Clinton vs. Oak Ridge

boyfromsi

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Goveners91 is Govman still around? Thought he had some sickness in his family a while back, hope everything is OK. He is one Class Act! We all should be so nice.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I haven't seen him post much on here in awhile but he was calling the game last week. I wasn't aware of the sickness in his family, I hope everything is ok. He is a really nice guy though, gave me and a couple of guys chick -f-la sandwiches before the game last week.He told us "you didn't get these from me" haha

Alumni players walking the steps tomorrow night lead by Jackie Pope  and a LARGER number of players dressed out. Pre-game party for the middle schoolers and youth teams. Lots of excitement! Hopefully an early crowd to honor the former WIldcats. Friday night football against a great rival. Make some noise!

Oak Ridge 45

Clinton 7

Edited by OR nole

I was talking to a Norris Middle football players dad and he said they were playing Jefferson on a Monday ....  Who is better Jefferson or Robertsville?

Robertsville is better, but like boyfromsi said Jefferson is getting better. Went to some of the Robertsville vs Clinton Middle game tonight. 37-0 at the start of the 4th when i left. Robertsville had already subbed a lot. Probably could've been worse. Robertsville has some awesome talent. Kwayu's son put on a show. One run was just spectacular. Reversed field and ran 50 some odd yards. Just blew by Clinton's whole team. Clinton didn't look to have much talent. Few kids looked pretty good. Had some big lineman, though. That was about it.

Again since the topic of past players being at the game I was curious about the years 2002-2003 2003-2004, 2004-2005. Those were the Cory Booker and spencer Gulmire years. Does anyone agree with me that Oak Ridge should have played in the state championship game all three of those years? If not all three the last two for sure. They made it there in 2005 as any real fan knows.I am in no way wanting to start a coach bashing conversation. I just am wondering if any one agrees Riverdale ended the run both of those years we didn't go. I will never forget the snow storm of the 03-04 school year. The end of that game was without doubt one of the most exciting high school football I remember ever seeing. And the state championship game was so close and the rain kinda shut down the passing game I have always wondered if the had put the Coffee kid in at QB if things might have turned out different. That is certainly not a knock on the Gulmire QB he had a great year but with the passing game not in play they pretty much shut Spencer down with that hoss linebacker they had. I think with Coffee in at QB There would have been two dangerous ball carriers with access to the ball if that might have been enough. Oh well we will never know will we lol. Just giving a bit of praise for that era.

.Roll Cats Roll

Since some middle school conversation broke out I was wondering about Jefferson. Do they still have the same coaching staff they had 2 years ago? I guess I am asking about school year 2011-2012.

No, coach Wilson took over last year.  We were discussing Middle school because of the games tonight and people were wondering.

Again since the topic of past players being at the game I was curious about the years 2002-2003 2003-2004, 2004-2005. Those were the Cory Booker and spencer Gulmire years. Does anyone agree with me that Oak Ridge should have played in the state championship game all three of those years? If not all three the last two for sure. They made it there in 2005 as any real fan knows.I am in no way wanting to start a coach bashing conversation. I just am wondering if any one agrees Riverdale ended the run both of those years we didn't go. I will never forget the snow storm of the 03-04 school year. The end of that game was without doubt one of the most exciting high school football I remember ever seeing. And the state championship game was so close and the rain kinda shut down the passing game I have always wondered if the had put the Coffee kid in at QB if things might have turned out different. That is certainly not a knock on the Gulmire QB he had a great year but with the passing game not in play they pretty much shut Spencer down with that hoss linebacker they had. I think with Coffee in at QB There would have been two dangerous ball carriers with access to the ball if that might have been enough. Oh well we will never know will we lol. Just giving a bit of praise for that era.

.Roll Cats Roll

Hard to say really, but this is the Clinton / OR game thread.  Middle school games are one thing, but rehashing the past is quite another.