3. Greenback 1-0 87 -
4. Moore County 1-0 86 -
5. Humboldt 1-0 76 -
6. Dresden 1-0 64 -
7. Gordonsville 0-1 63 -
8. Nashville Christian School 1-0 39 -
(tie) Cloudland (1) 1-0 39 -
10. Jo Byrns 0-0 33 -
Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Union City 23.

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good to me outside of Gordonsville being in the top 10.  I think that they just lost too much from last year.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will come down to Coalfield and SP at some point and the home team will win. Its hard to beat SP anywhere, esp at their place. It sounds like they have reloaded like always and will be good again. I hope to see this match up take place and I hope that I only have to travel to Coalfield.

No, no, no. It's Coalfield's turn to come to SP if they meet up. LOL

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. Coalfield (10) 1-0 144 -

2. South Pittsburg (4) 1-0 131 -

3. Greenback 1-0 87 -

4. Moore County 1-0 86 -

5. Humboldt 1-0 76 -

6. Dresden 1-0 64 -

7. Gordonsville 0-1 63 -

8. Nashville Christian School 1-0 39 -

(tie) Cloudland (1) 1-0 39 -

10. Jo Byrns 0-0 33 -

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Union City 23.

Thoughts?

Looks pretty good to me outside of Gordonsville being in the top 10.  I think that they just lost too much from last year.

Granted, Gordonsville is not where they have been the last 3 years, but I think before it's said and done, people will realize upperman is better than what was thought.

We'll see.

I think this Gville team is about like the 09 team, and they were a Quarterfinal team.

And as usual one of those teams will put the other two out and possibly miss out on the two best playing for it all!

The last two years, the best two in 1A played for it all..... except maybe two years ago.  Huntingdon and Gordonsville last year were the best two.  Two years ago Wayne Co. and S. Pitt played for it all but a lot of people think the quarterfinal game between Huntingdon and Wayne Co. was the best two.  Heard this from a lot of the Wayne Co. people. 

The last two years, the best two in 1A played for it all..... except maybe two years ago.  Huntingdon and Gordonsville last year were the best two.  Two years ago Wayne Co. and S. Pitt played for it all but a lot of people think the quarterfinal game between Huntingdon and Wayne Co. was the best two.  Heard this from a lot of the Wayne Co. people.

Bigpurplemachine... I'm starting to think your a closet Mustang fan. Come on over from the Dark Side!

You are correct sir. The Championship game last year was great besides the outcome, and the Wayne co./ Huntingdon game was one of the hardest hitting game I've seen in a long time.