9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I agree with Hurd that Beech was the best team, but even with Chowbay, I just don't think MJ was 2nd best

Really sorry to hear that. Injuries have turned 9AAA on its ear.  When the two best teams in the district each lose their best player, the whole district takes a hit.  9AAA has lost a lot of firepower.  Should make for a crazy year.

I agree Beech was #1 in district with Hurd in, but I don't think MJ was 2nd best in district even with Chowbay. Their first two wins weren't very impressive. They can still have a good year, but they have work to do.

Hville defeats Lebanon 24-6 behind 136 yds from FB Corey Jones. Special teams was big with 2 blocked punts (one for a TD), a Justin Orr 47 yd punt return for a TD and a Bryce Deguira Fg. Same story for Lebanon as the MJ game, played tough for 3 qtrs then tired in the 4th. The big Rb Davis left the game late in the 3rd qtr with cramps after gaining 92 yds at that point. Not the Commandos best effort with 2 turnovers and numerous penalties but I'll take a win. Need to get a lot better before playing Brentwood next week.

Hville completes the sweep on Lebanon as the freshmen win 35-0 and the JV win 7-6.

On a better note, our Portland JV lost to Wilson Central last night 18-14. We were actually playing for the win with a minute to go and just came up short. Course we did have a 95 yard pick 6 called back for a personal foul that took the wind out of their sails for a minute, and it was the right call. Thats the 3rd pick 6 in almost a year(1 to Gallatin last year, 1 to Westmoreland this year)  that we lost and they say bad things happen in 3's so maybe we got that out of our system.

Good week to get work done this week before we face Greenbrier this Friday night. Praying for a safe game for everyone. 

Beech JV beat Gallatin 28-21 and Beech freshman got the sweep with a 30-24 win. Lots of factors in this game but remember the name VanZant for Beech. The brothers had a good night on the ground for both. The younger one can really go.

this is very surprising, considering how much I had heard about Gallatin's freshman class. Do some of their best not play in the freshman games?

Tandem, the starting freshman QB had to play in the JV game some. The JV QB got sick on the field and was not the same afterwards. He took a hard shot out of bounds and he did not play the freshman game. Also the two runningback/ defensive backs had to play in the JV game as well but by the 3rd quarter of the freshman game were pretty much done. One had a beautiful cross the field run for about 80+ yards for the tying score but a stupid crack back block brought it back to the 30. That coupled with a multitude of missed tackles. The younger VanZant can fly. He is very fast. Not much imagination on the Gallatin side but may have been because of the backup QB. He played pretty well though. They just have to learn to play together and tackle better.