Greenback travels to Oneida

orngnblk

Have missed this rivalry since mine has moved on!! Now O&B and I keep in touch a few times a week about the Cheokees and of course I do what I can to get a jab or two in on here. I've been watching this thread and have noticed that some Onieda fans are concerned about the youth of the team. How many freshmen and sophomores does the tribe have starting?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I somewhat know the feeling as well...I didn't go to the state game in 1987. The reason being I was 5 years old an mom & dad(asst. fb coach) asked if I wanted to go to the game or go to nanny & papaw's, so what young kid isn't going to pick their grandparents. To this day I regret not going. But came close to having a redo in 1992 as a manager that year, but Oneida put a stop to that during the semifinals...at the time I couldn't get over how big the QB(Stan Pennington) was for Oneida, he looked like a giant to a young kid.

Stan "The Man" Pennington wasn't the biggest kid on the squad that year either. The OL and DL were huge for a 1a.

I will never pull for a team the way that I will be pulling for you guys this week. Please destroy them!

I edidnt want to post anything else on the 2A poll topic,but thanks for the nice words.The linemen from GB had nothing but nice things to say about your line as well a lot of respect from some great competitors!

If Greenback can go to Coalfield and win like they did then they are my new favorite to win 1A.

Great compliment though...put don't go there just yet, still a lot of football to be played.

I agree with TheAmbassador. Greenback is the odds on favorite to hoist the trophy in 1A. Though Rockwood (2A) might knock out a few of your players prior to playoff time. They are salivating at a chance to knock your guys around.

I edidnt want to post anything else on the 2A poll topic,but thanks for the nice words.The linemen from GB had nothing but nice things to say about your line as well a lot of respect from some great competitors!

Your squad deserves every good thing that comes their way. That is one determined group of kids and you could see how hard they worked in the off season.

If you get down to really looking at these two.....I honestly think GB is the odds on favorite here.  They return the bulk of their line-up, coming off an impressive win, and they won last year.  I won't count out my boys though.....they have played beyond their expectations, are going to have an impressive crowd behind them, and this group doesn't quit.  Oneida-GB goes way back and these two have always played some entertaining games.  I think we might get a squeaker....say 3 points determining the outcome.  Saw the GB Soccer team up here Monday.....which one of them is your Placekicker?

Khan Kazzeeter