun playing for, in the good old days the coach competed against cutting tobacco, picking up hay...todays they fight ipods, ipads, madden, nba basketball, 70 inch big screen tvs and girls that at a young age look to be very adult, many have no father figure, sometimes not mother figure and friends that love to get into trouble., part of coaching football is being a good salesman, you compete against alot of outside obstacles that fight for kiids attention

9. Someone that can teach in the classroom like they do on the football field, atleast a little bit because if the coach does not win alot it will not matter how many students are touched by their teaching skills in the classroom, winning does matter no matter what people say

If for some reason you cannot get someone for the money you are offering and it just happens to be that none of the 140 appicants fulfill the 7 above qualifications, i call bull hockey if atleast 10 did not, you go to the next rung on the ladder:

offensive or defensive coordinators that have a solid reputation and want to be a head coach

an inside hire, which i do not think is going to happen

someone out of state in which unless they have just started coaching will have several years towards retirement and will eventually go back to that state to finish out their career to qualify for their retirement, unless of course they are wealthy and makes this point moot anyway, moot always makes me think of the reverend jesse jackson, he was big on moot

bottom line: treat this just like you would a big time college job or any caeer that you wanted the best

everyone wants a guy that is going to stay forever and that is a good thing. the last hire you got a hire that lasted less than two months, you will just not have many coaches going to south pitt to then try to get a better job somewhere else, history says that you have more chances to play for a state championship there than any other team in the state, single a or otherwise...you just dont go there to leave....duh!

why does everyone dance around the subject of your next head football coach:

1. be a head coach with a proven track record of success

2. having won region or district championships

3. having won atleast one state championship and hopefully two

4. Is familiar with and knows the history of competing on the 1A level or higher

5. Will be great to the kids and get even more kids out and keep some from going to MC

6. You need the guy to be an offensive guy unless he is going to bring alot of assistants in, your remaining coaches strength is on the defensive side of the ball

7. someone that will work with the youth programs to counter coach Mac's influence

8. someone that the kids will have fun playing for, in the good old days the coach competed against cutting tobacco, picking up hay...todays they fight ipods, ipads, madden, nba basketball, 70 inch big screen tvs and girls that at a young age look to be very adult, many have no father figure, sometimes not mother figure and friends that love to get into trouble., part of coaching football is being a good salesman, you compete against alot of outside obstacles that fight for kiids attention

9. Someone that can teach in the classroom like they do on the football field, atleast a little bit because if the coach does not win alot it will not matter how many students are touched by their teaching skills in the classroom, winning does matter no matter what people say

If for some reason you cannot get someone for the money you are offering and it just happens to be that none of the 140 appicants fulfill the 7 above qualifications, i call bull hockey if atleast 10 did not, you go to the next rung on the ladder:

offensive or defensive coordinators that have a solid reputation and want to be a head coach

an inside hire, which i do not think is going to happen

someone out of state in which unless they have just started coaching will have several years towards retirement and will eventually go back to that state to finish out their career to qualify for their retirement, unless of course they are wealthy and makes this point moot anyway, moot always makes me think of the reverend jesse jackson, he was big on moot

bottom line: treat this just like you would a big time college job or any caeer that you wanted the best

everyone wants a guy that is going to stay forever and that is a good thing. the last hire you got a hire that lasted less than two months, you will just not have many coaches going to south pitt to then try to get a better job somewhere else, history says that you have more chances to play for a state championship there than any other team in the state, single a or otherwise...you just dont go there to leave....duh!

I can tell that you have a real passion for this job. Do you feel that you have a chance at landing it? You bring up some really good points.

Here is a sign if u got the right man for the job: he should not have to be courted or lured to take the pirate job. The number one thing should always be that he wants to be there in the first place. If it takes extra money, a car allowance, or any other promises that the administration is totally behind them......if u buy someone know u will b paying forever and eventually that someone will leave because that is how they came n the first place.....it should not be like a dating.....football is an amazing sport to coach,it does turn boys to men and teaches that things like hard work and staying the course when times r hard is worth it......the seniors can b a special group and take pride n overcoming adversity. Your first words from your new coach is that I would have fought to get here and I've always wanted to b a pirate.....that is what I would want in my sons coach and n the end u want a guy that coaches every kid like they were their own! No more, no less

Here is a sign if u got the right man for the job: he should not have to be courted or lured to take the pirate job. The number one thing should always be that he wants to be there in the first place. If it takes extra money, a car allowance, or any other promises that the administration is totally behind them......if u buy someone know u will b paying forever and eventually that someone will leave because that is how they came n the first place.....it should not be like a dating.....football is an amazing sport to coach,it does turn boys to men and teaches that things like hard work and staying the course when times r hard is worth it......the seniors can b a special group and take pride n overcoming adversity. Your first words from your new coach is that I would have fought to get here and I've always wanted to b a pirate.....that is what I would want in my sons coach and n the end u want a guy that coaches every kid like they were their own! No more, no less

So did you apply?

+1

if I get anything This week I will let you know.

Pegleg, let me ask you a question. Has Grider had you flying around to pick up anymore coaches to bring them down here to interview? I was talking to a man in Ronnies red eye Friday night and he told me that Grider was not going to have us a coach before spring training started. Is this mess true? How are our boys going to have spring training if they dont have a durn coach? This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.